not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



The union, your supporter , i assume have not fed this to there members...(What are we paying for)

13 Apr 2020, 15:17

Dorset Plodder wrote:
bergos wrote:
If you are unsafe at work and choose to continue on for the sake of the money rather than your safety but then bemoan the union for non action then thats the kind of person that is eroding the power that the union has, If people arn't willing to work in the interest of everyone, Royal mail isn't going to change the situation because they know they can continue to get away with it.


I feel a lot of people aren't willing to take responsibility for their own decisions. If you personally feel unsafe at work there are several ways to sort it. If you want to self-isolate at home on Un-paid Leave that's an option open to us all. :hmmmm

I'm sure many people are waiting for someone else to say, "It's not safe here go home and we'll continue to pay you"..... But it's not going to happen. Your DOMs not got the Authority (he'd get sacked by his Boss).... The CWU's not got the Authority (unoffical Industrial Action etc) .... Really ONLY our Employers have the Authority to send everyone home on Furlough (and I expect they'd argue The Government rely on us, and it'd be irresponsible). :hmmmm

It's a case of "Whose going to Blink First". As you say as long as Posties are still coming into work, for whatever reason, Royal Mail's not going to do anything about it, and Posties are going to continue coming into work until someone tells them not to. :cuppa

I agree it boils down to affording to stop off,you might get a mortgage or rent break but theres a multitude of thing to fork out for its just not that straight forward for alot of people.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

13 Apr 2020, 17:15

With this virus going round, would be another good time to say......advertise these parcel boxes as we can put parcels in these boxes without having to knock on people's doors and go through that interaction. Good for both of us. It's a good selling points. 'Avoid interactions with your delivery person / postman with a parcel box, we can install for you within 1 week, buy today!'.

RM can advertise and sell these.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

13 Apr 2020, 18:05

norris9 wrote:With this virus going round, would be another good time to say......advertise these parcel boxes as we can put parcels in these boxes without having to knock on people's doors and go through that interaction. Good for both of us. It's a good selling points. 'Avoid interactions with your delivery person / postman with a parcel box, we can install for you within 1 week, buy today!'.

RM can advertise and sell these.

yeah but we would have to deliver them lol

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

13 Apr 2020, 18:39

No thanks

The union, your supporter , i assume have not fed this to there members...(What are we paying for)

13 Apr 2020, 19:54

Dorset Plodder wrote:
bergos wrote:
If you are unsafe at work and choose to continue on for the sake of the money rather than your safety but then bemoan the union for non action then thats the kind of person that is eroding the power that the union has, If people arn't willing to work in the interest of everyone, Royal mail isn't going to change the situation because they know they can continue to get away with it.


I feel a lot of people aren't willing to take responsibility for their own decisions. If you personally feel unsafe at work there are several ways to sort it. If you want to self-isolate at home on Un-paid Leave that's an option open to us all. :hmmmm

I'm sure many people are waiting for someone else to say, "It's not safe here go home and we'll continue to pay you"..... But it's not going to happen. Your DOMs not got the Authority (he'd get sacked by his Boss).... The CWU's not got the Authority (unoffical Industrial Action etc) .... Really ONLY our Employers have the Authority to send everyone home on Furlough (and I expect they'd argue The Government rely on us, and it'd be irresponsible). :hmmmm




It's a case of "Whose going to Blink First". As you say as long as Posties are still coming into work, for whatever reason, Royal Mail's not going to do anything about it, and Posties are going to continue coming into work until someone tells them not to. :cuppa


Exactly - all people have to do is decide what do they value most. Their health and well being or their weekly wage and then make a decision from there. Things ain’t gonna change anytime soon so it’s either tell the DOM you’re going off unpaid till this is over or take the wage and reign in the constant moaning and get on with the job in hand whilst taking as many precautions to safeguard yourself as you can.

The union, your supporter , i assume have not fed this to there members...(What are we paying for)

13 Apr 2020, 20:59

GRS wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:
bergos wrote:
If you are unsafe at work and choose to continue on for the sake of the money rather than your safety but then bemoan the union for non action then thats the kind of person that is eroding the power that the union has, If people arn't willing to work in the interest of everyone, Royal mail isn't going to change the situation because they know they can continue to get away with it.


I feel a lot of people aren't willing to take responsibility for their own decisions. If you personally feel unsafe at work there are several ways to sort it. If you want to self-isolate at home on Un-paid Leave that's an option open to us all. :hmmmm

I'm sure many people are waiting for someone else to say, "It's not safe here go home and we'll continue to pay you"..... But it's not going to happen. Your DOMs not got the Authority (he'd get sacked by his Boss).... The CWU's not got the Authority (unoffical Industrial Action etc) .... Really ONLY our Employers have the Authority to send everyone home on Furlough (and I expect they'd argue The Government rely on us, and it'd be irresponsible). :hmmmm




It's a case of "Whose going to Blink First". As you say as long as Posties are still coming into work, for whatever reason, Royal Mail's not going to do anything about it, and Posties are going to continue coming into work until someone tells them not to. :cuppa


Exactly - all people have to do is decide what do they value most. Their health and well being or their weekly wage and then make a decision from there. Things ain’t gonna change anytime soon so it’s either tell the DOM you’re going off unpaid till this is over or take the wage and reign in the constant moaning and get on with the job in hand whilst taking as many precautions to safeguard yourself as you can.


