not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 19:43

We have been told to take everything out that isn't a letter or a flat.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 21:37

centenaryman wrote:our office is shut alot ie early hours when the van shows up....the driver has a key....rolls all the yorks in and locks up and leaves.

on the topic of tomorrow though i was in last saturday only took parcels out....a few of the lads that "cant walk" stayed in and sorted mail for the monday.

this saturday though 1/2 the staff in so each postman that can driver has to take all parcels for 2 walks......them that have no license and there walk is close take 1 walks parcels.......
BUT we have a split in the office we have 5 single duties they are telling management there only delivering 1 walks parcels....so god knows how it will pan out.

No way a single rural can do 2 rural duties pkts in your hrs. Impossible.

Letter delivery tomorrow

08 May 2020, 23:49

Celgar wrote:I took my day off on Thursday and they said everything was covered but apparently it wasn't as my delivery was left in the frame on Thursday. So I will have all the mail and parcels from Thursday plus all the parcels from Saturday!! I would have offered to work my day off if I knew they were going to land me in the ****.
If we are lucky this ****** plan for Saturdays/Mondays will be dropped after this weekend as it serves no purpose and just makes the job more difficult.

If quality of service is relaxed by Ofcom ie its ok not to uphold the uso due to "CV19". RM are using it to save money by dropping Sat letter delivery & reducing Sat staff levels. Mondays are busier and cant be done within timeframe so everyone cuts off. Work is carried onto Tuesday to make sure Tuesdays are full too.

I understand the logic of it. Its doesnt mean I like it or even think its right. To me RM are trying / experimenting what they have wanted to do for a while but using CV19 as a cover story.

Letter delivery tomorrow

09 May 2020, 06:15

rambo1 wrote:
centenaryman wrote:.

Agreed.

I doubt it would even be possible under 'normal' summer pkt volumes, never mind what we're currently experiencing.

Letter delivery tomorrow

09 May 2020, 07:15

2yearpostie wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Someone has to be at the office on a bank holiday for when the mc deliver to us.

Why?

how would they deliver the mail to a closed office?

It's not surprising that the business is in trouble when it pays staff to open and close a door.

Letter delivery tomorrow

09 May 2020, 07:54

wacko74 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Agreed.

I doubt it would even be possible under 'normal' summer pkt volumes, never mind what we're currently experiencing.

Ahhh but term rural doesnt fit here....were no rural countryside or alike we dont have a mile or 2 between delivery points...hard to explain without a map...lol.

We were shown figures a couple of years ago....paired delivery were scanning 3000-4000 parcel scans over a time period....our single duties were 200-300 scans...so its a massive volume diff.

We leave the office in a morn...2-3 yorks full jammed in the van....our single duties use a bread tray....with bundles of mail laid on....volumes are massively different

Letter delivery tomorrow

09 May 2020, 13:59

Woody Guthrie wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Someone has to be at the office on a bank holiday for when the mc deliver to us.

Why?

how would they deliver the mail to a closed office?

It's not surprising that the business is in trouble when it pays staff to open and close a door.

Are you offering to do it for free?

Letter delivery tomorrow

09 May 2020, 14:04

A2B wrote:

No.
What happens in every office I have ever worked in is the driver has a set of keys, he opens up and delivers the mail.
He then locks up and travels on to the next DO.
Why does somebody else need to open up for them?

How much overtime are they paid to open and shut a door? Do they do other things?
What happens if the lorry is delayed?

Letter delivery tomorrow

09 May 2020, 14:11

clashcityrocker wrote:
A2B wrote:

No.
What happens in every office I have ever worked in is the driver has a set of keys, he opens up and delivers the mail.
He then locks up and travels on to the next DO.
Why does somebody else need to open up for them?

How much overtime are they paid to open and shut a door? Do they do other things?
What happens if the lorry is delayed?

Normal non bank holiday day office is open when wagons arrive, bank holiday day office obviously closed so someone needs to let the wagon guy in and out, twice.

Letter delivery tomorrow

09 May 2020, 14:20

wacko74 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Agreed.

I attempted this today, tracked and specials only, absolute nightmare. As they're not paying O/T I had 6hrs(part-timer) from prepping to delivering for two rural rounds, one I had no knowledge of, needless to say Monday is double everything, mail, packets and oversize :shock:

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2