not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

13 May 2020, 20:34

wookie wrote:People have already worked their rest day this week to have Saturday off. Some are Drivers. :arrrghhh

That is their choice as long as they dont expect to take the RDC of their job on their original rest day.

13 May 2020, 20:40

Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.

How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/

13 May 2020, 20:45

da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

How? SA is COMPULSORY in my office every Saturday. I would love to work only Mon-Fri and give it up. We don't have a rotating day off and working 6 days a week is no good for work/life balance :/

Never heard of SA being compulsory.

13 May 2020, 22:02

da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

SA is not compulsory in any office, there is no compulsory overtime in Royal Mail.
You have to sign an undertaking and you can cancel at one month's notice.

It says so in the SA agreement

If personal or business circumstances change, and undertaking may be terminated within annual period by the giving of one month's notice by either Royal Mail or the employee.
Last edited by Woody Guthrie on 13 May 2020, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

13 May 2020, 22:03

da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

Thought we went to 5day week like 15 yrs ago if I remember?

13 May 2020, 22:48

Nothing wrong with opting for Mon-Fri. Who wouldn't?

PS, overtime of any kind (SA) is NOT compulsory. Obviously. We're not in the bloody army during a war ffs!

13 May 2020, 23:01

The union advised everyone to refuse any rota changes and stay with what they had. We should all do that.
It is a trial to provide data for RM so they can attack the USO. Don't help them achieve this.
Hopefully it will end soon as it isn't helping us do the job. It will likely run the full six weeks I expect though.
Regarding summer lapsing the additional annual leave has been allocated so we can't go back on it. I agree with the social distancing, lack of vans, and Xmas levels of mail most days of the week it will be like hell on earth. Best we can hope for is that the ' R ' number falls below 0.5 then Boris can loosen the restrictions further or nearly completely. Otherwise I despair for the remainder of 2020.

13 May 2020, 23:05

rambo1 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

Our DOM did explain to me why some offices have SA on Saturdays but I have forgotten what he said. We only have SA for evening collections, early IPS, and for the extended at Xmas.

14 May 2020, 12:30

Opting for mon to fri as the union said helps rico with his plans. If youre not bothered great stuff

14 May 2020, 19:25

Chelseablue wrote:Opting for mon to fri as the union said helps rico with his plans. If youre not bothered great stuff

But Pullinger said he has a letter from Rico signed and sealed by all them saying it's only temp so what's to worry about? Surely if Pullinger didn't believe Rico then he wouldn't have SIGNED it?

14 May 2020, 19:47

smok3y666 wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Opting for mon to fri as the union said helps rico with his plans. If youre not bothered great stuff

But Pullinger said he has a letter from Rico signed and sealed by all them saying it's only temp so what's to worry about? Surely if Pullinger didn't believe Rico then he wouldn't have SIGNED it?

Don't forget it's apparently legally binding....

14 May 2020, 21:06

smok3y666 wrote:

Do you believe pullinger or rico??

14 May 2020, 21:36

Woody Guthrie wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

SA is not compulsory in any office, there is no compulsory overtime in Royal Mail.
You have to sign an undertaking and you can cancel at one month's notice.

It says so in the SA agreement

If personal or business circumstances change, and undertaking may be terminated within annual period by the giving of one month's notice by either Royal Mail or the employee.

I gave up an SA day off the DOM said ok it finishes in a month.
I said what happens if i don't turn up?
He said you're banned from OT for a month
I said ok consider me banned for the four weeks i'm not doing it anyway.

15 May 2020, 03:35

Don’t know about the rest of you but there’s no option about it - the rota goes up, sometimes you are working the Saturday, sometimes not.

Perhaps different for FT staff on set rounds with a set day off, they can put a stand against it if they wish but for me (PT) I get a rolling day off. Nothing has changed since day 1. I do the work I’m given in the hours I’m contracted to work and if I can’t complete (near impossible on a 5 hour day) I agree to the overtime or use the overrunning procedure.

As for my own thoughts on Mon-Fri, I’ll take any shift pattern as long as I keep my job.

20 May 2020, 22:29

rambo1 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

No, not at our office, we retained permanent Saturday SA :(

20 May 2020, 23:14

da'bunny wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

Explain permanent sa please??

21 May 2020, 02:53

redneck wrote:
Fdeezy wrote:The only jobs that will be put at risk are the ones of the lazy or pointlessly confrontational.

Discuss.

So you won't be at risk yourself then? Exactly the attitude.

Who gets to decide whos lazy or got a medical condition. And if it's pointless in arguing over working conditions why don't you go work for Amazon or Hermes ect. What's pointlessly confrontational in YOUR opinion.

22 May 2020, 06:48

Navalron wrote:Who gets to decide whos lazy or got a medical condition. And if it's pointless in arguing over working conditions why don't you go work for Amazon or Hermes ect. What's pointlessly confrontational in YOUR opinion.

Working conditions are one thing - arguing about how many loops you need to leave and then meandering about so that you don't get back too early is common practice (in my office at least) and causing unnecessary strain to everyone involved.

It's no secret that there are lazy posties, there are lazy people in every industry. Surely the union man should be sticking up for the part timers being vilified for making a living? I was not asked to stop working Saturdays. I am not selfish or killing the job because I'm not organising a coup over it, nor because I work over. If you think that my post was pointlessly confrontational then okay. Enjoy your day. I'm sure I will.

25 May 2020, 15:09

Anyone else hate that word .. discuss

25 May 2020, 19:39

aiden01 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
da'bunny wrote:
Discuss.

Explain permanent sa please??

I mean that the SA is permanently on a Saturday no other day of the week. So we work Mon-Fri and HAVE to work the SA on Saturday. There is no opt out option as there are not enough people in the office who want a rotating day off :(

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4