not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

PDA

10 May 2020, 17:18

Locker staff spraying bathroom cleaner and antiseptic wipes every day can't help. They really are a poor piece of kit.

PDA

10 May 2020, 19:57

The TC75 Series delivers reliable operation, even after multiple 8 ft./2.4 m drops to concrete and 2,000 consecutive 3.2 ft./1 m tumbles in our punishing tumble test. With IP65 and IP67 sealing, the TC75 Series is dust-tight and can survive complete immersion in water.

They don't survive complete immersion in water in my experience or at least they don't function afterwards.

PDA

13 May 2020, 19:50

The Postman wrote:Every second time you wake it up it won't scan. Frustrating.

Sounds like paradise. Every third for me today: wake up, won't unlock, sleep, wake, unlock, won't scan, sleep, wake, unlock, finally able to scan. 15 seconds of that nonsense multiplied by current packet levels across deliveries nationwide: this is why we can't have the shorter working week :wink:

PDA

14 May 2020, 00:26

Mr Rush wrote:
The Postman wrote:Every second time you wake it up it won't scan. Frustrating.

Sounds like paradise. Every third for me today: wake up, won't unlock, sleep, wake, unlock, won't scan, sleep, wake, unlock, finally able to scan. 15 seconds of that nonsense multiplied by current packet levels across deliveries nationwide: this is why we can't have the shorter working week :wink:

This has been driving me nuts. Probably costs me 5 minutes a day and shortens my lifespan with the amount of anger it causes me. I now just scan everything before each loop so I don't have to go through having to try to scan each parcel 2 3 or even 4 times!

PDA

14 May 2020, 02:02

I wonder if IT can remotely do a full refresh of the software in a given PDA. With PCs it can really speed them up whenever Windows gets reinstalled from scratch

PDA

14 May 2020, 08:20

SpacePhoenix wrote:I wonder if IT can remotely do a full refresh of the software in a given PDA. With PCs it can really speed them up whenever Windows gets reinstalled from scratch

IT remotely "rebuilt" the software on all our PDA about a month back, it was done overnight so didn't interfere with normal use but they have not improved.

Also with so many crashes now it's a pain signing back in when you are on delivery as you can no longer enter 000000000, if you do a regular walk then it's easy to take a copy of the barcode but if you are covering different walks it's easy to forget and you end up stuck without a scanner :thumbdown

PDA

14 May 2020, 10:04

What I do with my pda when ai get it each morning is reboot the pda so it turns itself of and on, that normally does the trick for me, I also always but it in a holder over my shoulder that helps a lot and stop it doing things by itself.

PDA

14 May 2020, 12:28

A2B wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:I wonder if IT can remotely do a full refresh of the software in a given PDA. With PCs it can really speed them up whenever Windows gets reinstalled from scratch

IT remotely "rebuilt" the software on all our PDA about a month back, it was done overnight so didn't interfere with normal use but they have not improved.

Also with so many crashes now it's a pain signing back in when you are on delivery as you can no longer enter 000000000, if you do a regular walk then it's easy to take a copy of the barcode but if you are covering different walks it's easy to forget and you end up stuck without a scanner :thumbdown

try 0000000001 , it bollocks you but it does work.

PDA

14 May 2020, 17:50

2yearpostie wrote:
A2B wrote:

try 0000000001 , it bollocks you but it does work.

That doesn't work anymore.

PDA

14 May 2020, 17:59

it goes wrong during every loop so at the moment whilst no customers have to sign , I scan everything before each loop and sort out problems back at the van

PDA

16 May 2020, 22:29

0000000001 worked for me the week before last. That was after the software update. It gives an error the first time, but press submit (or whatever it is) again and it is accepted.

PDA

27 May 2020, 20:33

Have they fixed the scanner not coming on issue? Mine has been ok so far this week. Although it did log me off twice yesterday.
And I can confirm what I said above about the dummy delivery route number. Just press enter/submit again after getting the error that the route isn't valid after the 1st press.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2