not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:06

Some I get back to office today, reverse up to the dock, get out and notice a 600 unloading bloody D2D’s for next week........pizza!!!

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:13

Why?
Because it provides people with employment.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:20

clashcityrocker wrote:Why?

Management are we!!?
Think we’ve got enough to keep us busy, don’t you?? Or maybe you haven’t.....

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:23

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 72&t=95357

Royal Mail Statement to Advertisers

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:28

POSTMAN wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=95357

Royal Mail Statement to Advertisers

That’s all well and good but ask the families of our poor colleagues who have lost their lives, if delivering the s**t is worth it!!!! Think you know the answer....

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:32

dazer0070 wrote:

Management are we!!?

What about the people who design the leaflets? The printers? The people who work in the bundling centres?
The sales people?
The businesses that are trying to generate work to keep them and their employees in a job?

Management are we? is a stupid question.
Spend half a minute trying to think of something other than yourself.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:39

clashcityrocker wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:

Management are we!!?

What about the people who design the leaflets? The printers? The people who work in the bundling centres?
The sales people?
The businesses that are trying to generate work to keep them and their employees in a job?

Management are we? is a stupid question.
Spend half a minute trying to think of something other than yourself.

You sound like you’re happy with what’s being asked of us at present? Do you read any of the posts on here and if so do you not accept the majority seem to be pretty pissed off with what we are doing?!
I care about us all being exposed to the present danger more than we need to be, so no I’m not just thinking of myself.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 16:49

dazer0070 wrote:You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?

I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.
I would hate to be stuck indoors. I would hate to have had a 20% wage cut.

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 17:17

Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.

Nobody is happy with that.
Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).

I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.

D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.

'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 17:18

Our depot only delivered Boris letter and health d2d in last 2 weeks
4 other varieties still strapped up not put out 3 this week 1 last week
not enough staff in re corona -to many part timers, who don't prep them so just been left
overwhelmed by parcels DOM just wants tracked done and aware we would not have the time for those d2ds risking tracked failures
I am sure many depots in similar boat right now
its just priorities

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 17:57

clashcityrocker wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:You sound like you’re happy with what Is being asked of us at present?

I am a postman. That is what I do for a living. I deliver stuff to people on behalf of other people.
I like my job and I am more than happy to be able to continue doing it at the present time.

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it.
If anyone really believed delivering D2D is a threat to their life, they wouldn't deliver them. I wouldn't.

It's not just the delivering of the d2ds, it's the prepping of them in the office that is struggling to accomadate a 2m social distance.
If you do not believe this then speak to a colleague at Wire D.O. that has just had 2 members off staff test positive for covid-19.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 19:21

clashcityrocker wrote:

Delivering D2D doesn't appear to me to be any more dangerous than delivering anything else so I don't know why people get so upset about it. (Actually people have been upset about them since they were introduced in the 80s (?) so the current situation is just another excuse to vent that frustration)
In all the time I have been a member of RMC people have moaned about every aspect of the job. Constantly.
If it was that bad they would jack it in but they don't. they just prefer to moan.

You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 21:41

Woody Guthrie wrote:Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.

Not us.
Not the recipient.
Not the sender (they booked it months ago and tried to cancel but RM wanted a cancellation fee on top of what they had already paid).

I do think the business has been too slow to react to the situation and too rigid in their demands with the senders.

D2D may be a valuable revenue stream but with offices failing and duties being left behind we also need to protect the other more valuable streams.

'I know you're waiting for your medication but here's a pizza leaflet instead' is not a good way to protect jobs.
I can honestly say I've never had door to door from a funeral directors

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 22:36

Flashman_ wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

You sound like you believe your only worth is as a postman. Its just a job, at the moment its a dangerous job that no one asked for, whether you recognise that or not. D2D adds time to indoor work, which is what we need to be avoiding as much as possible. Most other posties see themselves as more than just a postman, and that is why they have concerns. This company does not give a flying f about the workforce catching this, cause if they die they will not need to pay redundancies to them in the near future when they cut yours and others jobs.

Not really, if you die you have death in service benefit which would cost more than redundancy. Are you the type of person that believes this whole virus is one big conspiracy to rid the world of its elderly and infirm? This company, like all, is attemping to balance the need to continue operating with the safety of its staff. Made much more difficult in our case coz of the nature of the company.

D2D’s why?!!

08 Apr 2020, 22:56

Seymour Buts wrote:
Flashman_ wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Not really, if you die you have death in service benefit which would cost more than redundancy. Are you the type of person that believes this whole virus is one big conspiracy to rid the world of its elderly and infirm? This company, like all, is attemping to balance the need to continue operating with the safety of its staff. Made much more difficult in our case coz of the nature of the company.

Was thinking that meself surely its more costly to rm if you die than 2 years redundancy would cost??.

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 08:11

FFS a few weeks in and people are still moaning about D2D. They ain’t going away any time soon. People keep saying they shouldn’t be at work - you do have the option of going to your DOM and saying you’re self isolating for 12 weeks however you won’t get paid. And their in lies the true facts - people say RM are putting money before our health but aren’t you doing the same thing if you’re that determined not to be at work but won’t take the time off unpaid.

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 09:00

Woody Guthrie wrote:Have to say I've been delivering a leaflet for a local funeral directors this week.

Not us.
Not the recipient.

That’s where it’s completely wrong. I had to deliver those to an old folks home and felt awful about it.

I completely get these things were booked in weeks ago but surely a bit of compassion and leeway can be applied.

Why can’t RM contact the advertiser and say: We see you are booked to have your pizza/nursing home open day/local pub menu/funeral directors leaflet booked in for next week. While we are still happy to deliver, we can also offer to delay till after the virus. No cancellation fee.

They are much more likely to use RM D2D services again in the future, compared to the current approach of tough and if you don’t like it pay a cancellation fee.

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 10:19

HTPostman wrote:
That’s where it’s completely wrong. I had to deliver those to an old folks home and felt awful about it.

I completely get these things were booked in weeks ago but surely a bit of compassion and leeway can be applied.

Why can’t RM contact the advertiser and say: We see you are booked to have your pizza/nursing home open day/local pub menu/funeral directors leaflet booked in for next week. While we are still happy to deliver, we can also offer to delay till after the virus. No cancellation fee.

They are much more likely to use RM D2D services again in the future, compared to the current approach of tough and if you don’t like it pay a cancellation fee.

Unless they've not entered RM's system you've got the practical problem of where to store the deferred D2Ds. MCs won't have the room so the MCs would still have to send them on to the DOs

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 10:59

Unless they've not entered RM's system you've got the practical problem of where to store the deferred D2Ds. MCs won't have the room so the MCs would still have to send them on to the DOs

You're making up problems that don't exist.
Storage is the cheapest and easiest problem to solve. At the moment you could hire a warehouse capable of storing all the D2D in the world for about a tenner a month. An exaggeration but you get the point.

D2D’s why?!!

09 Apr 2020, 11:08

Woody Guthrie wrote:

You're making up problems that don't exist.
Storage is the cheapest and easiest problem to solve. At the moment you could hire a warehouse capable of storing all the D2D in the world for about a tenner a month. An exaggeration but you get the point.

Dream on. There's no where around here they could use. They've got to find a new home for one DO that's been given notice to move out, they've yet to find a site where that will move to

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2