not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 06:45

It feels like Christmas eve. Suddenly from being a pieces of rubbish thinking about being made redundant we have become key workers of amazing importance whos skills are needed to save the country. Surely the April pay rise is going be a cracker.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 06:53

Lets all have a guess what we will get. The prize for the nearest is being made to walk around unprotected and spreading the virus from your office among the population.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 07:21

Tesco is giving its employee's a10% bonus for its cv19 efforts.RM seem to be non existent in the UK no media coverage or anything,Years of battering us seems to be working.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 07:24

As has already been alluded to elsewhere on here... they've proper stitched us up by classing us as ''key workers'' meaning we're not entitled to the minimum 80% of pay offered to other furloughed workers and if we do have to self isolate for our own or family members safety we have to use annual leave or unpaid leave.

All so that we can carry on delivering Farmfoods leaflets and Cotton Traders catalogues.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 07:32

My guess is over 6% coz my mate down the boozer told me we were gona get that this year already. Its gona be a great year. Imagine the fancy headstone im gona be able to afford.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 08:26

wacko74 wrote:As has already been alluded to elsewhere on here... they've proper stitched us up by classing us as ''key workers'' meaning we're not entitled to the minimum 80% of pay offered to other furloughed workers and if we do have to self isolate for our own or family members safety we have to use annual leave or unpaid leave.

All so that we can carry on delivering Farmfoods leaflets and Cotton Traders catalogues.

Who says if we self isolate we have to use annual leave or unpaid leave.?

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 08:52

wacko74 wrote:As has already been alluded to elsewhere on here... they've proper stitched us up by classing us as ''key workers'' meaning we're not entitled to the minimum 80% of pay offered to other furloughed workers and if we do have to self isolate for our own or family members safety we have to use annual leave or unpaid leave.

Full pay if self isolating..

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 09:03

Agree im self isolating,and spoke to D O M yesterday,no mention of wages .

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 09:17

I was told by my Rep yesterday that I wouldn't get paid if I go off even though I have an underlying health condition. Yesterday I delivered loads of parcels from Zara. Why am I risking my life delivering f***ing clothing that no one needs at the moment!

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 11:31

The only thing we are going to get is COVID-19

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 12:48

If you aint got the message by now , SELF ISOLATE , GET THE SICKNOTE ONLINE , get paid , :arrrghhh see you in april!

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 13:10

GET THE SICKNOTE ONLINE , only needed if off OVER 7 days I take it ?

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 14:18

Rico Back made a statement a couple of days back and even then he talked about how 'changes will be have to made' and the business will look different after all this.
They will no doubt steam through with everything at an accelerated after this.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 14:59

stodgy88 wrote:GET THE SICKNOTE ONLINE , only needed if off OVER 7 days I take it ?

I was advised to get it straight away, even if self isolating for just 7 days

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 15:53

Stormproof wrote:I was told by my Rep yesterday that I wouldn't get paid if I go off even though I have an underlying health condition. Yesterday I delivered loads of parcels from Zara. Why am I risking my life delivering f***ing clothing that no one needs at the moment!

You'll get paid if you:

have symptoms (new and continuous dry cough and/or a fever) and have to self-isolate for 7 days

or:

live with someone who has symptoms and therefore must isolate for 14 days

or:

are symptom-free but have received NHS advice telling you to self-isolate for 12 weeks

However if you self-isolate for other reasons (eg you live with someone who is symptom-free but on a 12 week isolation, or you need to care for someone, or you're just worried), RM will not pay you. You may take any outstanding holiday or you may take unpaid leave.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 20:26

DGH wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I was told by my Rep yesterday that I wouldn't get paid if I go off even though I have an underlying health condition. Yesterday I delivered loads of parcels from Zara. Why am I risking my life delivering f***ing clothing that no one needs at the moment!

You'll get paid if you:

have symptoms (new and continuous dry cough and/or a fever) and have to self-isolate for 7 days

or:

live with someone who has symptoms and therefore must isolate for 14 days

or:

are symptom-free but have received NHS advice telling you to self-isolate for 12 weeks

However if you self-isolate for other reasons (eg you live with someone who is symptom-free but on a 12 week isolation, or you need to care for someone, or you're just worried), RM will not pay you. You may take any outstanding holiday or you may take unpaid leave.

So if I go inmto tomorrow and say I cant be doing this, too dangerous, I can use up my holiday time ?

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 22:15

Tell your rep he`s not fit for the job..

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/onli ... g9Pb1idnd4

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94753

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94633

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94758

Lots of information on this forum.

Massive pay rise.

25 Mar 2020, 23:09

I'd be surprised if we get anything. The level of damage this is gonna do to this company and the country is gonna be mind boggling. I suspect if this goes on for any sort of period of time we'll become unviable and have to be renationalised anyway. If people thought the Cameron years were austere, what's coming over the next few years to pay for all this will make that look like a breese. The government (taxpayer) are overnight paying 80% of the salaries of millions upon millions of people.

Massive pay rise.

26 Mar 2020, 10:11

Rang in to tell them I would be self isolating from Monday ,but only work Thursday ,Friday ,Saturday, if this does go down on my sickness record,i presume be classed as three days ?

Massive pay rise.

26 Mar 2020, 13:20

stodgy88 wrote:Rang in to tell them I would be self isolating from Monday ,but only work Thursday ,Friday ,Saturday, if this does go down on my sickness record,i presume be classed as three days ?

You dont pick what day to start if you are high risk you do it now the virus works 24/7.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2