It isnt as black and white as you put it

Having no income coming in and making your and your family poor will have an impact on your health and wellbeing too

Its not one or the other

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

13 Apr 2020, 23:09

norris9 wrote:With this virus going round, would be another good time to say......advertise these parcel boxes as we can put parcels in these boxes without having to knock on people's doors and go through that interaction. Good for both of us. It's a good selling points. 'Avoid interactions with your delivery person / postman with a parcel box, we can install for you within 1 week, buy today!'.

RM can advertise and sell these.


Any other time I would agree with you mate, but don't fancy delivering a stack of these on top of the mountain of parcels we already have.

The union, your supporter , i assume have not fed this to there members...(What are we paying for)

14 Apr 2020, 08:13

Acca Dacca wrote:
GRS wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:
bergos wrote:
If you are unsafe at work and choose to continue on for the sake of the money rather than your safety but then bemoan the union for non action then thats the kind of person that is eroding the power that the union has, If people arn't willing to work in the interest of everyone, Royal mail isn't going to change the situation because they know they can continue to get away with it.


I feel a lot of people aren't willing to take responsibility for their own decisions. If you personally feel unsafe at work there are several ways to sort it. If you want to self-isolate at home on Un-paid Leave that's an option open to us all. :hmmmm

I'm sure many people are waiting for someone else to say, "It's not safe here go home and we'll continue to pay you"..... But it's not going to happen. Your DOMs not got the Authority (he'd get sacked by his Boss).... The CWU's not got the Authority (unoffical Industrial Action etc) .... Really ONLY our Employers have the Authority to send everyone home on Furlough (and I expect they'd argue The Government rely on us, and it'd be irresponsible). :hmmmm




It's a case of "Whose going to Blink First". As you say as long as Posties are still coming into work, for whatever reason, Royal Mail's not going to do anything about it, and Posties are going to continue coming into work until someone tells them not to. :cuppa


Exactly - all people have to do is decide what do they value most. Their health and well being or their weekly wage and then make a decision from there. Things ain’t gonna change anytime soon so it’s either tell the DOM you’re going off unpaid till this is over or take the wage and reign in the constant moaning and get on with the job in hand whilst taking as many precautions to safeguard yourself as you can.


It isnt as black and white as you put it

Having no income coming in and making your and your family poor will have an impact on your health and wellbeing too

Its not one or the other


Unfortunately that IS exactly the situation we are in.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

14 Apr 2020, 10:03

hero22 wrote:
norris9 wrote:With this virus going round, would be another good time to say......advertise these parcel boxes as we can put parcels in these boxes without having to knock on people's doors and go through that interaction. Good for both of us. It's a good selling points. 'Avoid interactions with your delivery person / postman with a parcel box, we can install for you within 1 week, buy today!'.

RM can advertise and sell these.


Any other time I would agree with you mate, but don't fancy delivering a stack of these on top of the mountain of parcels we already have.


You wouldn't have to deliver them. They should be delivered and installed by someone.

It's not something that necessarily needs to happen during this virus madness, but it may make the public more keen to have a parcel box to reduce interactions going forward now people know what can happen

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

16 Apr 2020, 12:05

Must agree with comments on going to work.Plenty of wingers in my place, all talk no action.We do have gloves and gel.Office trying to socail distance.Wingers just go off.As soon as i feel unsafe ill b off.

The union, your supporter , i assume have not fed this to there members...(What are we paying for)

16 Apr 2020, 22:06

Pippedbythepost wrote:
Decky Boy wrote:The CWU have consistently informed members that "if you feel your wirkplace is unsafe we will support you".

Misinformation on your part and you've misspelt the word "there"....should read "their" !

The substance of your post is of course correct (and has been law since 1996) That you weren't aware of this is no fault of your Union. If you feel your workplace is unsafe why on earth would you continue to go in everyday and work ??? Stay away...and fight your corner when the time is right ???


One spelling mistake does not discredit my post .


No it doesn't, but the rest of his post does. Again, if you feel unsafe walk out and the union will back you. There's people that have opted to take three months unpaid leave from our office as oppose to working in it.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

17 Apr 2020, 20:30

Gloves, gel & masks in my place. But managers are not stopping clearing down when we're on the sorting. First person out at 8.20 whilst people are still throwing off and I really do feel sorry for some of the P/T's. They are coming in at 9 and having to finish throwing off their walk.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

17 Apr 2020, 21:08

wookie wrote:Gloves, gel & masks in my place. But managers are not stopping clearing down when we're on the sorting. First person out at 8.20 whilst people are still throwing off and I really do feel sorry for some of the P/T's. They are coming in at 9 and having to finish throwing off their walk.


