not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 12:12

GRS wrote:FFS a few weeks in and people are still moaning about D2D. They ain’t going away any time soon. People keep saying they shouldn’t be at work - you do have the option of going to your DOM and saying you’re self isolating for 12 weeks however you won’t get paid. And their in lies the true facts - people say RM are putting money before our health but aren’t you doing the same thing if you’re that determined not to be at work but won’t take the time off unpaid.

Well said,this site is full of moaners

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 12:59

dazer0070 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Why?
Because it provides people with employment.

Management are we!!?
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....

Rules agreed to on joining RMC

Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned. This also applies to posts that are not aimed at individuals but at groups.

Please don't do it again.

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 13:56

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
Unless they've not entered RM's system you've got the practical problem of where to store the deferred D2Ds. MCs won't have the room so the MCs would still have to send them on to the DOs

You're making up problems that don't exist.
Storage is the cheapest and easiest problem to solve. At the moment you could hire a warehouse capable of storing all the D2D in the world for about a tenner a month. An exaggeration but you get the point.

Dream on. There's no where around here they could use. They've got to find a new home for one DO that's been given notice to move out, they've yet to find a site where that will move to

I don't know where you're from SP or whether the area is 'special' but what do you need to store something, four walls and a roof?
There isn't an industrial estate in the country that doesn't have empty units available and that's only going to increase.
Now stop being silly.

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 14:08

Woody Guthrie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
Unless they've not entered RM's system you've got the practical problem of where to store the deferred D2Ds. MCs won't have the room so the MCs would still have to send them on to the DOs

You're making up problems that don't exist.
Storage is the cheapest and easiest problem to solve. At the moment you could hire a warehouse capable of storing all the D2D in the world for about a tenner a month. An exaggeration but you get the point.

Dream on. There's no where around here they could use. They've got to find a new home for one DO that's been given notice to move out, they've yet to find a site where that will move to

I don't know where you're from SP or whether the area is 'special' but what do you need to store something, four walls and a roof?
There isn't an industrial estate in the country that doesn't have empty units available and that's only going to increase.
Now stop being silly.

Once again you fail to think of security. RM requires higher levels of security than many firms and you won't find any large warehouses around here that are empty and are secure enough. Are you sure that you actually work for RM?

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 14:59

Flashman_ wrote: At the moment it's a dangerous job.

At last we agree on something. So why are we still sweating the little stuff?
I am no less scared being at work than you are. I am no less scared being out on delivery than you are. I am probably more scared than you when I work in the customer service point.
But what have D2D got to do with any of that?
If you don't want to prep them then ask for a fixed Monday off, because that is the only time they should be getting prepped.
Ask for a staggered start time to ensure there is hardly anyone in the building when you are.
Ask to go part time - do something apart from fixate on a non problem.
I understand that faced with an invisible enemy we need to try and regain some semblance of control in our lives. So lets do it with the things that matter. Respect the space of your colleagues. Wash your hands regularly.

D2D’s why?!!

11 Apr 2020, 18:18

Dindin wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.

Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).

I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.

D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.

'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
I can honestly say I've never had door to door from a funeral directors

We have.

D2D’s why?!!

11 Apr 2020, 19:03

DB1100 wrote:
Dindin wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.

Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).

I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.

D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.

'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
I can honestly say I've never had door to door from a funeral directors

We have.

Did it say please die this week for 20% off?

D2D’s why?!!

11 Apr 2020, 19:10

clashcityrocker wrote:
Flashman_ wrote: At the moment it's a dangerous job.

At last we agree on something. So why are we still sweating the little stuff?
I am no less scared being at work than you are. I am no less scared being out on delivery than you are. I am probably more scared than you when I work in the customer service point.
But what have D2D got to do with any of that?
If you don't want to prep them then ask for a fixed Monday off, because that is the only time they should be getting prepped.
Ask for a staggered start time to ensure there is hardly anyone in the building when you are.
Ask to go part time - do something apart from fixate on a non problem.
I understand that faced with an invisible enemy we need to try and regain some semblance of control in our lives. So lets do it with the things that matter. Respect the space of your colleagues. Wash your hands regularly.

non problem ? I Think your underestimating the issues with d2ds at the moment. Carrying extra mail and parcels in your bag is difficult enough, it would be a hell of a lot easier without a bunch of d2ds too. It would also allow you to complete the loops that bit quicker and spend less time out in the public environment. I don't have a problem with d2ds in normal circumstances but right now they are non essential.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2