not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??

26 Apr 2020, 22:30

norris9 wrote:No.

Same people going home early everyday. Same people working all their hours everyday.

You can't complain if you just work your paid hours.
Gaffers at fault if he's letting others go home early, especially if your office is failing.

26 Apr 2020, 22:57

Re: annual leave being cancelled/postponed. Management by law have every right to cancel your annual leave however they have to give you the same anount as the booked leave.

1 week leave = 1 week notice (yeah I know it’s done in days/hours now but you get my point).
2 weeks leave = 2 weeks notice.

Just play the game.

26 Apr 2020, 23:08

HTPostman wrote:Re: annual leave being cancelled/postponed. Management by law have every right to cancel your annual leave however they have to give you the same anount as the booked leave.

1 week leave = 1 week notice (yeah I know it’s done in days/hours now but you get my point).
2 weeks leave = 2 weeks notice.

Just play the game.

So even if you have a holiday booked your manager can say no staff shortage your not going on holiday no effing chance an tats being polite.

27 Apr 2020, 06:56

Our solo van duties are seeing a few extra parcels but are facing few other problems.

Our van shares are obviously just with the driver, while the walker has to walk or bus out to the start point - and then do the same thing to get back. Driver has to take extra stuff to cover the stuff the walker doesn't have the time to do.

The workload has gone up for everyone but the way it is being handled is not remotely fair between solo and shared duties. And all this was arranged/organised by the union rep.

Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??fdice

27 Apr 2020, 22:44

No bus service atm so I walk to work, due to no van sharing I use a trolley so I walk to the start of the delivery. On a normal shared delivery there are 6 bags each, last week after the walk hadn't been attempted on my day off I had 11 bags to myself. I DO have the oversized trackeds taken off me but when I put out non tracked oversized or non tracked multiples for one address they end up unattempted and back on my frame next morning. Had an entire bag of parcels for one address today, they weren't in so had to take them back off the doorstep and repack the bag and trolley it back at the end of the walk. The other walk of the pair has ALL THE TRACKED big and small,taken off them as the colleague can't manage the whole walk as they're playing catch up after several days of the walk being left in. Had a lovely long bank holiday weekend off but the walk stayed in unattempted until I got back, had to leave some in the frame due to the amount so some folk didn't get a delivery for nearly a week. Walk back to office then walk home, no buses again. No overtime allowed for overrunning deliveries so always back in time.
At least it's not been raining lately.

28 Apr 2020, 08:29

We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!

28 Apr 2020, 13:29

GRS wrote:We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!

This. I'm a part timer who has to wait for a van to come back after finishing a round and the F/T postie goes home. They call me from between 11:45 to 1:30. So a F/T has come in and finished by 11:45 some days and I get stuck with lapsing from walks that don't go out the previous day, not to mention I have to prep the frame and O/S when I get in that eats into my delivery time.

For all the other part timers who are new or who are in the same boat, just work your hours and take your breaks. Don't rush round and cut off if you need to. No one cares about you or your time, so don't stress. Just make sure you do the tracked :thumbup

Also with the increase in packets please remember when prepping to go out, if you've got too many packets for a loop please use a trolley and save yourself stress and damage.

29 Apr 2020, 16:54

Spoke to management they wasn't bothered about what some of the other postie's were getting away with and I thought as much. So was told to leave a few loops but get all the packets delivered. This is ok but the following day means I sometimes get twice as much post to deliver on the loops that got left in the frame. If no one wants the overtime,though there are a few takers

So because of the packet explosion I'm now delivering 4 loops and large packets.

29 Apr 2020, 18:32

lol.

Drivers - every single second worked.

Passengers -START on street regardless of contracted hours, do delivery and go home.

All under the guise of social distancing.

I can't even be bothered with it anymore. Now the guys starting in street will have Mon-Fri jobs and on full pay for 60-80% of hours worked.
I'll lose my current rotation for a 1 in 6.

29 Apr 2020, 19:11

i wish i could say the public will on our side if any IA was taken, today was full of support for us but come tomorrow we are just chip shop paper
all they will want is their garden ornaments and mobile phone cases asap and bombard twitter on how crap we are
can only think a work to rule if allowed would leave RM with some kind of headache and at least the public will still see us out and about

29 Apr 2020, 20:03

themailman wrote:lol.