At least they're not going to be barged out of the way as the "Runners" go charging about trying to grab all "Their" IPS and Packets so they can get out of the door early. :no no

We've got a few who have volunteered to come in at 0900 and they say it's a lot more Relaxing than starting earlier, mainly because the majority of the Dickheads have already rushed out of the door by then. :cuppa

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

18 Apr 2020, 00:22

Dorset Plodder wrote:
wookie wrote:Gloves, gel & masks in my place. But managers are not stopping clearing down when we're on the sorting. First person out at 8.20 whilst people are still throwing off and I really do feel sorry for some of the P/T's. They are coming in at 9 and having to finish throwing off their walk.


At least they're not going to be barged out of the way a
s the "Runners" go charging about trying to grab all "Their" IPS and Packets so they can get out of the door early. :no no

We've got a few who have volunteered to come in at 0900 and they say it's a lot more Relaxing than starting earlier, mainly because the majority of the Dickheads have already rushed out of the door by then. :cuppa


At our place, us part timers are coming in at 0900 or after, long after the full timers have come and gone and then we are prepping our whole job FROM SCRATCH, whilst waiting for the full timers to return with their vans (who then go home early, as they haven't had to prep the part-time jobs). At least the absorbing/lapsing (which carries on regardless) has been prepped for us (though no packets "turned for"). No excess overtime is being paid. But at least we miss the chaos and overcrowding in the parcel sort area and around the IPS frames.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

18 Apr 2020, 18:30

goneaway wrote:
At our place, us part timers are coming in at 0900 or after, long after the full timers have come and gone and then we are prepping our whole job FROM SCRATCH, whilst waiting for the full timers to return with their vans (who then go home early, as they haven't had to prep the part-time jobs). At least the absorbing/lapsing (which carries on regardless) has been prepped for us (though no packets "turned for"). No excess overtime is being paid. But at least we miss the chaos and overcrowding in the parcel sort area and around the IPS frames.


Well What a Surprise the Part Timers are getting Shat on again. :no no That deal sounds a bit out of order to me. Surely the staggered start times are all about reducing the ammount of staff in the DO? Were your Duties previously prepped for you? If they were then they should still be being prepped, even if they weren't you'd have thought the DOM would have given you a Head Start (seeing as how you're starting much later). :hmmmm

Is your DO one of those that seems to run by a Cabal of "The Old & Bold"?, doesn't matter how anything's re-organised providing it doesn't effect them. :cuppa
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 18 Apr 2020, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

18 Apr 2020, 18:37

goneaway wrote:
At our place, us part timers are coming in at 0900 or after, long after the full timers have come and gone and then we are prepping our whole job FROM SCRATCH,

That isn't different to how most offices work the rest of the year.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

18 Apr 2020, 21:16

Dorset Plodder wrote:[quote=Well What a Surprise the Part Timers are getting Shat on again. :no no That deal sounds a bit out of order to me. Surely the staggered start times are all about reducing the ammount of staff in the DO? Were your Duties previously prepped for you? If they were then they should still be being prepped, even if they weren't you'd have thought the DOM would have given you a Head Start (seeing as how you're starting much later). :hmmmm

Is your DO one of those that seems to run by a Cabal of "The Old & Bold"?, doesn't matter how anything's re-organised providing it doesn't effect them. :cuppa


The staggered start times are more to do with "one person one van" than reducing numbers in the DO, though that's a lucky by-product (as no extra vans have been hired in). The idea is the full timers skip the prep they would normally do on the part time jobs, so they can get the vans back earlier.

Before all this started, part timers frames were prepped "after a fashion". You'd be lucky to get the early coded tray put in and maybe a bag of packets put up, but not turned for, so the early starters get off to a flier.

The union, i assume have not fed this to there members...(What am i paying for)

19 Apr 2020, 18:30

goneaway wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:Well What a Surprise the Part Timers are getting Shat on again. :no no That deal sounds a bit out of order to me. Surely the staggered start times are all about reducing the ammount of staff in the DO? Were your Duties previously prepped for you? If they were then they should still be being prepped, even if they weren't you'd have thought the DOM would have given you a Head Start (seeing as how you're starting much later). :hmmmm

Is your DO one of those that seems to be run by a Cabal of "The Old & Bold"?, doesn't matter how anything's re-organised providing it doesn't effect them. :cuppa


The staggered start times are more to do with "one person one van" than reducing numbers in the DO, though that's a lucky by-product (as no extra vans have been hired in). The idea is the full timers skip the prep they would normally do on the part time jobs, so they can get the vans back earlier.

Before all this started, part timers frames were prepped "after a fashion". You'd be lucky to get the early coded tray put in and maybe a bag of packets put up, but not turned for, so the early starters get off to a flier.


So as I suggested Goneaway the Part Timers HAVE been shat on again. :no no The Full Timers don't have to do any Prep .... Get out Earlier .... and Get Finished Earlier..... Sounds like a Great Result for them. :thumbup Sounds like a Lose Lose situation for you mate? :thumbdown Sorry you have to work with such a bunch of Inconsiderate Colleagues during this Crisis. :cuppa

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 2   1, 2