not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Would this get me in trouble

23 Mar 2020, 20:18

I've done the same walk for over 10 years and have got to know my customers really well, especially the elderly. Today I've spoken to some elderly customers through the window (some look petrified at what's to come), asked them if they are ok and if they need anything i.e.: groceries to give me a call and slipped my mobile number through the door. If I were to get them some groceries and deliver them on my walk during duty time would this land me in hot water?

23 Mar 2020, 20:21

Well it seems Royal Mail love the pr when it suits them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-51959580

I wouldnt advise it personally as you are putting yourself and them at risk

23 Mar 2020, 20:30

I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?

23 Mar 2020, 20:44

twoloops wrote:I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?

Yeah, the Trimble device in the wagon that bleeps at you pointlessly and the PDA can both track you.

23 Mar 2020, 21:04

twoloops wrote:I got a pull last week by my line manager for going off route, I had nipped to Tesco for some bread before I started my round, must have been the tracker in the van or PDA that tips them off?

Are there any public toilets on your round?

If not you went off route to use the toilets in Tescos.

23 Mar 2020, 22:10

frankieboy wrote:I've done the same walk for over 10 years and have got to know my customers really well, especially the elderly. Today I've spoken to some elderly customers through the window (some look petrified at what's to come), asked them if they are ok and if they need anything i.e.: groceries to give me a call and slipped my mobile number through the door. If I were to get them some groceries and deliver them on my walk during duty time would this land me in hot water?

In normal times, maybe.

At the moment, I very much doubt it. No manager would be psycophathic enough to give you more than a quick word in these circumstances. But I can't guarantee that!

Personally, I'm doing similar things and will damn well carry on and argue my corner. The nation's effectively at war ffs.

24 Mar 2020, 19:36

If you are buying the groceries in your own motor, then dropping them off as you deliver you post I see no issue? The time spent with them would be classed as a break.

The only way you would be sprung is if you had an accident and the screws found a load of tesco bags and apples strewn over the road.

In all seriousness ask your gaffer in private if he would have an issue you dropping off some groceries to a customer.

There are some decent ones out there

25 Mar 2020, 03:05

People are dying and managers are pulling people for going off route ffs

25 Mar 2020, 07:59

I sincerely doubt it would get you in trouble, these are exceptional times

25 Mar 2020, 16:05

Yeah its great isn't it. Start work before shops open then by the time we finish there is F#@& all left to buy when they are open. Thats the perk of being a "Key Worker" I suppose.

25 Mar 2020, 23:25

Both.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1