not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 20:58

mags999 wrote:yes much safer in your own vehicle and would never carry larger packets only mail and small pkts and only till things get back to normall or near enough :neutral:

Just to clarify, you are still not allowed to transport or store any mail/parcels in your personal vehicle

Oh and things won't be getting back to "normal" for a long while yet.

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 10:26

A2B wrote:
mags999 wrote:yes much safer in your own vehicle and would never carry larger packets only mail and small pkts and only till things get back to normall or near enough :neutral:

Just to clarify, you are still not allowed to transport or store any mail/parcels in your personal vehicle

Oh and things won't be getting back to "normal" for a long while yet.

Correct. There's a huge insurance issue here.

Use your car for getting to first delivery point only and you are only covered third party by RM. You are not covered by your own insurance.
Use your car for carrying your first bag or subsequent bags or packets and you are not covered by either RM or your insurance company. Getting caught with mail in the car could see your car impounded and a six point fine.

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 10:42

Hermes drivers are being followed by thieves and having their cars/vans stolen. Happened twice now in my area once on my delivery and once locally. People are getting desperate out there and it doesn't take much to work out a posties habits when using their car.

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 12:51

cpsteve wrote:
thefox wrote:
Celgar wrote:I raised the question of why Posties are not allowed to share vans at the moment versus other key workers such as the emergency services and dustmen that are allowed to with our DOM. He could see the logic that is makes no sense to stop posties sharing vans as they are only together in the van for a few minutes versus say the police who are in the car together for hours.
He is going to raise this question at the next managers meeting so that could be interesting although I'm not expecting to get a reversal in policy. It is starting to look like the union and/or RM are using this issue to **** up our lives and jobs. It would be nice if the union consulted with the workforce before going ahead with major decisions. They are not God and do not necessarily know what is best for us. Another one of those situations where one party thinks we work for them when they actually work for us!!!

I wont be going in a van with anyone..crazy post

Do you think sitting next to someone can get you the virus?

Yes if they sneeze or cough then yes

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 15:35

thefox wrote:
cpsteve wrote:
thefox wrote:
Celgar wrote:I raised the question of why Posties are not allowed to share vans at the moment versus other key workers such as the emergency services and dustmen that are allowed to with our DOM. He could see the logic that is makes no sense to stop posties sharing vans as they are only together in the van for a few minutes versus say the police who are in the car together for hours.
He is going to raise this question at the next managers meeting so that could be interesting although I'm not expecting to get a reversal in policy. It is starting to look like the union and/or RM are using this issue to **** up our lives and jobs. It would be nice if the union consulted with the workforce before going ahead with major decisions. They are not God and do not necessarily know what is best for us. Another one of those situations where one party thinks we work for them when they actually work for us!!!

I wont be going in a van with anyone..crazy post

Do you think sitting next to someone can get you the virus?

Yes if they sneeze or cough then yes

Ive never been sneezed or coughed on by a passenger in my car or van, ive been driving for 35 years so maybe im just lucky.

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 15:47

So nobody as ever sneezed or coughed near you in 35 years?

https://youtu.be/MKAHNoni0KI

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 16:16

Ive never been sneezed or coughed on by a passenger in my car or van, ive been driving for 35 years so maybe im just lucky.

It's clearly obvious from your posts that you know nothing about the transmission of viruses in enclosed spaces, contact transmission or what actually happens when someone sneezes.

That's fair enough, you're a postman and no one is forcing you to research anything or listen to experts but the Internet is not the place to show your lack of knowledge and there are enough people telling others to do dangerous things without you adding to it.

I just hope that your own ignorance of the facts does not lead to someone's death. That's a hell of a burden to carry around.

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 19:18

Woody Guthrie wrote:

It's clearly obvious from your posts that you know nothing about the transmission of viruses in enclosed spaces, contact transmission or what actually happens when someone sneezes.

That's fair enough, you're a postman and no one is forcing you to research anything or listen to experts but the Internet is not the place to show your lack of knowledge and there are enough people telling others to do dangerous things without you adding to it.

I just hope that your own ignorance of the facts does not lead to someone's death. That's a hell of a burden to carry around.

Is irrelevant that someone is only a postman so won’t have any knowledgeable of things. He’s still a human being and with that comes certain responsibility especially at times likes this.

hidden agenda.

25 Apr 2020, 19:24

One or two idiots like these in every office thats why its a huge concern with them going about with total disregard of anyone else . 20,000 prob more like 30,000 deaths at mo , take care of youreself.

hidden agenda.

26 Apr 2020, 10:15

Woody Guthrie wrote:

I am not ignorant of the facts they are clear if you sit next to someone you do not catch the virus if someone sneezes or coughs you do not catch the virus unless it comes into contact with you its why not touching your face is so important because it can transfer from an object onto your hands then your face. I follow the rules i agree with most of them, i would have made masks on public transport compulsory but i understand that the care workers and NHS have to have them because they are subject to the virus constantly and the demand might put their supply at risk. Just because someone does not agree with a rule it does not mean they dont follow it.

hidden agenda.

26 Apr 2020, 10:43

I am not ignorant of the facts they are clear if you sit next to someone you do not catch the virus

Since you keep saying this I'm going to have to ask you for some evidence that this is true.

The Who guidance states.

The disease spreads primarily from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth, which are expelled when a person with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, or speaks.

These droplets are relatively heavy, do not travel far and quickly sink to the ground. People can catch COVID-19 if they breathe in these droplets from a person infected with the virus. This is why it is important to stay at least 1 metre (3 feet) away from others. These droplets can land on objects and surfaces around the person such as tables, doorknobs and handrails. People can become infected by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. This is why it is important to wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean with alcohol-based hand rub.

Where does it say you can sit 6 inches away from someone in a van?

Previous page Next page

Page 5 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5