not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 20:54

twiddledumb wrote:
Zicomurphy wrote:
wacko74 wrote:I see billionaire Branson has received his government help... £75m going to airlines involved in the repatriation of Brits abroad, still RM is expected to continue operating at huge additional expenditure with no help or support from the govt.

The £75m is to charter flights to bring home stranded Britons. Virgin is one of the airlines involved but paying them to provide a service is hardly a bail out. It’s like saying the letter from the Prime Minister to every home is government help for Royal Mail.

That's a very expensive flight. How many are they bringing back? and for that price I hope they are travelling first class.

Why does it matter about the cost if you had family stranded somewhere would you complain about the cost of bringing them home.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 21:41

Oh poor Richard Branson (don't make me laugh) this is the guy who was/is sueing the NHS because he lost a contract with his virgin care (another one of his two bit companies) this is the guy who walked away from the virgin train franchise contract because he wasn't earning enough profits from it :mad so don't give that snake oil salesmen a second thought :no no his fortune will be well and truly no were near any of his companies :cuppa just feel for the workforce in all of his companies :sad:

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 21:56

twiddledumb wrote:The government think royal mail are that 'key' they decided to let Amazon deliver 70% of the test kits for the virus.

Have you got a source for this ?

And what happens in areas where amazon do not deliver? Will that work go to Royal Mail Or hermes?

Government Help

31 Mar 2020, 05:07

aiden01 wrote:
twiddledumb wrote:
Zicomurphy wrote:
wacko74 wrote:I see billionaire Branson has received his government help... £75m going to airlines involved in the repatriation of Brits abroad, still RM is expected to continue operating at huge additional expenditure with no help or support from the govt.

The £75m is to charter flights to bring home stranded Britons. Virgin is one of the airlines involved but paying them to provide a service is hardly a bail out. It’s like saying the letter from the Prime Minister to every home is government help for Royal Mail.

That's a very expensive flight. How many are they bringing back? and for that price I hope they are travelling first class.

Why does it matter about the cost if you had family stranded somewhere would you complain about the cost of bringing them home.

These people stranded abroad have already paid the airlines for the their flights home... so is it really going to cost Billionaire Branson and the other airlines an additional £75m to fly them back home?

Government Help

31 Mar 2020, 08:39

wacko74 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
twiddledumb wrote:
Zicomurphy wrote:

These people stranded abroad have already paid the airlines for the their flights home... so is it really going to cost Billionaire Branson and the other airlines an additional £75m to fly them back home?

Yes - if you insist on empty flights to those countries and then nearly empty flights coming back in some cases. Also, it would be both environmentally unsound and financially disastrous if the government insisted the same airline that they are booked with flew them back. Should the airline's profit from this ---- No, but the government priority is to get those people back to do so they have to cover the costs.

Government Help

31 Mar 2020, 09:07

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
twiddledumb wrote:
Zicomurphy wrote:

Yes - if you insist on empty flights to those countries and then nearly empty flights coming back in some cases. Also, it would be both environmentally unsound and financially disastrous if the government insisted the same airline that they are booked with flew them back. Should the airline's profit from this ---- No, but the government priority is to get those people back to do so they have to cover the costs.

To add to that Terrier. Airlines operate on incredibly thin margins. The chances are if these planes are flying out empty and returning only a quarter/half full then they will almost definitely be losing money. I remember reading somewhere once that airlines only make $4 in profit for every passenger carried. Planes and then a fleet of planes are incredibly expensive and it takes a very long time to make a return on capital expenditure. Add in fuel, maintenance, staff. airport fees etc and you can start to understand why.

What's worse is that oil is currently cheap and airlines cant take advantage of that saving with the current crisis ongoing.

Government Help

31 Mar 2020, 17:42

ViperF wrote:I have a garden and a life.

Seymour Buts wrote:Can't believe people would rather be at home. I'm doing as many hours as I can currently simply to get out the house. I'm bored stupid currently. There's nothing to do. Least we're allowed to actually see the sun, and interact (two metres) away with other human beings while we're working.

I hate gardening and have a life, currently on hold like virtually every bugger elses.

Government Help

31 Mar 2020, 17:46

on todays news he said any problems with companies not doing what they are meant too, for people to contact him

:nana michael.gove.mp@parliament.uk

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3