not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 23:14

been a postie for over 25 years if there insistant that van sharing is over for the foreseeable why not go down the use your own car route it worked years ago and as someone said van sharing is s**t plus if it keeps you safe that's all that matters at the minute .

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 06:10

The decision to stop van sharing was taken by the business.
It had nothing to do with the union and everything to do with future liability. Has anyone read the LTBs lately, the business isn't paying any attention to the union on even the most trivial things so the idea that the CWU is the driving force behind this major policy change is hilarious.

Unlike the police, emergency services and council workers we are a private company.

Negligent employee exposure to the risks of Coronavirus is likely to be the new asbestosis or PPI for the claims industry.

Why any intelligent person would argue for an increase in that exposure is hard to get your head around. It's about as dumb as you could get.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 09:17

Celgar wrote:I raised the question of why Posties are not allowed to share vans at the moment versus other key workers such as the emergency services and dustmen that are allowed to with our DOM. He could see the logic that is makes no sense to stop posties sharing vans as they are only together in the van for a few minutes versus say the police who are in the car together for hours.
He is going to raise this question at the next managers meeting so that could be interesting although I'm not expecting to get a reversal in policy. It is starting to look like the union and/or RM are using this issue to **** up our lives and jobs. It would be nice if the union consulted with the workforce before going ahead with major decisions. They are not God and do not necessarily know what is best for us. Another one of those situations where one party thinks we work for them when they actually work for us!!!

I wont be going in a van with anyone..crazy post

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 14:23

thefox wrote:
Celgar wrote:I raised the question of why Posties are not allowed to share vans at the moment versus other key workers such as the emergency services and dustmen that are allowed to with our DOM. He could see the logic that is makes no sense to stop posties sharing vans as they are only together in the van for a few minutes versus say the police who are in the car together for hours.
He is going to raise this question at the next managers meeting so that could be interesting although I'm not expecting to get a reversal in policy. It is starting to look like the union and/or RM are using this issue to **** up our lives and jobs. It would be nice if the union consulted with the workforce before going ahead with major decisions. They are not God and do not necessarily know what is best for us. Another one of those situations where one party thinks we work for them when they actually work for us!!!

Do you think sitting next to someone can get you the virus?

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 15:39

cpsteve wrote:
thefox wrote:

Yes they are god as they pay your wages.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 15:41

If they breath on you yes!

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 16:08

cpsteve wrote:
thefox wrote:

You're damned if you open windows and/or turn the air con on or simply swelter in the heat, there's a limited volume of air in a van and they're certainly isn't two metres between the driver and passenger. If one of you has COVID-19 and far from everyone shows symptoms that are obvious to the eye/ear of others, you are vastly increasing the risk of infecting your colleague.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 16:18

If idiots want to van share let them

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 16:44

as long as the business allows me to use my own car that's the route I will be taking no van sharing until a vaccine hits the shelves for me especially if you live with someone who is shielding . these are extreme times never known any thing like it in 30 yrs service :pray

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 17:34

cpsteve wrote:Do you think sitting next to someone can get you the virus?

Do you think that all this social distancing malarkey was for sh***s and giggles?

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 17:56

Woody Guthrie wrote:
cpsteve wrote:Do you think sitting next to someone can get you the virus?

Do you think that all this social distancing malarkey was for sh***s and giggles?

Sitting next to someone is not the same as standing face to face with them i would not want a jogger or bike rider to go past me face to face id be happy to sit next to anyone who is not coughing or sneezing. Social distancing is there to stop crowds of people gathering and making it easy for the virus to jump from one person to another. ps Jogging and bike riding is not banned so why is sitting next to someone. Its all about public perception not health and safety inside our offices is where we have most chance of catching it, as adults its up to us to be careful wash hands do not touch our faces and stay off work if we get symptoms.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 18:06

Sitting next to someone is not the same as standing face to face with them

Sitting in a van is not the same as sitting on a park bench, it's an enclosed space with a warm, dry circulating air system. It is pretty much the ideal environment for the transmission of an airborne virus.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 18:25

Chelseablue wrote:If idiots want to van share let them

No.
Because A passes it to B who passes it to C who passes it to D. D is really vulnerable and dies.
Let's not let idiots go on a mass killing spree.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 18:34

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Sitting next to someone is not the same as standing face to face with them

Sitting in a van is not the same as sitting on a park bench, it's an enclosed space with a warm, dry circulating air system. It is pretty much the ideal environment for the transmission of an airborne virus.

You would think we'd had enough information on how to stop the virus spreading but obviously it hasn't sunk in to some people :crazy: The longer people can't be relied upon to take the very simple steps to prevent spreading the longer this will go on for :arrrghhh

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 18:40

Going back to what I said before having listened to Terry on Facebook I really do believe the union are using the health and safety/social distancing as a way of showing they can influence the company. Royal mail basically won't listen to anything the union say and don't care what they say but when it comes to the health and safety aspect it's hard for them to ignore them probably with the fear of repercussions from the authorities.

The social distancing , safety is the only thing the cwu can have an influence on because anything else they suggest is just ignored and laughed at by Rico and his mates. No doubt some of it is with regard to looking after us but some of it I have no doubt is about causing hassle for Rico and his cronies

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 18:47

daveyeff wrote:they got us in the middle of the floor today. this was their patter....:-GAFFER...RM want us to know they think this 'social distancing' thing is to become permanent. they want the vans to be single use only from now on, so they are looking for 'volunteers'(at first) to opt to change their start times, so a postie will come in first thing and go out on delivery, come back and the next driver will take over the van, and go out and do his, this could be maybe 11 am start for the second driver, so he will be working till 7 at night. all the questions were asked....what about non drivers...their answer is to use all the non drivers to come in early prep duties and deliver only around the immediate locations next to the office. drivers will do the further away deliveries. they were open to any ideas and are looking for volunteers to start later. its openly obvious to anyone with half an ounce of sense that they see this as their golden opportunity to capitalise on the virus situation and bring in the LAT duties. its obvious they haven't got a plan because they are asking us for ideas. not that any of us want to start at dinner time, (well 2 staff said they would) but to use 'social distancing as their excuse is beyond belief. they said its the only safest option!!. one lad said 'so you think this is not going to end?...no more football matches, no more pubs, no race meetings, no holidays abroad?' its one gigantic piss poor excuse to bring in LAT working. the rep said its not going to happen and take it all with a pinch of salt. its their hidden agenda and its Rico taking a chance. they are one desperate bunch this board.

Royal Mail accept that shared van working might not happen for some months. At our depot some postie's are starting at 2pm and finishing at 8pm. It's not for me and I've noticed it's the newer postie's that seem to be railroaded into doing it.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 18:54

Why would anyone want to fill there car with parcels with CV 19 potentially on them and ruin said car with stop and starting all day .
No van no delivery surely .
Your not paid to supply a vehicle

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 19:02

elteleltel wrote:Why would anyone want to fill there car with parcels with CV 19 potentially on them and ruin said car with stop and starting all day .
No van no delivery surely .
Your not paid to supply a vehicle

To be fair that's not what RM are asking for with the use of cars.
They're just looking for people to take their car out to the first delivery point, not that I would until RM starts making the monthly payments on mine.

The other stuff is just stupid doing stupid.

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 19:50

Ah ok my bad ,guess at least your safer .Better than a van share but not ideal .
Cheers

hidden agenda.

24 Apr 2020, 20:35

yes much safer in your own vehicle and would never carry larger packets only mail and small pkts and only till things get back to normall or near enough :neutral:

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5