not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 08:33

aiden01 wrote:
GRS wrote:
hero22 wrote:pisses me off something shocking that while we are out delivering shite others are safe at home getting paid. "oh still have to work" seems to be the new phrase customers like to use." Yes you prick, im standing in your garden with a parcel so yes im working". :arrrghhh

wont be the virus that takes me but a feckin stroke

Calm down - can’t believe you’re getting in such a state cos you’re out working while others are at home. So what!! Reading lots of posts on different threads it seems that many posties are extremely jealous of people who are at home. Get over it. If it matters that much jack the job in and go on the jam roll.

Bit of a silly post that just go on the dole because hes fearful of catching a deadly virus WTF.

The thing is hero22 wasn’t saying he was fearful of catching the virus. He was moaning about having to work while others are at home but getting paid. Something he later had a rethink on when someone else posted a different slant on it. My view on a lot of what we’re reading on this forum isn’t that some people are necessarily fearful of the virus but consumed by that wonderful human trait - jealousy!!!

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 08:45

How many people sitting at home doing nothing will have a job to go back to, I bet a lot won't.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 17:25

GRS wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
GRS wrote:
hero22 wrote:pisses me off something shocking that while we are out delivering shite others are safe at home getting paid. "oh still have to work" seems to be the new phrase customers like to use." Yes you prick, im standing in your garden with a parcel so yes im working". :arrrghhh

wont be the virus that takes me but a feckin stroke

Calm down - can’t believe you’re getting in such a state cos you’re out working while others are at home. So what!! Reading lots of posts on different threads it seems that many posties are extremely jealous of people who are at home. Get over it. If it matters that much jack the job in and go on the jam roll.

Bit of a silly post that just go on the dole because hes fearful of catching a deadly virus WTF.

The thing is hero22 wasn’t saying he was fearful of catching the virus. He was moaning about having to work while others are at home but getting paid. Something he later had a rethink on when someone else posted a different slant on it. My view on a lot of what we’re reading on this forum isn’t that some people are necessarily fearful of the virus but consumed by that wonderful human trait - jealousy!!!

First of all I am extremely jealous of those paid to stay at home if it helps them and their families health as the government advises. I am jealous that their families are being more protected than my own. I am also frightened too. I did show sympathy to the people on part time contracts and what 80% wage would be like for them. So I did not have a rethink on the jealousy thing to be clear. Quite a patronising sort you are love.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 17:58

Can't believe people would rather be at home. I'm doing as many hours as I can currently simply to get out the house. I'm bored stupid currently. There's nothing to do. Least we're allowed to actually see the sun, and interact (two metres) away with other human beings while we're working.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 18:01

I couldn't think of anything I'd least like to do! Sit at home doing nothing yeah you can do odd jobs around the house but I'd sooner be at work! In my office there is a core of people who are moaning about "why aren't they sending us home bla bla" and yes the vulnerable and at risk royal mail do have a duty of care to them without any question if they feel uneasy and frightened but certain people in my office are just bloody lazy and avoid work at the best of times!

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 18:07

When people stop moving , a virus stops moving, people move it around, until it;s a 100% shutdown , prepare to attend a lot of family funerals! Now go and prep your docket!

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 19:00

5plusbonusball wrote:When people stop moving , a virus stops moving, people move it around, until it;s a 100% shutdown , prepare to attend a lot of family funerals! Now go and prep your docket!

You can't have 100% shutdown. We'd all starve and die from lack of medical attention for a start. Civil disorder is starting to appear in Italy coz of the lockdown, much longer in this country and we'll see similar.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 19:02

Post69 wrote:I couldn't think of anything I'd least like to do! Sit at home doing nothing yeah you can do odd jobs around the house but I'd sooner be at work! In my office there is a core of people who are moaning about "why aren't they sending us home bla bla" and yes the vulnerable and at risk royal mail do have a duty of care to them without any question if they feel uneasy and frightened but certain people in my office are just bloody lazy and avoid work at the best of times!

There is an element of that to be honest. The majority self isolating are doing in genuinely to be fair, but there's a couple who have openly told others they're just swinging the led.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 19:34

GRS wrote: My view on a lot of what we’re reading on this forum isn’t that some people are necessarily fearful of the virus but consumed by that wonderful human trait - jealousy!!!