Drivers - every single second worked.

Passengers -START on street regardless of contracted hours, do delivery and go home.

All under the guise of social distancing.

I can't even be bothered with it anymore. Now the guys starting in street will have Mon-Fri jobs and on full pay for 60-80% of hours worked.
I'll lose my current rotation for a 1 in 6.

Do what we do give the walker extra loop/s so you can finish the packets and finish at roughly the same time.(NOT eligable on saturdays from now) :cry

29 Apr 2020, 20:04

No they aren't fair. Mind you they weren't fair before all this kicked off.

There are people at our place going home long before their time. I'm talking 2 hours here. Those with HCT routes that don't take oversize. Now with the reduction in letters they still won't take any medium size stuff off their driver. They are going out with half a trolley then heading off home early. There are pouch boxes along their walk for them to have bags dropped into but they won't use them to help the driver out. It's all me, me, me.

I sound bitter and I'm not even their driver :chuckle Just want as fair a workload for all as I can get.

29 Apr 2020, 20:06

Jamesfr3man wrote:
GRS wrote:We’ve got a mad situation where F/T working in the morning don’t have lapsing and (some) are going home after FOUR hours of work and yet P/T who work the afternoon (staggered start times in DO) are given lapsing and work 6 hours a day. So come the end of the week the P/T has worked as many if not more hours than F/T and yet take home less pay!!!

This. I'm a part timer who has to wait for a van to come back after finishing a round and the F/T postie goes home. They call me from between 11:45 to 1:30. So a F/T has come in and finished by 11:45 some days and I get stuck with lapsing from walks that don't go out the previous day, not to mention I have to prep the frame and O/S when I get in that eats into my delivery time.

For all the other part timers who are new or who are in the same boat, just work your hours and take your breaks. Don't rush round and cut off if you need to. No one cares about you or your time, so don't stress. Just make sure you do the tracked :thumbup

Also with the increase in packets please remember when prepping to go out, if you've got too many packets for a loop please use a trolley and save yourself stress and damage.

Same here. Only there are 6 of us part timers coming in at 1pm, so we are all competing for any van that comes back and then if it’s a busy day and the early workers are a bit later back we start having to battle collections staff for free vans that return. Seniority is alive and well when it comes to being given a van.

It doesn’t bother me, I asked to work later and it works well for me. And I don’t care if I have to sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van to a collections driver who’s just arrived 5mins ago just cos he’s his mate even though I let him know an hour previously I’d like the next van. It’s just mad when you have 600 calls to make having to compete with a collections driver for a van, and the longer you’re sat around the less Mail/packets you can deliver in your 5 or so hours. My record was still waiting at 3pm for a van, by the time I got out I managed 4 bags then returned. Dreadful planning by management.

On the other hand, when you get back to the depot at 6pm there’s no managers around and anyway hardly any frames are clear so it’s easy to just pop back any bags you didn’t have time to do back into the frame.

29 Apr 2020, 20:19

kookoo32 wrote:No they aren't fair. Mind you they weren't fair before all this kicked off.

There are people at our place going home long before their time. I'm talking 2 hours here. Those with HCT routes that don't take oversize. Now with the reduction in letters they still won't take any medium size stuff off their driver. They are going out with half a trolley then heading off home early. There are pouch boxes along their walk for them to have bags dropped into but they won't use them to help the driver out. It's all me, me, me.

I sound bitter and I'm not even their driver :chuckle Just want as fair a workload for all as I can get.

The other day I started work at 11.30, and at 11.15am two HCT guys were leisurely strolling back through the yard. Unbelievable.

29 Apr 2020, 20:42

Everything depends on the office they are all different.....at ours the senior boys have cushi numbers 2:5 hour walks the drivers start at 6 finish at 10:30 to 12:30 and some drivers do two duties each day by 12:30 so are paid 14:5 hours a day for 6 hours work £50k a year double bubble + each hour hello!! So then we come to the part time kids that work every second of there hours a week then get thrown around the office and then given the largest non senior lapsing after doing all the shite walks. So some senior postmen and especially the drivers are getting paid full-time wages sometimes double this for doing the same hours as part time staff....not fair frankly a joke and causes a lot of tension....why are some men getting twice the wage for less hours each week Arse kissing and somewhat senior....so for part timers they are working in a different company already!

