not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 15:48

they got us in the middle of the floor today. this was their patter....:-GAFFER...RM want us to know they think this 'social distancing' thing is to become permanent. they want the vans to be single use only from now on, so they are looking for 'volunteers'(at first) to opt to change their start times, so a postie will come in first thing and go out on delivery, come back and the next driver will take over the van, and go out and do his, this could be maybe 11 am start for the second driver, so he will be working till 7 at night. all the questions were asked....what about non drivers...their answer is to use all the non drivers to come in early prep duties and deliver only around the immediate locations next to the office. drivers will do the further away deliveries. they were open to any ideas and are looking for volunteers to start later. its openly obvious to anyone with half an ounce of sense that they see this as their golden opportunity to capitalise on the virus situation and bring in the LAT duties. its obvious they haven't got a plan because they are asking us for ideas. not that any of us want to start at dinner time, (well 2 staff said they would) but to use 'social distancing as their excuse is beyond belief. they said its the only safest option!!. one lad said 'so you think this is not going to end?...no more football matches, no more pubs, no race meetings, no holidays abroad?' its one gigantic piss poor excuse to bring in LAT working. the rep said its not going to happen and take it all with a pinch of salt. its their hidden agenda and its Rico taking a chance. they are one desperate bunch this board.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 16:14

The whole thing plays into Rico's hands. Whole system struggling with parcels, so we have to change/modernise to keep up with demand.

I wouldn't mind the change of hours to be honest.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 16:19

yeah, obviously some people will be quite happy with later start and finish times. but also a lot of people are not. to use this situation to bring in their changes though is thoroughly underhanded and deceitful.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 16:37

It's a model best suited to a predominantly part-time workforce so be careful what you wish for.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 16:58

I thought it was going to be some meaty conspiracy.....

I'm kind of surprised you've posted this davey, as I know you're active on the forum and would have assumed you'd be aware that a lot of offices have been using this model for the past few weeks. I'm even more surprised that these changes are just now coming in. You mean you guys have still been van sharing up till now?

If they were looking for ideas why didn't you suggest the 3 day week that some other offices are using at the moment. I imagine these may be quieter offices though.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:00

So in the winter months the late guys could potentially be working 3-4 hours after dark trying to complete a delivery? :no no

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:03

no ssdd we've been single use in the vans for a few weeks, but they've just dropped this one today, saying its going to be a permanent issue. so its a big thing, especially for non drivers. they are using it to further their agenda.
Last edited by daveyeff on 22 Apr 2020, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:05

they are literally saying we are not going back to doubling up in the vans.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:08

Woody Guthrie wrote:It's a model best suited to a predominantly part-time workforce so be careful what you wish for.

non of us are wishing for it woody, its THEIR plan. and they are using this virus shite as an excuse to draft it in.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:17

scoobydo79 wrote:So in the winter months the late guys could potentially be working 3-4 hours after dark trying to complete a delivery? :no no

Exactly. We can't be delivering post in the pitch black. Utter madness. I've done deliveries in the dark before (not for RM) - you will need to carry a torch with you. You will be slower as you will have to be careful. Health and safety nightmare.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:20

Thats why RM was so quick to obe person rule in van.Do think at current time its right.Bin men,police,ambulance,taxis can still share.The goverment website,says if needed to share u can, as long as correct measures r being followed.So for RM to agree onky one they must b uptoo. Its ok the cwu will have meeting about and get back to us!!!!!!!

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:22

daveyeff wrote:they are literally saying we are not going back to doubling up in the vans.

How many fools have signed up to use their own cars :arrrghhh

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:25

but what about people who don't/can't drive.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 17:29

they also mentioned they are getting rid of half the fleet, as its not cost effective. costs x amount of thousands of pounds to fuel and maintain and keep on the road each year. :roll:

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 18:08

Wots the offical polucy on using iwn car.Wot do u mean people have signed up to use there car

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 18:29

The goverment adviser has said that social distancing is in for the long term (into 2021), RM have got to put something safe and workable in place for vans.

Vansharing should not be considered until the all clear is given. How they do this isn't going to please the majority but i certainly don't think it's a "hidden agenda"

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 18:36

2021? so no football, no pubs, no race meetings, no holidays abroad till 2021. and no van sharing.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 19:04

Looking that way! No vaccine at present and if/when there is one it will need months of testing, only then will it be safe to ease social distancing.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 19:06

Must admit I’m torn. Obviously I realise Royal mails plan is crap and will cost jobs and increase workload and all the rest of it. But at the same time I absolutely hate shared van so would much rather work on my own again.

hidden agenda.

22 Apr 2020, 19:58

Seems odd that only Davey's office has received this brainstorming meeting and no one else has heard a peep. It does indeed sound like the LAT model but on a wider scale.
I have noticed others such as dustmen, ambulance staff, firemen, police, just eat delivery cars etc all have two or more people in them. Why can't Posties be allowed to carry on sharing vans as they only together in the vans for very short periods of time when they travel to their next loops ??? These other vehicles have multiple people in them for most of their duty spans. Why have we been picked on in this respect but others can carry on doing their jobs ???

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5