not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Key workers

16 Apr 2020, 22:23

Dorset Plodder wrote:
We have to develop new habits that may be a bit slower but involve Social Distancing and Higher Levels of Hygiene, including the regular cleaning of Worksurfaces, PDAs and Vehicle Surfaces (such as Door Handles, Steering Wheels, Gear Levers and Handbrakes). You shouldn't be cutting corners to save time with these sorts of things. :cuppa

One look at the cleanliness of royal mail vans could certainly be food for thought,you know what with empty food wrappers,used bottles,bits of card,reused lazzies and the odd banana skin. Not sure many drivers are wiping their gear sticks put it that way.

Cleaning of work surfaces is even more interesting and Royal Mail could certainly invest in some more cleaners. I seem to remember a Lloyds pharmacy getting a deep clean back in February when a GP tested positive for coronavirus. Now fast forward to April and how many guys have been on sick in your workplace with suspected symptoms and ask yourself if your depot has been given a deep clean to the same scale.

Your office might have a daily cleaner emptying the trash,cleaning the floors but it isn't enough to eradicate this virus. Most offices need all surfaces and workstations properly cleaned. You might not likely catch the virus that way,but why the chance??

Key workers

16 Apr 2020, 23:36

postslippete wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:
We have to develop new habits that may be a bit slower but involve Social Distancing and Higher Levels of Hygiene, including the regular cleaning of Worksurfaces, PDAs and Vehicle Surfaces (such as Door Handles, Steering Wheels, Gear Levers and Handbrakes). You shouldn't be cutting corners to save time with these sorts of things. :cuppa

One look at the cleanliness of royal mail vans could certainly be food for thought,you know what with empty food wrappers,used bottles,bits of card,reused lazzies and the odd banana skin. Not sure many drivers are wiping their gear sticks put it that way.

Cleaning of work surfaces is even more interesting and Royal Mail could certainly invest in some more cleaners. I seem to remember a Lloyds pharmacy getting a deep clean back in February when a GP tested positive for coronavirus. Now fast forward to April and how many guys have been on sick in your workplace with suspected symptoms and ask yourself if your depot has been given a deep clean to the same scale.

Your office might have a daily cleaner emptying the trash,cleaning the floors but it isn't enough to eradicate this virus. Most offices need all surfaces and workstations properly cleaned. You might not likely catch the virus that way,but why the chance??

I had to buy cleaning products to clean my van before I use it, I have not seen any extra cleaning only basic, I heard today this Rocco block is working from home in Switzerland, what a horrible company Royal Mail is now to work for.

Key workers

17 Apr 2020, 16:54

postslippete wrote:

When I wrote that I did have visions of some of the Old Vans full of crap. :left: We're not as bad nowadays, most of us have our own vans and at least clean the Rubbish Out .... It helps that we had a load of New vans not so long ago. :thumbup

I do remember going to another Office on Loan and being given their Shed (which they used as a Reserve Van), an Ancient Old High Top Sherpa. Before I took the delivery out I thought, "I'm not working in this crap" so decided to clean it out. I managed to fill a Coffin to the top with rubbish, and bottles of unknown content. :shock: I wheeled the coffin into the DOMs Office told him his Posties were a Bunch of Grotty Bastards, and suggested he started carrying out a few vehicle checks. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3