not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 19:59

Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19? I know CWU stated no more van sharing but didn't they say no lapsing also?
Personally I dont want to go to anymore doors than I have to!

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 20:04

How do you still have time for lapsing? Slow down

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 20:34

luddite wrote:Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19? I know CWU stated no more van sharing but didn't they say no lapsing also?
Personally I dont want to go to anymore doors than I have to!

Seriously?? How many off sick in Your place? There’s no chance of lapsing in our office it’s too heavy !!!

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 20:45

No sorry, we don't have time, asked to help out in this crisis.

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 20:57

We've been asked/told to take absorption/lapsing and leave some of our own delivery,then rotate the following day.

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 22:09

Just refuse, what's more important to you, you're health, you're families health, or working for a company that doesn't give a monkeys about you just their own pockets.

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 22:12

luddite wrote:Should we be told to lapse because we are short of staff due to CV19?

Thats not lapsing. Call it what you like, 'helping out' maybe, but it's not lapsing.

Lapsing is taking out a part of another duty to take you to your finish time, on 'easier' days.

They can ask you to take out some of another duty for any reason they like, but you can say no if it takes you over your time.

Lapsing?

25 Mar 2020, 23:12

I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.

Lapsing?

26 Mar 2020, 20:47

Seymour Buts wrote:Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own.

Is it a part time delivery ? Have you ever had a revision ?

Lapsing?

27 Mar 2020, 00:30

Postie45 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own.

We don't have part or full time delivery. Part timers start at 8:05 and you full prep whatever duty you're on. Full timers either sort or full prep lapsed or overtime walks; if they're off the sorting before 8:05 they're forced to take their break so everybody starts prepping their walk at the same time. Last resign was four years ago. 2:15 is a quiet day to be fair, upto an hour more on busier days. Walks are far easier alone.

Lapsing?

27 Mar 2020, 07:07

Seymour Buts wrote:
Postie45 wrote:

We don't have part or full time delivery. Part timers start at 8:05 and you full prep whatever duty you're on. Full timers either sort or full prep lapsed or overtime walks; if they're off the sorting before 8:05 they're forced to take their break so everybody starts prepping their walk at the same time. Last resign was four years ago. 2:15 is a quiet day to be fair, upto an hour more on busier days. Walks are far easier alone.

Up to 3 hours 15 on busier days?! Wow, im shocked by that, if we ever do a walk in under 4 its seen as a major achievement!!!

Lapsing?

27 Mar 2020, 14:38

Seymour Buts wrote:I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.

Sounds like you got a good round! I've got 7 loops on mine and the first one takes 35-40 mins on an easy day and an hour on a busier day and that's without a trolley

Lapsing?

27 Mar 2020, 17:56

citypostie wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:I'm currently swapping between mornings and afternoons and am doing bits if I'm on in the afternoon. Everything is prepped and ready to go so I lose the indoor work, can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own so can't really refuse and given the staff shortages am happy to help out currently.

It's heavy, but okayish. 550 drops. As I say, any walk works better alone in my opinion. Today was the worst day of the week to be fair.
Sounds like you got a good round! I've got 7 loops on mine and the first one takes 35-40 mins on an easy day and an hour on a busier day and that's without a trolley

Lapsing?

27 Mar 2020, 22:13

Seymour Buts wrote: can complete my walk in around 2:15 on my own

Blinking flip. I've never done my in less than 5 hours.

Lapsing?

27 Mar 2020, 23:20

NewPostieUK wrote:

He might have meant 2.15 as in finished by 14.15 duty time as opposed to completing in two hours fifteen minutes.

Lapsing?

28 Mar 2020, 00:06

Celgar wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:

He might have meant 2.15 as in finished by 14.15 duty time as opposed to completing in two hours fifteen minutes.

No, I don't. 2.15 on Tuesday. 3.15 on heavier days. Bare in mind I'm working alone. My walk has 550 drops.

Lapsing?

28 Mar 2020, 03:12

Seymour Buts wrote:
Celgar wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:

No, I don't. 2.15 on Tuesday. 3.15 on heavier days. Bare in mind I'm working alone. My walk has 550 drops.

That is tiny mine had 750 and that was 8 years ago and they built more on it no wonder my legs went!

Lapsing?

29 Mar 2020, 00:38

You have a start time and then you have a finish time,, take your breaks,, don't start early,,don't run,,, what is the problem.this applys to full time and part time,, grow a pair and stand up for yourselves.

Lapsing?

29 Mar 2020, 01:19

DBM22 wrote:You have a start time and then you have a finish time,, take your breaks,, don't start early,,don't run,,, what is the problem.this applys to full time and part time,, grow a pair and stand up for yourselves.

absolutely this ! if you have time to do it, then you should do it. Dont run so you can get it done though.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1