If I'm honest that is not strictly true and I have read nearly every post in the Coronavirus forum, still a bit to go but I've read a s**t load.
Most are fearful trust me, the odd moan about the way the public are being, but on the main, it's fear.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 21:01

Seymour Buts wrote:
5plusbonusball wrote:When people stop moving , a virus stops moving, people move it around, until it;s a 100% shutdown , prepare to attend a lot of family funerals! Now go and prep your docket!

You can't have 100% shutdown. We'd all starve and die from lack of medical attention for a start. Civil disorder is starting to appear in Italy coz of the lockdown, much longer in this country and we'll see similar.

Yep people are starting to go down the civil disobedience route in Italy but the media are not showing that much if not at all and over here all the people who are moaning about we should be in total lockdown because you have the comfort of the Government paying 80% of wages for a max of 12 weeks so what's your plan after that :hmmmm and your on your own financially and bored out of your skull and all the family are at each other throats :arrrghhh nah I'll just very carefully following the government instructions it may take me twice as long to do the job but that's to be expected and our distribution in fairness have all the gloves hand sanitiser and stricked 2m+ distancing enforced by the union reps and to be honest enforced by the workers aswell but I can honestly say reading about deliveries looks like a total different ball game :shock:

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 21:13

An accountant I deliver to said that with the reduction in Tax and NI the average full time worker will take home 85% of their normal salary if they receive only 80% gross.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 05:58

I have a garden and a life.

Seymour Buts wrote:Can't believe people would rather be at home. I'm doing as many hours as I can currently simply to get out the house. I'm bored stupid currently. There's nothing to do. Least we're allowed to actually see the sun, and interact (two metres) away with other human beings while we're working.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 06:03

My original point to this thread wasn't so much about whether us posties should be working or not, more that why aren't the govt willing or able to help RM out financially with the serious losses they are no doubt incurring as a result of being classified as a ''key industry'' and having to keep operating, when they're offering all sorts of help to other non-essential businesses.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 16:27

ViperF wrote:I have a garden and a life.

Seymour Buts wrote:Can't believe people would rather be at home. I'm doing as many hours as I can currently simply to get out the house. I'm bored stupid currently. There's nothing to do. Least we're allowed to actually see the sun, and interact (two metres) away with other human beings while we're working.

Thing is you won’t have a life stuck at home for up to 6 months.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 19:06

I see billionaire Branson has received his government help... £75m going to airlines involved in the repatriation of Brits abroad, still RM is expected to continue operating at huge additional expenditure with no help or support from the govt.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 19:33

The government think royal mail are that 'key' they decided to let Amazon deliver 70% of the test kits for the virus.
Last edited by twiddledumb on 30 Mar 2020, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 19:35

wacko74 wrote:I see billionaire Branson has received his government help... £75m going to airlines involved in the repatriation of Brits abroad, still RM is expected to continue operating at huge additional expenditure with no help or support from the govt.

Well we could hardly expect him to use the billions he has stashed away on his island could we. I mean what would be the point bribing the politicians if he could not get them to use tax payers money to bail out his companies when they inevitably go tits up.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 20:32

wacko74 wrote:I see billionaire Branson has received his government help... £75m going to airlines involved in the repatriation of Brits abroad, still RM is expected to continue operating at huge additional expenditure with no help or support from the govt.

The £75m is to charter flights to bring home stranded Britons. Virgin is one of the airlines involved but paying them to provide a service is hardly a bail out. It’s like saying the letter from the Prime Minister to every home is government help for Royal Mail.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 20:37

Zicomurphy wrote:

The £75m is to charter flights to bring home stranded Britons. Virgin is one of the airlines involved but paying them to provide a service is hardly a bail out. It’s like saying the letter from the Prime Minister to every home is government help for Royal Mail.

That's a very expensive flight. How many are they bringing back? and for that price I hope they are travelling first class.

Government Help

30 Mar 2020, 20:49

twiddledumb wrote:
Zicomurphy wrote:

That's a very expensive flight. How many are they bringing back? and for that price I hope they are travelling first class.

Over 9000 in New Zealand alone apparently. Tens of thousands in other countries. We’re talking large numbers of people.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3