not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Drugs Coming Through in the Mail

11 May 2020, 17:30

postman1979 wrote:
woody38 wrote:
Cybitech wrote:Has anyone else noticed a rise in the amount of people getting cannabis in the post ? Especially since this lockdown has started.

Can anyone point me in the direction of official guidance on the procedures to follow if you suspect an item may contain cannabis ?

With all that’s happening if people want to smoke a bit of weed what harm are they doing, if it’s crack or heron then yes report it but not weed, after all most of us have tried it at least once in there life.

Yes tried it and it did nothing for me, but most posties will not want to fall foul of the offence of aiding and abetting the supply of a prohibited drug by delivering something you know or reasonably suspect to be a controlled prohibited drug.

Come on we are not responsible for what we deliver we have no idea whats in a packet although i did deliver something that looked very much like a shovel today.

11 May 2020, 19:22

Some smell so bad and stink the office out, then stink the van or trolly out.
Im not that bothered what people choose to do but its when you deliver to an address and they open the door and the stink hits you, then you see a toddler running around :mad

11 May 2020, 20:16

A couple of years back in our office the police had the postie deliver it as normal then ambushed the bloke at the door (it was a special). The postie had to go to court as there was a trial. Myself and a lot of others made the decision that day that we'd never get involved if we suspected we were delivering drugs.

12 May 2020, 06:32

sorefeet17 wrote:Some smell so bad and stink the office out

When they come back to the callers office we put them in the fridge because the smell is so nauseating.
Apart from confirming there was probably a grinder in the packet as well, the police were totally disinterested.

12 May 2020, 23:20

Do our job and deliver the parcels is what we are told, not our problem what’s in them apparently. There’s a couple of duty’s in the office where it’s obvious someone is upto no good, multiple specials several times a week etc

13 May 2020, 08:50

RM's attitude to substances in packets is woeful. A little bit of weed is one thing. Yeh it smells but it's not going to harm us. If the police are uninterested thats on them but we should inform them every time. There are other drugs that are sent in the mail that if they leak could prove to be very harmful to the postie. Fentanyl being one of them. Iv had packets leaking god knows what and been instructed to just put it in a damage bag. No regard for what it could be. One incident was just after the Skripal poisoning. :arrrghhh

This company is a joke company from top to bottom. Inadequate at every turn. Clueless "managers".

13 May 2020, 21:33

cpsteve wrote:
postman1979 wrote:
woody38 wrote:
Cybitech wrote:Has anyone else noticed a rise in the amount of people getting cannabis in the post ? Especially since this lockdown has started.

Can anyone point me in the direction of official guidance on the procedures to follow if you suspect an item may contain cannabis ?

With all that’s happening if people want to smoke a bit of weed what harm are they doing, if it’s crack or heron then yes report it but not weed, after all most of us have tried it at least once in there life.

Yes tried it and it did nothing for me, but most posties will not want to fall foul of the offence of aiding and abetting the supply of a prohibited drug by delivering something you know or reasonably suspect to be a controlled prohibited drug.

Come on we are not responsible for what we deliver we have no idea whats in a packet although i did deliver something that looked very much like a shovel today.

Did you report it? There's a very good chance he's killed is wife :whistle

13 May 2020, 22:31

I know for a fact when I'm delivering Dildo's. When they complain how late it's being delivered I tell them to go f**k themselves...

15 May 2020, 12:01

I'm afraid that's how things are now. Most astute dealers for all drugs are on the Dark Web with customers using a TOR browser to access their products. You will find that you've delivered quite a lot of cocaine compared to weed but it has no smell and is of far less volume and thus nearly impossible to detect. It's usually sent in seed packets or DVD covers and another trick is a dummy jiffy parcel with one of those sticky plastic 'invoice' or address envelopes whereby it's hidden inside the folded document inside the plastic and can't accidentally be ripped off.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2