29 Apr 2020, 20:52

andyman606 wrote:Everything depends on the office they are all different.....at ours the senior boys have cushi numbers 2:5 hour walks the drivers start at 6 finish at 10:30 to 12:30 and some drivers do two duties each day by 12:30 so are paid 14:5 hours a day for 6 hours work £50k a year double bubble + each hour hello!! So then we come to the part time kids that work every second of there hours a week then get thrown around the office and then given the largest non senior lapsing after doing all the shite walks. So some senior postmen and especially the drivers are getting paid full-time wages sometimes double this for doing the same hours as part time staff....not fair frankly a joke and causes a lot of tension....why are some men getting twice the wage for less hours each week Arse kissing and somewhat senior....so for part timers they are working in a different company already!

It’s absurg, it really is. At Christmas I’m usually doing more hours than a full timer but get paid less hours in my bonus. But that’s for another topic.

Most PT in my office are now doing 1pm till 6pm. They get to their yorks of oversized packets when they come in and find down at the bottom or pushed through the bars at the side tracked parcels for other walks. I’ve heard allegations of at least 2 morning staff being seen getting rid of packets on their own walk by doing that. And because the PT is doing the last wave of work that day he has to take them or the tracked are failed, which no manager wants. We are all in it together though....

If Rico is going to ramroad his way through the business I at least hope he makes it so you work the hours you’re paid for.

29 Apr 2020, 20:56

HTPostman wrote:
Jamesfr3man wrote:

Same here. Only there are 6 of us part timers coming in at 1pm, so we are all competing for any van that comes back and then if it’s a busy day and the early workers are a bit later back we start having to battle collections staff for free vans that return. Seniority is alive and well when it comes to being given a van.

It doesn’t bother me, I asked to work later and it works well for me. And I don’t care if I have to sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van to a collections driver who’s just arrived 5mins ago just cos he’s his mate even though I let him know an hour previously I’d like the next van. It’s just mad when you have 600 calls to make having to compete with a collections driver for a van, and the longer you’re sat around the less Mail/packets you can deliver in your 5 or so hours. My record was still waiting at 3pm for a van, by the time I got out I managed 4 bags then returned. Dreadful planning by management.

On the other hand, when you get back to the depot at 6pm there’s no managers around and anyway hardly any frames are clear so it’s easy to just pop back any bags you didn’t have time to do back into the frame.

Terrible management if you have to use seniority in order to get a van. This is basic stuff, not rocket science :roll: When you said you have to "sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van" I hope you put this hour towards your total working hours? If there is no van for you when you arrive for work then its their problem not yours. Always work your hours and take your breaks! :thumbup All RM do is take the pi**

29 Apr 2020, 21:05

Jamesfr3man wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
Jamesfr3man wrote:

Terrible management if you have to use seniority in order to get a van. This is basic stuff, not rocket science :roll: When you said you have to "sit on the frame for an hour because the idiot in the locker has given the first free van" I hope you put this hour towards your total working hours? If there is no van for you when you arrive for work then its their problem not yours. Always work your hours and take your breaks! :thumbup All RM do is take the pi**

Oh of course, I work my hours (unless I’m allowed OT in which case I make sure I get paid every minute), take my breaks, don’t use my car.

I said to the locker idiot that time I don’t mind sitting here for the full 5 hours waiting then I’ll go home, doesn’t bother me, like you say not my problem.

I’ve seen more experienced postmen push in front of new starters in the queue for the specials. Borderline bullying. I’m not exactly a huge fan of management but there’s a huge chunk of the workforce here who’ll do anything to climb above you and save themselves a few minutes.

29 Apr 2020, 21:52

Today on my rural of 350 calls I shifted 5 yorkies worth of parcels. This included 1 york worth of specials all from amazon. I had 36 registers from the locker today

29 Apr 2020, 21:54

Munchboii wrote:Today on my rural of 350 calls I shifted 5 yorkies worth of parcels. This included 1 york worth of specials all from amazon. I had 36 registers from the locker today

How much lapsing you do

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3