not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Office morale

10 May 2020, 17:22

Prince charles lifted my morale . Nice little touch , rico take note .

Office morale

11 May 2020, 17:36

HTPostman wrote:Nothing really has changed.

Managers: Are actually quite decent but have all kinds of deals on to satisfy everyone. OT is paid 99% of the time. 40% of hours in our office are done on OT so they know if they don’t pay it everything will collapse.

There’s a few tiers of staff:

Tier 1: Those nearing retirement are on ‘easier’ trolley duties and are back by 1pm on a bad day (still getting paid till 3). They aren’t challenged or sent back out because they are the first to walk or go sick.

Tier 2: Full timers doing single van duties or what were park and loops. Happy as long as their hours are the same and they aren’t told to do extrat. Some using their cars. A decent bunch but prone to doing whatever they can to get done 5mins earlier - if for example they have a tricky parcel, they’ll hide it on one of the yorks of the Tier 3 staff (see below)...that’s not hearsay btw.

Tier 3: PT time staff put on the 1pm till 6pm shift. Most are looking for another job. Put on walks blind, often get to their york to find a tricky tracked parcel for the round next door on their york- tracked must go so they have to deliver. Rarely kept in the loop with new working practices. If lucky to be in on a morning often expected to be using cars. Refuse to educate themselves on rules about being sent to other offices (eg start and finish at your own DO, insist on being given transport).

None of the 3 tiers will ever support each other.

Union Rep: no idea, not seen him since the gate meetings late last year.

Good Post HT. :Applause I think most of us can relate to these various different Tiers ..... but remember we are all apparently working for the same Company. :crazy: I've often thought how lucky I am to not to have to rely on some of my colleagues for anything more important than delivering the mail. :hmmmm I've also wondered if any of them have EVER worked for a company that actualy insisted they work the hours that they get paid for, and actually do the job the way it's meant to be done..... instead of just doing whatever they feel like. :cuppa

Office morale

11 May 2020, 19:46

Managers not bothered with staff leaving stuff as long they take their tracked items and specials obviously. They still go round asking staff if they will complete but I've seen Yorke's full of packets get left for days because no overtime was being paid to get them delivered on Saturday or Monday.

That changed this week when someone realised that the work actually needs to be delivered and so the docket kings reign supreme once again. I think managers weren't that bothered at first because we weren't getting all the parcels in from mail centres,but surely if someone wants overtime and the work is there to do,why can't they do it??

There have been a few deliveries that haven't gone though because of staff sickness from covid19 and ironically it's been those that got told to work from 1pm onwards - which might go to show how unpopular working these hours are.

Office morale

20 May 2020, 09:08

A2B wrote:
Celgar wrote:The general public have no idea what is going on. Some still saying they thought Saturday deliveries had been cancelled.
No overtime available on Saturdays & Mondays so RM is effectively condoning ' modern day slavery '.
No good points about these new measures or any benefits for the workforce or the customers.
P***** off about being ' selected ' to start later and finish later every day.

Please can you explain your "modern slavery" and "selected to start later and finish later" comments?

Also strange that you think that social distancing is of no benefit to the workforce or customer

Because celgar has posted before that his .COM doesn't pay any docket but they still work last their finish times. SAD.

Office morale

20 May 2020, 10:52

Morale is bad in our office due to colleagues moaning they cant do this and cant do that. Taking less than wat they should by saying they'll struggle and fire extra onto others and then hiding on their walks to get their day in. Each to their own I suppose but the sickening thing is that its the same people that are shafting others daily. Even on the light days. Yes it's down to management not stopping it but at the end of the day you would expect everyone to stand together in these unprecedented times. You are basically going out on delivery in a bad mood every day. It's so disheartening

Office morale

20 May 2020, 18:04

Frankie15 wrote:Morale is bad in our office due to colleagues moaning they cant do this and cant do that. Taking less than wat they should by saying they'll struggle and fire extra onto others and then hiding on their walks to get their day in. Each to their own I suppose but the sickening thing is that its the same people that are shafting others daily. Even on the light days. Yes it's down to management not stopping it but at the end of the day you would expect everyone to stand together in these unprecedented times. You are basically going out on delivery in a bad mood every day. It's so disheartening

Yep I echo that my friend,there’s a massive void in finishing times in our office,with the so called manager happy for us to bitch amongst ourselves in his absence.not sure it’s entirely down to speed and the mindset to get round and done rather than a sensible fairness in round workload etc,but hey mustn’t grumble as the odd day when you need to get done and get back a bit early all hell breaks out,but I guess it’s the same across all units,I’m greeted in the morning with the hustle and bustle of scanning tracked items by the boss,when it used to be done by us ,and maybe a quick word and then he’s gone,after a whole 30 minutes at his other office,inspiring and morale boosting it certainly ain’t!!

Office morale

22 May 2020, 15:46

Ours was very fractured before this and it didn't take long before many chose their own way of doing things, way beyond what RM/union suggested as alternative ways of working - and shafting other staff into the bargain. Read about it on here happening too in DO's all over UK.
It will be interesting the next time we have to vote on anything as a local agreement etc, as there is a huge split.

Office morale

22 May 2020, 16:00

Since 'parcels only on Saturday' has come in, our office morale has reduced significantly. The place as gone from 'failing in a managed way and not too far behind' to 'letters and untracked small packets' not going out for 4-5 days and then effectively unclearable by one person'. Sickness had reduced quite significantly but is now rising again

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2