not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




lost van key

07 May 2020, 08:50

HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not

I am watching you. Rember what I said in one of your incarnations. When people ask for advice, they don't want a judgemental troll castigating them.

You get closer, each post that ignores my advice, to needing another sock.


By the way, managers should find in expectable; otherwise, they can't plan for when it does happen.

lost van key

07 May 2020, 15:57

I thought in this free country there is a thing called free speech.

But some on here think they can bully and try to intimidate people into not speaking their opinion.

If certain people cant except free speech they should have a hard look in the mirror and not be on here.

This will probably be my last post as I will be banned by a certain person. If I am it is a poor reflection of this person and their reason for being on the site.

lost van key

07 May 2020, 16:50

So where did you loose it???? DOH!!sorry joke alert,start an investigation? Well that should take up some valuable time and achieve what?its happened it’s no biggy in the current climate,but then I’m not a manager who’s no doubt accountable to god knows who,good luck

lost van key

08 May 2020, 07:35

HA1 wrote:I thought in this free country there is a thing called free speech.
There is, and there are also laws on hate speech. However, extra to that is an agreement you accepted when you joined that you would follow the rules of this community. We have various threads on what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour, and I have addressed individual posts that transgressed the rules and ethos of RMC, so you are fully aware of them.

HA1 wrote:But some on here think they can bully and try to intimidate people into not speaking their opinion.
Opinions are fine as long as the way you post them follows the rules and ethos of RMC. When posters ask for advice either give them that advice in that thread or start a new thread where you can share your opinion on what should happen if.......
This is the one you fail to grasp in every sock account that gets banned, they are easy to spot, members call you a troll.

HA1 wrote:If certain people can't except free speech they should have a hard look in the mirror and not be on here.
If certain people think free speech should have no barriers at all then perhaps they should leave the UK. Free speech in any community, online and real-world, will always have limits, if you can't stick to those limits, then I agree perhaps you should not be on here.

HA1 wrote:This will probably be my last post as I will be banned by a certain person. If I am it is a poor reflection of this person and their reason for being on the site.
Up to this point today, you have done nothing that needs addressing beyond where it has been already, so there is no need to ban you. I can't ban you for this post as criticising me is not reason enough, nor should it be. Also, you won't be banned if, from this point on you follow the rules, it really is that simple.

lost van key

08 May 2020, 08:18

Maybe at 8pm we should go out and applaud TBT who now appears to have the patience of a saint.
If I was a moderator there would only be about 6 people I would allow to post ...and I wouldn't be one of them.

lost van key

08 May 2020, 09:59

If I was the OP that had lost the van key and was facing an investigation I would pay up out of my own pocket to get a copy of the original van key if possible. I believe Timpsons can do this for around a tenner.

This would show two things,one,that it was a genuine mistake,and two,that you are willing to put things right. If you had lost your car or door keys,this is what you would do,right?

lost van key

08 May 2020, 10:21

postslippete wrote:If I was the OP that had lost the van key and was facing an investigation I would pay up out of my own pocket to get a copy of the original van key if possible. I believe Timpsons can do this for around a tenner.

This would show two things,one,that it was a genuine mistake,and two,that you are willing to put things right. If you had lost your car or door keys,this is what you would do,right?


I would do that myself, but playing devils advocate here we don't know enough about the circumstances. Was it lost out on the street or back in the office? If lost
out on the street did a manager have to waste their valuable time (LOL) coming out with a spare key? If lost on the street I suppose a lost key
for a van is technically a mail security risk if the van locks aren't all changed - so there's a cost there - new locks have to be bought and fitted by the mechanics
and in the current situation you don't want to give management any excuse........

Some offices/management might consider the risk minimal, other offices the risk might be greater.

lost van key

08 May 2020, 10:52

yellowbelly wrote:
I would do that myself, but playing devils advocate here we don't know enough about the circumstances. Was it lost out on the street or back in the office? If lost
out on the street did a manager have to waste their valuable time (LOL) coming out with a spare key? If lost on the street I suppose a lost key
for a van is technically a mail security risk if the van locks aren't all changed - so there's a cost there - new locks have to be bought and fitted by the mechanics
and in the current situation you don't want to give management any excuse........

Some offices/management might consider the risk minimal, other offices the risk might be greater.



True. I suppose an alternative different van could be used if the OP thought the van key was lost in the street. I'm assuming the OP wasn't driving in a shared van though?? :hmmmm

lost van key

15 May 2020, 09:49

thankyou all for your help, i had a chat with my manager, i bought a lanyard so there is a less of a chance of me loosing them again, i am only a human and everyone is allowed to make mistakes during work. thankyou again for giving me good advice and helping me.

lost van key

15 May 2020, 16:07

HA1 wrote:Do you lose your own car keys no

Do you lose your own house keys no

So why is it expectable to lose Royal Mails keys. Its not

I am only human ,I do mistakes ,I am not perfect .On my life besiade my work i do mistakes also ,but I am very happy that Royal mail has perfect people like you ,who never lost anything and never done any mistake .Have a good weekend .

lost van key

15 May 2020, 18:50

glad to hear you seem to have come through this without too much trouble[I hope!],put it behind you & stay positive .

lost van key

16 May 2020, 01:23

jack17 wrote:thankyou all for your help, i had a chat with my manager, i bought a lanyard so there is a less of a chance of me loosing them again, i am only a human and everyone is allowed to make mistakes during work. thankyou again for giving me good advice and helping me.

Lanyard's should be part of the kit but they are not, We all make mistakes and we all learn from them some are more costly than others but s**t does happen.

lost van key

17 May 2020, 11:27

We all make mistakes jack, I tend to link the van key with my own keys and that way I never seem to lose anything with a larger bunch of keys in pocket. Glad to see it's all been resolved though

lost van key

17 May 2020, 13:26

I was told that Timpsons cant cut new van keys and that they have to be ordered from the main dealer at a cost of around £80.00 each. This didnt come from a manager but another postman who is usually reliable.

lost van key

28 May 2020, 20:39

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Collating
OPGS
Losing keys
Unlikely
Major
Bollocking
Obviously

How did you know the codeword? :shock:


There's just one more thing to add to that.
Play
Ignorant
Let
Loose
A
Really
Bad
Ostensibly
X-Rated
Evil
Shart

That'll get any harsh managerial nonsense off the case.

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 2   1, 2