not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 18:53

Oh dear

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 18:57

luker1313 wrote:So if you caught Covid 19 at work delivering for Royal Mail then you lose some of your bonus?? You think that’s fair


Yes its fair you will only lose a small fraction of it the posties who worked every day get a little more. How would anyone know they caught it from work? anyway if you had it and have recovered then thats a far bigger bonus.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 19:10

Everyone deserves it end of ffs . Theres some right knobeds on here sometimes . Weve all put ourselves at risk , we all need to stick together be a bit more decent etc.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 19:17

I’m not overly fussed about the £200 but let’s not deny a lot of posties have used this as a free week or 2 off with pay that won’t go against their sick record.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 19:36

I am a part-timer, so will not get the full amount but am happy we got something.

To be honest though there are far more important things ahead like our job security when the post pandemic fallout hits the economy (it's going to get much worse).
Last edited by bucks123 on 15 May 2020, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 19:38

i'd like to think those -38 hrs would get it pro-rata on actual average hours worked during these testing times
but why do we always turn on each other?

one thing i do know is not to drop our guard, we always go soft when offered a freebie and start arguing amongst ourselves, but those new in charge will have something up their sleeves soon enough

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 20:19

Chelseablue wrote:Everyone deserves it end of ffs . Theres some right knobeds on here sometimes . Weve all put ourselves at risk , we all need to stick together be a bit more decent etc.


Not everyone has worked and while its not their fault i dont think they can be angry at not getting a bonus if they do get one good luck to them.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 20:27

I know this may not be a popular thought but as a F/T I would be willing to drop my bonus down by a few quid (say £180) so that P/T get brought up to the same amount and then we all get the same!

£200 taxable?

15 May 2020, 20:50

Decky Boy wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:I suppose the £200 Covid good will gesture will be prayed upon by the tax man?!


Who gives a fcuk if it's taxable... I think we all owe Terry, Dave and our negotiating team big time on this one....it's not just the bonus is it ? ? ?


Is that a joke? They gave away 6 day letter deliveries and we get a measly £200 PRO RATA - deducting more for any absence. Morrisons are giving their staff £1050 bonus for working through the pandemic, we get a mealy £200 PRO RATA. Yeah great negotiating skills.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 20:53

bucks123 wrote:I am a part-timer, so will not get the full amount but am happy we got something.

To be honest though there are far more important things ahead like our job security when the post pandemic fallout hits the economy (it's going to get much worse).


As soon as the union allowed RM to implement 5 day weeks for letters , your job security just crashed. You will be lucky to have a job in a year as RM transforms into a 5 day letter and parcel delivery company, while a separate branch of RM will deliver parcels on a Sat and Sun, probably zero hour contract, minimum wage self employed couriers using their own car/van.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 21:12

Chelseablue wrote:Everyone deserves it end of ffs . Theres some right knobeds on here sometimes . Weve all put ourselves at risk , we all need to stick together be a bit more decent etc.


Stick together?

Like at the start of this when people looked after themselves (i'm NOT talking of those who are shielding etc) in FULL KNOWLEDGE that it was going to shaft other members of the workforce?
Working from home
Cars on delivery
All under the guise of creating a safer indoor working environment. Many DO's busier than ever with staff now to help manage the workload.


The only time I've heard people wanting to stick together recently is when there is a bit of coin to be made for those doing less work.

Not interested in this £200, shame so many are.
Last edited by themailman on 15 May 2020, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 21:58

koolishy67 wrote:Again pro rata I am fade up with this


Especially when Full Timers from what I've seen have had it pretty easy over the past 5 weeks. Going home early, sometimes an hour+ early. Some days they finish before the part timers. It's truly laughable.

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 23:14

Silly question but is this bonus only for workers in the union or all workers?

200 Quid taxable?

15 May 2020, 23:28

I'd like to know where the figure of £200 comes from, genuinely.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 02:32

you bet your sweet ass it is, as for why it is only £ 200 for risking your life for well ask the CEO but he has £10 Million reasons not to say. As for pro rata this is the way forward and has been since 2001.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 05:56

norris9 wrote:
koolishy67 wrote:Again pro rata I am fade up with this


Especially when Full Timers from what I've seen have had it pretty easy over the past 5 weeks. Going home early, sometimes an hour+ early. Some days they finish before the part timers. It's truly laughable.



You cant say this is a rule and put everyone in one bag. I understand in your office it may be the case but remember each office is different. In my office there are hardly any people finishing early regardless if their f/t or p/t. Finishing early I mean maybe 30 odd minutes tops and not everyday. Most work to their time and some cut off too as their round is just too big. We get hardly and o/t paid and ghost o/t is pretty much non existent anymore.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 06:27

norris9 wrote:
koolishy67 wrote:Again pro rata I am fade up with this


Especially when Full Timers from what I've seen have had it pretty easy over the past 5 weeks. Going home early, sometimes an hour+ early. Some days they finish before the part timers. It's truly laughable.


Agreed, most of the full timers have been heading out on delivery earlier and finishing earlier than the PTers in my office throughout this due to the reduced levels of indoor work.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 07:02

GRS wrote:I know this may not be a popular thought but as a F/T I would be willing to drop my bonus down by a few quid (say £180) so that P/T get brought up to the same amount and then we all get the same!


If we truly had each other’s backs, each DO would pool together all the bonuses whether it’s £200 or £130 then split it equally. Wouldn’t be a huge difference money wise but would be a tremendous gesture which won’t be forgotten.

In my area of the DO for example there’s 19 duties with I believe 15 FT. Assuming the 15 FT get £200 and the 4 PT get £130 (not sure exactly how much exactly it is) that works out £185 each. So a FT would lose the equivalent of just over an hour pay whereas a PT would get the equivalent of a days pay, to some of them it would make a big difference.

Won’t happen I know but it’s nice thought :-)
Last edited by HTPostman on 16 May 2020, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 07:08

twiddledumb wrote:
bucks123 wrote:I am a part-timer, so will not get the full amount but am happy we got something.

To be honest though there are far more important things ahead like our job security when the post pandemic fallout hits the economy (it's going to get much worse).


As soon as the union allowed RM to implement 5 day weeks for letters , your job security just crashed. You will be lucky to have a job in a year as RM transforms into a 5 day letter and parcel delivery company, while a separate branch of RM will deliver parcels on a Sat and Sun, probably zero hour contract, minimum wage self employed couriers using their own car/van.


Everyone’s job security is at risk, PTers with less than 2 years service (no redundancy), unflexible FTers earning much more money, people nearing the end of their RM career who just don’t want to leave, those on cushy jobs finishing consistently before their time. Even line managers. I don’t think any job is safe.

We’ve not helped ourselves recently either agreeing to use cars and letting bags be dropped off at homes.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 07:58

twiddledumb wrote:
bucks123 wrote:I am a part-timer, so will not get the full amount but am happy we got something.

To be honest though there are far more important things ahead like our job security when the post pandemic fallout hits the economy (it's going to get much worse).


As soon as the union allowed RM to implement 5 day weeks for letters , your job security just crashed. You will be lucky to have a job in a year as RM transforms into a 5 day letter and parcel delivery company, while a separate branch of RM will deliver parcels on a Sat and Sun, probably zero hour contract, minimum wage self employed couriers using their own car/van.


If this is the case, why are RM buying loads of new vans and going electric.

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4