not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

25 May 2020, 20:03

So we work Mon-Fri and HAVE to work the SA on Saturday. There is no opt out option as there are not enough people in the office who want a rotating day off :(


Working 6 days has nothing to do with whether enough people want a rotating day off.

You don't have enough staff to implement a 5 day week because you as an office decided you would rather have the extra money yourselves than create or protect more jobs and promote a better work/life balance.

I'm not blaming you personally, you probably weren't involved in the decision but that's the nuts of it.

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

07 Jun 2020, 22:17

Woody Guthrie wrote:
So we work Mon-Fri and HAVE to work the SA on Saturday. There is no opt out option as there are not enough people in the office who want a rotating day off :(


Working 6 days has nothing to do with whether enough people want a rotating day off.

You don't have enough staff to implement a 5 day week because you as an office decided you would rather have the extra money yourselves than create or protect more jobs and promote a better work/life balance.

I'm not blaming you personally, you probably weren't involved in the decision but that's the nuts of it.


Yes, unfortunately this was decided on way before i started work there :crazy:

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

10 Jun 2020, 04:57

Fdeezy wrote:The only jobs that will be put at risk are the ones of the lazy or pointlessly confrontational.

Discuss.



Whatever. Your entit!ed to your view but , WHATEVER.

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

10 Jun 2020, 05:06

aiden01 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.


How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/

Never heard of SA being compulsory.



SA has never and is not compulsory. Stop talking utter xxxx.

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

10 Jun 2020, 08:13

Navalron wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.


How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/

Never heard of SA being compulsory.



SA has never and is not compulsory. Stop talking utter xxxx.


It is compulsory if you sign a contract to do it

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

10 Jun 2020, 08:18

A2B wrote:
Navalron wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.


How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/

Never heard of SA being compulsory.



SA has never and is not compulsory. Stop talking utter xxxx.


It is compulsory if you sign a contract to do it


It's still not compulsory.
You can cancel the contract at 30 days notice and in practice I've never seen a manager hold anyone to the 30 days if they have a legitimate reason for cancelling.

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

10 Jun 2020, 17:35

Navalron wrote:
Fdeezy wrote:The only jobs that will be put at risk are the ones of the lazy or pointlessly confrontational.

Discuss.



Whatever. Your entit!ed to your view but , WHATEVER.


Sounds like someone hasn't completed their duty recently...

But realistically, for a business to prosper then you have to get rid of all the inefficient staff. The people that regularly argue about how many loops they're leaving behind would be the ones with the targets on their backs in my opinion but, WHATEVER.

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

01 Jul 2020, 15:29

Navalron wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.


How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/

Never heard of SA being compulsory.



SA has never and is not compulsory. Stop talking utter xxxx.


Come to my office and try and prove this PLEASE :arrrghhh

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

01 Jul 2020, 15:47

da'bunny wrote:
Come to my office and try and prove this PLEASE :arrrghhh

If you no longer wish to perform SA you give them one months notice.
God knows what s**t is going on in your office.

Previous page Next page


Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4