not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 06:22

hawkeye622 wrote:I would happily work if Royal Mail was prioritising things correctly but when I'm being told to leave my full frame of mail for days to focus on parcels (boohoo, zara, hollister, QVC - wtf?) it all just feels so wrong. Thankfully I've only been in the job a short while, when this is all over I'll be leaving what I thought was my job for life. This virus has changed my outlook on everything and the pathetic lack of leadership from the bottom to the top of RM has completely put me off.

Your leaving but for what will their be any jobs out there

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 07:03

We are the foot solider, cannon fodder, is anyone higher up bothered what happens to you? Just keep sending you out there until you do not come back, when it peaks in the next 2 week, a lot of you will not be coming back, be safe.

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 16:34

SpacePhoenix wrote:The economy might well be f**cked by the time this is all over. You thought the 2008 austerity was bad, the austerity that's going to result from this will probably make the 2008 austerity look like a walk in the park

Spot on my friend. Think of the 1930s and even cuts to the state pension/ benefits, getting rid off minimum wage ect. If they don't get a vaccine within about a year or so about 80/85% of people will have to catch this virus so our bodies can make antibodies. Depending on how that works out and if we get long term immunity (10 years) or so per person the world will not to back to the way it was a few weeks ago. They will want everything on line and letters gone. Not a good time to be in the job these days but we may look back and call the years before 2020, the golden years. There is a lot of carp to come including tax rises. :cuppa . wtf can you do? Absolutely nothing. Just hang on and see where it takes each one of us. Good luck everyone. :cuppa

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 17:49

Navalron wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:The economy might well be f**cked by the time this is all over. You thought the 2008 austerity was bad, the austerity that's going to result from this will probably make the 2008 austerity look like a walk in the park

Spot on my friend. Think of the 1930s and even cuts to the state pension/ benefits, getting rid off minimum wage ect. If they don't get a vaccine within about a year or so about 80/85% of people will have to catch this virus so our bodies can make antibodies. Depending on how that works out and if we get long term immunity (10 years) or so per person the world will not to back to the way it was a few weeks ago. They will want everything on line and letters gone. Not a good time to be in the job these days but we may look back and call the years before 2020, the golden years. There is a lot of carp to come including tax rises. :cuppa . wtf can you do? Absolutely nothing. Just hang on and see where it takes each one of us. Good luck everyone. :cuppa

Austerity is a political choice.

In the 30s Governments responded to the Great Depression by spending more to support the economy. In the UK a universal unemployment benefit was established, sowing the seeds for the welfare state and NHS post war. In the US the New Deal - huge spending on public infrastructure and unemployment support. It worked - economies recovered.

After the financial crash the 2010 Govt of the UK responded to a global banking crash by closing libraries and children's centres to save money. It didn't work - the economy flatlined, and we had crumbling public services and poverty that still continues.

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 18:15

sindba wrote:Austerity is a political choice.

In the 30s Governments responded to the Great Depression by spending more to support the economy. In the UK a universal unemployment benefit was established, sowing the seeds for the welfare state and NHS post war. In the US the New Deal - huge spending on public infrastructure and unemployment support. It worked - economies recovered.

After the financial crash the 2010 Govt of the UK responded to a global banking crash by closing libraries and children's centres to save money. It didn't work - the economy flatlined, and we had crumbling public services and poverty that still continues.

All the bailouts, etc have still got to be paid for

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 18:24

Navalron wrote:

I'm sorry but I disagree here about not wanting to send letters. Not everyone will want things online. The internet is under strain currently due to so many users, clearly not able to maintain the demand. Which means sooner or later the internet companies may have to announce reduction in speeds for certain areas. The point I'm trying to make is that letters are safe for at least the next 50 years I say. In my opinion cards and Bill's are much better in letter form due to the ability to then file them into a document folder yourself. Saves you then having to find the damn things when the time comes! I know I'm not the only one.

Currently theres a big increase in people sending letters to their loved ones. All sat at home and taken letter writing up as a hobby! Just shows that there is still a future in post. Dont give up morale.

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 19:20

SpacePhoenix wrote:All the bailouts, etc have still got to be paid for

Who are we paying it to?

We should not be at work

08 Apr 2020, 20:17

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Who are we paying it to?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governme ... /march2019

We should not be at work

09 Apr 2020, 03:17

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Who are we paying it to?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governme ... /march2019

I know what government debt and deficit is SP I'm not stupid but that's not the question.
Who are we paying it to?

I'll give you a hint.
Bank of England Asset Purchase facility (Quantitative easing).

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2