not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Exausted

21 Apr 2020, 20:05

I doubt the lockdown at the current level will last for the rest of the year, but certain measures certainly will do. It may be eased but I don't think 'normal' will be returning anytime soon and I'm just writing 2020 off frankly.

Exausted

22 Apr 2020, 13:47

Apart from the parcel increase our office has been brilliant. Staggered starts (6am and 10am), IPS and delivery frames moved to 2m apart, certain toilets cubicles shut off so no two are open next to each other, hand sanitiser given out and gloves available. It sounds like our office is one of the better run units. Considering there’s 250 in the building and it’s only a DO!!
I’m in working at 6am and finishing between 12.30/1.30.
My only gripe is D2D’s!!

Exausted

22 Apr 2020, 20:58

dazer0070 wrote:Apart from the parcel increase our office has been brilliant. Staggered starts (6am and 10am), IPS and delivery frames moved to 2m apart, certain toilets cubicles shut off so no two are open next to each other, hand sanitiser given out and gloves available. It sounds like our office is one of the better run units. Considering there’s 250 in the building and it’s only a DO!!
My only gripe is D2D’s!!

It's all very well for those posties that get to continue to work at their current duty times but not so fine for the unfortunate souls that get to start work at 8am, 10am, or even later. The main plus point of being a postie has always been the opportunity to finish work in the early part of the afternoon and have the rest of the day to use for whatever you want or need to do. Rumours and hints of where Rico et al wish to take the business are starting to take form and it looks very ugly indeed.
Sounds like the earlier shift would do all the sorting, prep, throwing up D2Ds, redirections. The later shift would just do delivery. Just doing delivery, which is what is happening in DOs under virus conditions at the moment is really exhausting for anyone not in their twenties and would destroy 'older' posties in a relatively short period of time.
What RM are half suggesting they are interested in deploying, or continuing with current methods of virus avoidance, is not physically possible to continue with in the medium to long term.

Exausted

22 Apr 2020, 21:03

Celgar wrote:The later shift would just do delivery. Just doing delivery, which is what is happening in DOs under virus conditions at the moment is really exhausting for anyone not in their twenties

Does this rumour have any substance? Posties will be dead doing 2 rounds a day.

Exausted

22 Apr 2020, 21:08

Celgar wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:Apart from the parcel increase our office has been brilliant. Staggered starts (6am and 10am), IPS and delivery frames moved to 2m apart, certain toilets cubicles shut off so no two are open next to each other, hand sanitiser given out and gloves available. It sounds like our office is one of the better run units. Considering there’s 250 in the building and it’s only a DO!!
My only gripe is D2D’s!!

It's all very well for those posties that get to continue to work at their current duty times but not so fine for the unfortunate souls that get to start work at 8am, 10am, or even later. The main plus point of being a postie has always been the opportunity to finish work in the early part of the afternoon and have the rest of the day to use for whatever you want or need to do. Rumours and hints of where Rico et al wish to take the business are starting to take form and it looks very ugly indeed.
Sounds like the earlier shift would do all the sorting, prep, throwing up D2Ds, redirections. The later shift would just do delivery. Just doing delivery, which is what is happening in DOs under virus conditions at the moment is really exhausting for anyone not in their twenties and would destroy 'older' posties in a relatively short period of time.
What RM are half suggesting they are interested in deploying, or continuing with current methods of virus avoidance, is not physically possible to continue with in the medium to long term.

My regular (full time) start time is 8am!

Exausted

22 Apr 2020, 21:15

norris9 wrote:
Celgar wrote:The later shift would just do delivery. Just doing delivery, which is what is happening in DOs under virus conditions at the moment is really exhausting for anyone not in their twenties

The way they look at it you're only hitting about 60-70% of the doors you were hitting 10 years ago when the bulk of these van share duties were put in place, if they also take away the large parcels and tracked two duties is really only one slightly larger duty.

It's a simplification but that's basically the mindset of senior management.

Exausted

22 Apr 2020, 21:35

I don't care what type of bridge they're proposing...... I'll jump off it WHEN I get to it :shock:

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the latest rumours about what Baron Rico's got planned. :cuppa

Exausted

22 Apr 2020, 22:40

norris9 wrote:

Under the current virus conditions in our DO some posties are just doing delivery. It is already knackering us up. It is not a rumour. It is not going to be possible to continue to do this until say September or this time next year. Posties are literally going to break mentally & physically. Regarding the lockdown my feelings are that it will not be possible to continue beyond another month of the current structure. I sense the government will go the route of everyone wearing masks when they leave the house. The alternative is that many businesses will go bust and how we live/d will never be the same again. I realise it's only money but we really are not far from breaking point.

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 15:38

I have found I have more energy since I started taking Domestos via an intravenous drip. :crazy:

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 16:19

clashcityrocker wrote:I have found I have more energy since I started taking Domestos via an intravenous drip. :crazy:

Played your TRUMP card there Clash :thumbup

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 17:56

clashcityrocker wrote:I have found I have more energy since I started taking Domestos via an intravenous drip. :crazy:

Tough day so just enjoying a nice cold pint of Flash Multipurpose :thumbup

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 18:32

If you inject a friend with disenfactment will you be charged with a bleach of the peace or domestos violence

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 18:34

aiden01 wrote:If you inject a friend with disenfactment will you be charged with a bleach of the peace or domestos violence

Is disenfactment a technical term for a Donald Trump press briefing?

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 18:38

Woody Guthrie wrote:
aiden01 wrote:If you inject a friend with disenfactment will you be charged with a bleach of the peace or domestos violence

Is disenfactment a technical term for a Donald Trump press briefing?

Lol disinfectant

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 21:09

Yep, it definitely works. I'm on the cleaning liquid intravenous drip too. Works perfectly. :Very Happy

D.jpg

But seriously, some morons took Trump's batsh*t crazy message to heart. Here's a tweet yesterday from the Maryland Emergency Management Agency:

M.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Exausted

25 Apr 2020, 21:52

"any other route"?

"Oh, yeah, for all the good they've done me, I might as well have stuck them up my arse!"

Exausted

26 Apr 2020, 10:19

Dont think it going to get any better for long time.Our office just firefitting everyday, no structure and lack if communicstion from RM and CWU reps.Told my boss i felt wiped out as most of the staff do.His Rico reply... Make sure u take your break.!!!!. Tossers

Exausted

26 Apr 2020, 13:36

:chuckle

Exausted

26 Apr 2020, 19:43

wazer wrote:Told my boss i felt wiped out as most of the staff do.His Rico reply... Make sure u take your break.!!!!. Tossers

He has a point though.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2