not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 16:53

clashcityrocker wrote:So on the one hand we have a thread entitled "Single vans to stop" where the OP has been told they are going to revert to van share and on the other we have this thread where RM are apparently introducing something underhand by not ever reverting to van share.
They can't both be right.
I think Davey you are getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. Prematurely.

well i did comment on the thread you are on about, as i said in that, they told us the EXACT opposite. unless of course clash they are 'lying' to us. it HAS been known.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 17:21

they are talking about letting the kids go back to school in May

Who's they?
Nobody with the authority to open schools is talking about opening schools in May.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 17:29

Woody Guthrie wrote:
they are talking about letting the kids go back to school in May

Who's they?
Nobody with the authority to open schools is talking about opening schools in May.

yes. it was on BBC news, last week. Matt Hancock mentioned the lockdown could end after next review on 7th May, which could mean the kids going back to school on the 11th.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 17:45

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52332903

No decision is imminent on re-opening schools in England.

That was the clearest message from Education Secretary Gavin Williamson.

Before even setting a date he said five tests would need to be met. Once that had happened, parents and teachers would need "proper notice" before re-opening schools.

None of that sounded like any change in the next few weeks.

Teachers' unions have described social distancing in school as "impossible" - and head teachers have described pressure for an early return as "irresponsible".

Mr Williamson's strong notes of caution suggest any return this half-term is unlikely - which would mean attention might shift to the second half of the term - so not before 1 June at the earliest.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 17:49

i'm not arguing about it. i know what i heard. it was on the BBC news. the press put it up straight away. i saw the link you posted a few days later. they say one thing, then deny it the next. but Hancock definitely said it was to be looked at after next review 7th May. in that report you posted, it even says 'it follows reports that schools could re-open 11th May''
Last edited by daveyeff on 23 Apr 2020, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 17:49

A2B wrote:
themailman wrote:
A2B wrote:I seriously doubt RM are looking to push through plans at the moment in fact i think they are more worried about everything falling around their ears like a lot of other companies.

So worried that the 2 top bosses are not on the ground overseeing things or even in the country for that matter.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 17:59

daveyeff wrote:i'm not arguing about it. i know what i heard. it was on the BBC news. the press put it up straight away. i saw the link you posted a few days later. they say one thing, then deny it the next. but Hancock definitely said it was to be looked at after next review 7th May.

You can't open schools under these circumstances on 4 days notice.
Social distancing rules make a return to school a major logistical nightmare.
You can't have 30+ pupils in a class 2 metres apart so any return to school will be a gradual thing and the majority won't go back until September. They'll start with the older kids and work backwards.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 18:02

Woody Guthrie wrote:
daveyeff wrote:i'm not arguing about it. i know what i heard. it was on the BBC news. the press put it up straight away. i saw the link you posted a few days later. they say one thing, then deny it the next. but Hancock definitely said it was to be looked at after next review 7th May.

You can't open schools under these circumstances on 4 days notice.
Social distancing rules make a return to school a major logistical nightmare.
You can't have 30+ pupils in a class 2 metres apart so any return to school will be a gradual thing and the majority won't go back until September. They'll start with the older kids and work backwards.

as i said im not arguing about it. its what was said. even in the report you posted it says ''following reports'' that schools could re-open 11th May.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 18:07

before this is all over there will be businesses unable to recover from this. what the eventual unemployment figures will be is anyones guess.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 20:28

We had this same sort of talk today but for us it seemed like it was the cwu pushing it(area rep briefed us) with managers stood looking gutted nearby. All the plans they want to start next week will result in an office that is currently clearing everyday with no one off sick more than likely failing multiple walks everyday. When we voiced this opinion the area rep basically said that the price royal mail have to pay to keep us safe and if we have to leave a full duty out of a pair between us so be it.

It came across like the union are sick of being ignored and unable to call a strike so they will use the social distancing as a way to cause havoc and create problems as if we was on strike all the time saying it's to keep us safe. He ended with famous line if "you've got a start and a finish time doesn't matter how much you get done"

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 20:45

So now it's a CWU agenda?

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 21:01

So no one's going back to van share.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 21:02

A2B wrote:So now it's a CWU agenda?

From what we was told, yes

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 21:11

The plot thickens.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 21:11

daveyeff wrote:So no one's going back to van share.

Obviously not while health & safety is paramount for the foreseeable

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 21:25

citypostie wrote:We had this same sort of talk today but for us it seemed like it was the cwu pushing it(area rep briefed us) with managers stood looking gutted nearby. All the plans they want to start next week will result in an office that is currently clearing everyday with no one off sick more than likely failing multiple walks everyday. When we voiced this opinion the area rep basically said that the price royal mail have to pay to keep us safe and if we have to leave a full duty out of a pair between us so be it.

It came across like the union are sick of being ignored and unable to call a strike so they will use the social distancing as a way to cause havoc and create problems as if we was on strike all the time saying it's to keep us safe. He ended with famous line if "you've got a start and a finish time doesn't matter how much you get done"

This is the constant issue with this stuff, it's a cross between what Royal Mail and The CWU *want* to do mixed with rumours.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 21:38

I really hope we won`t get in their shoes: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 40&t=95625

At least Cwu supports us the best they can.

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 22:13

Janet Brum wrote:I really hope we won`t get in their shoes: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 40&t=95625

At least Cwu supports us the best they can.

Really??

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 22:34

I raised the question of why Posties are not allowed to share vans at the moment versus other key workers such as the emergency services and dustmen that are allowed to with our DOM. He could see the logic that is makes no sense to stop posties sharing vans as they are only together in the van for a few minutes versus say the police who are in the car together for hours.
He is going to raise this question at the next managers meeting so that could be interesting although I'm not expecting to get a reversal in policy. It is starting to look like the union and/or RM are using this issue to **** up our lives and jobs. It would be nice if the union consulted with the workforce before going ahead with major decisions. They are not God and do not necessarily know what is best for us. Another one of those situations where one party thinks we work for them when they actually work for us!!!

hidden agenda.

23 Apr 2020, 22:45

Celgar wrote:I raised the question of why Posties are not allowed to share vans at the moment versus other key workers such as the emergency services and dustmen that are allowed to with our DOM. He could see the logic that is makes no sense to stop posties sharing vans as they are only together in the van for a few minutes versus say the police who are in the car together for hours.
He is going to raise this question at the next managers meeting so that could be interesting although I'm not expecting to get a reversal in policy. It is starting to look like the union and/or RM are using this issue to **** up our lives and jobs. It would be nice if the union consulted with the workforce before going ahead with major decisions. They are not God and do not necessarily know what is best for us. Another one of those situations where one party thinks we work for them when they actually work for us!!!

Words fail me :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5