not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Refused to work with someone....

06 Apr 2020, 11:02

Got in at half 9 today and was told I'd be with someone who would be catching the bus to meet me at the delivery points. Bearing in mind, the 2-metre rule wasn't being enforced since I was shoulder-to-shoulder with him on the fitting so for this reason alone, I went back into the manager's office and explained how I DO NOT feel comfortable working with someone. Yes, although he would be catching the bus, germs would still be spread by him touching his delivery bags, PDA and van keys.

A manager then told me to p*ss off and that I'm "useless" because of this. Now I'm back at home and will return at 1:30pm to start the delivery on my own. Surely the whole point of staff starting at a later time than usual is to ensure a crowd of people don't form in the delivery office, thus keeping the spread of germs to a minimum??

Honestly feel like speaking to the Union about what has happened today and seeing if I can get a transfer to a different office once this is all over.

06 Apr 2020, 11:18

From your previous post you obviously feel unsafe at work and by going to work it will probably not help you mentally. Why don’t you see if you can take some of your leave now? Maybe they can be a little flexible by letting you start earlier? If you can afford to, I’d take unpaid leave.

06 Apr 2020, 11:25

See I could, however I still want to work, just on my own since I was last week. My office needs to realise that they can't force me to do something I'm not comfortable with and more to the point, verbally abuse me for it.

If things for some reason do not change, I will first contact the Union but then may have to take unpaid leave/annual leave. Things will never change for the better if someone doesn't take a stand. Hopefully, other colleagues will follow and will actually put their health and wellbeing first and not be scared to confront managers about anything.

06 Apr 2020, 13:25

Will the other person still get the bus and realise you are not there to meet them?

06 Apr 2020, 13:52

Last week I refused to go on IP because no one was observing or management enforcing the 2 metre rule, which they have been fine with, I’m safer on my fitting sorting out of the way.

06 Apr 2020, 15:47

twoloops wrote:Last week I refused to go on IP because no one was observing or management enforcing the 2 metre rule, which they have been fine with, I’m safer on my fitting sorting out of the way.

Suggest to your DOM that he tape off every other IPS station, that's what we do and it does enforce the 2m rule in that area, if you have a shortage of IPS frames get him to arrange some Early Sorters to break the back of the mail BEFORE everyone else turns up for work. However the parcels area is still a nightmare. :cuppa

06 Apr 2020, 16:24

You do realise youll be touching the same bags, key,vans and PDA later than probably havent been cleaned?
Also how are you coping on delivery touching gates ,letterboxes etc that others have been near? I also find that most of the public walk within 2m of you when you out and about. Do you feel safe with this?

06 Apr 2020, 17:33

Where is your rep in all of this? There are union letters to branches on this which he should know about.

06 Apr 2020, 18:53

Think you have been ludicrous to be honest

07 Apr 2020, 18:40

I have moved to afternoon delivery .I feel much safer now I am not in a crowded office

07 Apr 2020, 18:44

Just another person not taking the situation seriously and taking advantage

07 Apr 2020, 19:07

mb123 wrote:I have moved to afternoon delivery .I feel much safer now I am not in a crowded office

So problem solved everybody is happy.

09 Apr 2020, 10:47

nickinoneck wrote:Where is your rep in all of this? There are union letters to branches on this which he should know about.

My rep has relayed my concerns about wanting to work on my own and thankfully, Managers are listening. Although they keep trying to persuade me to go and meet someone else at a delivery point in my own car, I just simply refuse.

09 Apr 2020, 11:48

edward918 wrote:My rep has relayed my concerns about wanting to work on my own and thankfully, Managers are listening. Although they keep trying to persuade me to go and meet someone else at a delivery point in my own car, I just simply refuse.

There's a recent notice from the CWU about the use of cars check it out, should be on your Notice Board somewhere. Basically Don't Use Your Car :no no

Royal Mail would like you to use your car .... but you've only got 3rd Party Insurance .. unless you want to get Business Insurance ... I thought we'd got rid of this problem years ago, but it's raised it's ugly head again. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1