not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Those taking up option of Mon-Fri working are selfish and putting jobs at risk.

12 May 2020, 21:06

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Cogger62 wrote:CWU rep confirmed Union have agreed that all reserves have to adopt mon-fri for next 5 weeks

More likely till September (bet RM will still have summer lapsing)

You can only lapse if there's time available and with the amount of failed walks around i can't see it happening.

12 May 2020, 21:43

wacko74 wrote:Those who still talk about us providing a ''public service'' and claiming that delivering letters 6 days a week is essential and should remain in place are putting EVERYONE'S jobs at risk and the very existence of RM in jeopardy... it's an utterly unsustainable way of operating in the face of the competition.

Given the levels of natural wastage in RM I doubt there would even be many VR's never mind compulsory redundancies if we did go down to 5 days.

Exactly this. Jobs are being lost in every industry right now. If we needed to shed 10-20k ,it would be done within a yr on natural wastage, no vr. Business has to evolve and change. It's obvious this new Saturday thing isn't the answer in it's present form though, with the amount of failures on Saturday then the amount of overtime on Monday. Anyone can see that.

12 May 2020, 21:47

Rommagic wrote:If 50 per cent of staff done all parcels on Saturdays instead of just tracks then Mondays would be better.

Yeah but that's impossible on no overtime isn't it? And if it is in your office, it's due a revision as it must be a piece of cake rest of week.

12 May 2020, 22:25

mickeymacca wrote:What is your favourite Olympic event, Discuss?

Discus

12 May 2020, 22:26

What option?

12 May 2020, 23:11

The current system rolled out on Saturdays relys on having managers who can manage. I’m sure it’s different everywhere but up here far too many seem to be getting away with taking the piss and leaving a whole load of stuff that they should be taking, funny enough they all seemed to have managed to get Monday as their day off for the last couple of weeks as well. I don’t know what the answer is but it’s not this.

12 May 2020, 23:25

I remember the short five hour Saturday, 5a.m. untill 10a.m. When it was changed to a regular day everyone hated it. Now they are fighting to keep Saturday as a regular day. Change is coming weather we like it or not.

13 May 2020, 06:22

It's okay working mon -fri if all days are equal but if your having every sat off and your on long and shorts your giving Royal mail time. As sat is less hours than a Wednesday for instance

13 May 2020, 08:07

People have to do what’s best for them, if they want to have Saturday of that’s there choice, it’s not selfish, thinging about themselves

13 May 2020, 08:57

woody38 wrote:People have to do what’s best for them, if they want to have Saturday of that’s there choice, it’s not selfish, thinging about themselves

I think you need to look up the definition of selfish or were you being ironic?

13 May 2020, 10:14

Woody Guthrie wrote:People doing Scheduled Attendance are putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
Anybody doing any kind of overtime is putting jobs at risk.
Discuss.
Pretty much anything you do whether it's work too slowly or fly around like an idiot could potentially cost jobs.

If people moving from a rotated day off to a fixed day off is putting jobs at risk you'll have to join the dots for me, I must be missing something and it has to be better than it'll end up with Ofcom giving Royal Mail the green light to go for a 5 day service because that's just being silly.

It was explained to me like this , But im sure you already know as you seem like an intelligent guy . If your a duty holder great , you change, work Monday to Friday. So now the floater who used to cover your day of through the week does not have a job , as your working Monday to Friday . So now the floater either has to cover annual leave or sick absences along with the reserves . So now the floaters are getting shafted . On a Saturday if your office does not have many of sick and they only need 50% of staff, theirs going to be bodies spare . Hence people could loose there jobs if this was to become permanent . Its all about preventing change in the office without an agreement . Most in my office have continued there normal rotation . which means we have too many people on a Saturday with only packets being delivered and mondays now they have to pay overtime . :crazy:

13 May 2020, 10:23

DICKIEG wrote:It's okay working mon -fri if all days are equal but if your having every sat off and your on long and shorts your giving Royal mail time. As sat is less hours than a Wednesday for instance

No your not. If you swop your Thursday off for Saturday that week, then you work Saturday hrs on Thurs and claim the overtime or cut off. It's that simple. Just explain it to your managr and put a note on the docket sheet. They probably think they are gonna get away with this, but not with me, or anyone else who's sensible.

13 May 2020, 14:30

Cogger62 wrote:CWU rep confirmed Union have agreed that all reserves have to adopt mon-fri for next 5 weeks

Thats funny i havent and told my dom im happy to work sat and have day in week off and thats whats happening.

13 May 2020, 14:42

The union haven't agreed that.
It was agreed as the position of last resort if no agreement could be reached in an office after the input of area and divisional reps and no volunteers could be found that annual leave reserves would be re-aligned to a Mon-Fri.

The actual section from the agreement..

In the event no agreement had been reached the Operations Manager and Area Delivery CWU Rep will review outstanding issues on Wednesday 6th May 2020.

 The respective SDL and Divisional representative will oversee activities and be available as apoint of support and fast track the escalation process to resolve any issues if necessary.

 If no agreement can be reached existing duty structures and attendance times will remain in place and unchanged, however the focus of the Saturday delivery operation will remain on
parcels only. Annual Leave Reserves in this case will be re-aligned to Monday – Friday attendances to enhance USO coverage.

13 May 2020, 16:33

I'm on Mon-Fri and have taken the view point of everyone else in my office, look after number 1.

13 May 2020, 18:03

Were all in this together ,,, always knew we werent .

13 May 2020, 18:21

darkgable wrote:
Discuss.
Discuss.
Pretty much anything you do whether it's work too slowly or fly around like an idiot could potentially cost jobs.

If people moving from a rotated day off to a fixed day off is putting jobs at risk you'll have to join the dots for me, I must be missing something and it has to be better than it'll end up with Ofcom giving Royal Mail the green light to go for a 5 day service because that's just being silly.

It was explained to me like this , But im sure you already know as you seem like an intelligent guy . If your a duty holder great , you change, work Monday to Friday. So now the floater who used to cover your day of through the week does not have a job , as your working Monday to Friday . So now the floater either has to cover annual leave or sick absences along with the reserves . So now the floaters are getting shafted . On a Saturday if your office does not have many of sick and they only need 50% of staff, theirs going to be bodies spare . Hence people could loose there jobs if this was to become permanent . Its all about preventing change in the office without an agreement . Most in my office have continued there normal rotation . which means we have too many people on a Saturday with only packets being delivered and mondays now they have to pay overtime . :crazy:

If you swap your rest day then it is you who has no duty on your original day off, your rest day cover is not moved unless they agree.

13 May 2020, 18:31

cpsteve wrote:
darkgable wrote:
Discuss.
Discuss.

If you swap your rest day then it is you who has no duty on your original day off, your rest day cover is not moved unless they agree.

I can guarantee you if I'm asked to swop my Thursday off to a Saturday and I agree I would be doing my own duty on the Thursday. But I'm staying on my normal rotation anyway

13 May 2020, 20:05

I can guarantee you if I'm asked to swop my Thursday off to a Saturday and I agree I would be doing my own duty on the Thursday. But I'm staying on my normal rotation anyway

Thats a terrible attitude but not unusual in the RM.

13 May 2020, 20:17

People have already worked their rest day this week to have Saturday off. Some are Drivers. :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4