not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Loaning out

25 Mar 2020, 20:30

And we’re still loaning out because?..

Loaning out

25 Mar 2020, 21:02

I would guess either because your office is fully staffed and another nearby one is short staffed. Or your office is short staffed but another nearby office is even more short staffed.
Our office was in a mess anyway but the virus has compounded this with a further two on temporary isolation and possibly one more on a three month isolation if they receive one of the letters from the government. We have been offered a couple of manager types to assist but our DOM said no thank you. A couple of managers, one with heart problems, would be as much use as a couple of chocolate teapots!

Loaning out

25 Mar 2020, 21:35

Sooo take healthy guys out their office. Move them to the unhealthy office and then move them round to other offices...Frickin wonderful!!!

Loaning out

26 Mar 2020, 08:00

scoobydo79 wrote:Sooo take healthy guys out their office. Move them to the unhealthy office and then move them round to other offices...Frickin wonderful!!!


Exactly......not really minimising the risk is it.

Loaning out

26 Mar 2020, 17:49

Celgar wrote:I would guess either because your office is fully staffed and another nearby one is short staffed. Or your office is short staffed but another nearby office is even more short staffed.


Someone asked this question in my DO recently. We were told that we all work for Royal Mail, and Royal Mail is Nationwide Business. If a nearby DO's need is greater than yours you can expect to be asked to work there. I believe it's also enshrined in our Terms of Employment, similiar to being asked to delivery another duty. :hmmmm

TBH most of us don't have access to the "Big Picture", and like to think we're the only Office in the Business. The problem with this current crisis is that it requires everyone to be flexible, and react to a quickly changing situation. Unfortunately the majority of the workforce have spent many years gettting stuck in their own particular groove, and resist doing anything outside their own "Comfort Zone". :cuppa

Loaning out

26 Mar 2020, 17:51

Dorset Plodder wrote:Someone asked this question in my DO recently. We were told that we all work for Royal Mail, and Royal Mail is Nationwide Business. If a nearby DO's need is greater than yours you can expect to be asked to work there. I believe it's also enshrined in our Terms of Employment, similiar to being asked to delivery another duty. :hmmmm

Been ages since I last looked at my contract but I'm fairly sure there's a bit in it about (in theory) being expected to potentially work at any RM site in the UK.

Loaning out

27 Mar 2020, 09:36

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:Someone asked this question in my DO recently. We were told that we all work for Royal Mail, and Royal Mail is Nationwide Business. If a nearby DO's need is greater than yours you can expect to be asked to work there. I believe it's also enshrined in our Terms of Employment, similiar to being asked to delivery another duty. :hmmmm

Been ages since I last looked at my contract but I'm fairly sure there's a bit in it about (in theory) being expected to potentially work at any RM site in the UK.



It’s 100% true.

But our contract also states our start and finish time is at your normal place of work. You are also to be given transportation to the other DO - so do a thorough van check and log it off for anything that makes it unroadworthy. Those are the official rules, so just play the game. By the time you’ve started at your DO, got a van, done a full check, navigate to the other depot and informed them you need to be back on time you’ll probably do about 3 loops. And I can guarantee you’ll never be sent again.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1