not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Company Profits

19 Apr 2020, 20:11

wacko74 wrote:Almost impossible to say really, given that RM have always used a supposed lack of profits as a stick to beat the workforce with.

They've also been historically very good at cooking the books to 'hide' profits (anyone recall the year we were due to receive our ''Colleague Shares'' payout, only for the company to make the announcement that they had unexpectedly not made a profit that year, rendering our colleague shares worthless, only for the profits to miraculously return back to normal levels the following year)

Even prior to the CV crisis the company were claiming profits would be hit as they were supposedly investing £1.8 BILLION in Rico's grand plan.. a staggering figure which bears no relation at all to the outlines of the plan.

Even now they're claiming the increase in pkt volumes is actually COSTING the company money due to the high cost of them requiring manual processing and sorting.. all more propaganda to justify the new automated parcel hub proposals.

Only 3 weeks ago RM was stating:

Our financial position

The Group's current liquidity position is strong, with good levels of cash and limited financial debt. Currently the Group has in excess of £800 million in cash plus a £925 million Revolving Credit Facility.

from: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 46#p889746

With the current parcels volume, even if letters and door to doors are a bit down RM is still making a good profit, even Amazon is dumping their parcels on us, I`m delivering at least 20 of theirs per day from 2-3 before the lockdown.

Of course Rm / Rico will play the poor card soon, especially that we are due a pay rise and CWU asked for a bonus to be paid...

Company Profits

19 Apr 2020, 20:59

It's busier than Xmas round our way. Saturday before last we had twenty seven York's of mail & parcels waiting for us when the first guys arrived. A usual Saturday would be numbers of York's probably in single figures (we are a small DO.).
Our DOM has a photo of over a thousand York's of mail at HCN recently.
If Rico can't make a profit from this situation he really does need to be taken to vets and put down.

Company Profits

19 Apr 2020, 21:08

Celgar wrote:Our DOM has a photo of over a thousand York's of mail at HCN recently.

Even a large MC like HCN, with over 1k of yorks of mail, they're probably literally out of storage space. I'd imagine that they're sending as much as they can off to the DOs. Are they getting diversions from other offices or diverting stuff themselves?

Company Profits

19 Apr 2020, 21:15

This come up in my Facebook feed, no idea if it's an RDC or one of the larger MCs:

Company Profits

20 Apr 2020, 19:26

Fuel prices crashing.....another reason for RM profits to increase.

Company Profits

20 Apr 2020, 23:09

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Celgar wrote:Our DOM has a photo of over a thousand York's of mail at HCN recently.

Even a large MC like HCN, with over 1k of yorks of mail, they're probably literally out of storage space. I'd imagine that they're sending as much as they can off to the DOs. Are they getting diversions from other offices or diverting stuff themselves?

Yep that's HCN I was there yesterday and it was like digging dry sand on the beach the minute you take 1 or 90 yorks you turn around and the gap you have made had instantly disappeared with more yorks :arrrghhh if royal mail isn't making money out of this with the amount of yorks I'm seeing in different mail centres and RDC's then we will never make money and the last one out needs to switch the lights off :wave

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 17:35

Even amazons givin there staff 10 % extra on there wage through this.

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 18:34

Chelseablue wrote:Even amazons givin there staff 10 % extra on there wage through this.

With the amount of Posties leaving early most days at my depot.....they are basically getting a bonus that way.

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 18:43

It’s not the amount of York’s that generates profits it’s what is in them. Eg 1 York of trays may have 10000 letters in them let’s say each letter is worth 10 pence to the company, the next York may have 4 large packets in it which earn the company £3 each. Do the maths. Just because there are ten times as many York’s in an office it does not mean ten times the money earned

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 18:55

At norris- But most arent ,,

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 18:56

Sorry amazons staff getting £2 an hour extra and they deserve it

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 20:00

The supermarkets have briefed that despite the growth in sales, costs have also risen to the processing, covering sick leave ect ect. I'd assume we'll be the same. We're clearing every day currently but the overtime bill from IPS, delivery and rest day working must be eye watering. There's people doing two walks a day in some cases. We were due to lose money this year; I very much doubt that'll change and it'll almost certainly be worse.

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 20:02

Parcels are really up. I would guess at least 30%+. Letters seem down but as other have said charities are really cashing in as well as gardening companies.

Another thing to consider is lapsing of duties due to sickness or rest days. This is another freebie for RM when you get lumbered with 2 days of mail for less than one hours OT as most was prepped.

As others have said RM will cook the books and act the same as other businesses which have not been allowed to operate and claim poverty ust at the time that our pay review is up. In 6-9 months time when bonuses are paid to directors suddenly money will be found.

Lets hope iam wrong.

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 20:14

Overtime thought that was stopped everywhere just now . Both our offices dont allow ot at all just now , so walks fail etc

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 20:17

The month by month increases are up in my area and the tracked has gone up by over 40% compared to past years march. But the parcelforce is down by a small margin

The letters are down supposedly but I never believe this figure I strongly believe this is faked on the spot

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 21:39

Chelseablue wrote:Overtime thought that was stopped everywhere just now . Both our offices dont allow ot at all just now , so walks fail etc

Not in my office, plenty OT and everybody is working their days off.

Company Profits

21 Apr 2020, 23:23

Janet Brum wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Overtime thought that was stopped everywhere just now . Both our offices dont allow ot at all just now , so walks fail etc

Not in my office, plenty OT and everybody is working their days off.

Ditto.

Company Profits

22 Apr 2020, 06:31

SpacePhoenix wrote:
cpsteve wrote:
norris9 wrote:
Munchboii wrote:
bucks123 wrote:- drop in mail volumes

It doesn't feel like it! The last week I must have had a nearly 90% call rate on my letters and going to the other 10% with packets and parcels !! Been finishing 30-60 minutes over my time everyday.

If Royal Mail turn around and tell me the mail is down I wont believe it

Same. Mail doesn't seem to be down at all and packets are up 6x.

x6 lol no chance

What type of area does your DO cover? Town, rural or a mix of both?

My walk is a town walk. Multi million pound houses. Rich people at home that can buy anything they want on a daily basis.

Company Profits

22 Apr 2020, 06:47

Janet Brum wrote:Of course Rm / Rico will play the poor card soon, especially that we are due a pay rise and CWU asked for a bonus to be paid...

Is there a deadline for coming to an agreement on the pay rise?

Company Profits

23 Apr 2020, 21:40

wacko74 wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Also invested £15 million in ppe remember!

Yes it would be interesting to calculate just how much that works out at per each DO and MC?

£107 per employee. Roughly. That's some expensive mini hand sanitizer!

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3