not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Public appreciation

15 Apr 2020, 22:19

Dorset Plodder wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:Theres only one thanks i want, STOP ORDERING UNNEEDED CRAP AT THE MOMENT!

I know what you mean. I often have to bite my tongue when I turn up at a house that's got pictures of Rainbows in the window saying "Thank You Postman for Delivering our Parcels" and the Mum opens the door and says, "Thanks for carrying on working" :speak to the hand

You really feel like saying, "If you really appreciate what we're doing will you please stop ordering so much crap"! :cuppa

When I`m being asked if I`m ok, I always say: I`m fine, thanks, only very tired of delivering so many parcels, it`s worse than last Christmas :arrrghhh

Many get it, they look embarrassed, I really hope they`ll slow down with the crazy online buying :coolr

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 05:36

Janet Brum wrote:Many get it, they look embarrassed, I really hope they`ll slow down with the crazy online buying :coolr

I agree although I do wonder about the finances of RM with the mail volumes being down so much over the last month. The volume of packets may be the thing that keeps us in a job (or at least reduces the impact on us when RM get back to their master plan).

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 08:01

Janet Brum wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:Theres only one thanks i want, STOP ORDERING UNNEEDED CRAP AT THE MOMENT!

I know what you mean. I often have to bite my tongue when I turn up at a house that's got pictures of Rainbows in the window saying "Thank You Postman for Delivering our Parcels" and the Mum opens the door and says, "Thanks for carrying on working" :speak to the hand

You really feel like saying, "If you really appreciate what we're doing will you please stop ordering so much crap"! :cuppa

When I`m being asked if I`m ok, I always say: I`m fine, thanks, only very tired of delivering so many parcels, it`s worse than last Christmas :arrrghhh

Many get it, they look embarrassed, I really hope they`ll slow down with the crazy online buying :coolr

Yeah great idea!!!!! Let’s all go round with loud hailers telling the public not to order online or send any letters. Then we can all sit at home out of work. Absolutely astounds me that people so many people in RM wish there wasn’t any work. Must be the only company on earth where this mentality prevails. It isn’t just at this time it’s happening ..... it’s a day in day out, month in month out, year in year out mentality where people turn up hoping there’s no work. Very odd!!

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 08:45

GRS wrote:

Yeah great idea!!!!! Let’s all go round with loud hailers telling the public not to order online or send any letters. Then we can all sit at home out of work. Absolutely astounds me that people so many people in RM wish there wasn’t any work. Must be the only company on earth where this mentality prevails. It isn’t just at this time it’s happening ..... it’s a day in day out, month in month out, year in year out mentality where people turn up hoping there’s no work. Very odd!!

I am on AL at the moment and can understand why people are ordering on line. Not being able to go out means that you have to fill your time, for some it will be DIY or hobbies and often supplies will be needed. My partner is purchasing items to entertain our young son.
I myself don't mind delivering items and actually feel that I'm helping people get through these strange times, plus I've never received so much appreciation while working for RM.
I do think differently to the majority on here, I accept that this pandemic is serious but I don't agree with the way it's being managed.

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 09:37

Caesar wrote:
GRS wrote:

I am on AL at the moment and can understand why people are ordering on line. Not being able to go out means that you have to fill your time, for some it will be DIY or hobbies and often supplies will be needed. My partner is purchasing items to entertain our young son.
I myself don't mind delivering items and actually feel that I'm helping people get through these strange times, plus I've never received so much appreciation while working for RM.
I do think differently to the majority on here, I accept that this pandemic is serious but I don't agree with the way it's being managed.

As you say it’s obvious that in the world we live in nowadays people are going to order more and more online. Couple that up with people unable to get to the shops at the mo and it’s obvious why we’re handling so much stuff. It just amazes me to see people’s views on it on here! They’re either very naive, thick or as I suspect just work shy. I’m the same as you in that I have think entirely differently to many on here. Doesn’t mean I’m right and they’re wrong or vice versa. Personally I’m enjoying it at the mo - on staggered start time so going in later, plenty to keep me busy, 99.9% of people are in so easy to get rid of stuff, the public are being very pleasant and pleased to see you, getting a full wage while others have to worry about their future employment. I’d rather all of that than stuck at home scratching around for things to do.

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 09:57

I know what you mean about people wanting it to be as quiet as possible. At the moment I can understand it, we all just want to get done, get home and be safe.

I’m one of the few who enjoys Christmas at RM, I’m only on 5 hours a day so it’s a great chance for me to at least double my hours (all of which are paid - our office is good at paying you in full), the extra money then helps tide me over when there’s not as much work in the summer....or when there’s a chuffing pandemic!

Everyone is different but I think we’ll forever have a large percentage who are fascinated with finishing early. I don’t see it as much with the new starters, but when I hear older staff saying they used to finish their shift by 10.30 and get to the train station and be sat on Brighton beach by midday, I think that prevails. I’ve witnessed people spend 15 minutes arguing with management over 10 minutes of lapsing, I’ve seen people dump the york in the yard after loading so they can save 2 minutes by not having to bring it in. We’ll always have that I’m afraid.

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 10:35

HTPostman wrote:Everyone is different but I think we’ll forever have a large percentage who are fascinated with finishing early. I don’t see it as much with the new starters, but when I hear older staff saying they used to finish their shift by 10.30 and get to the train station and be sat on Brighton beach by midday, I think that prevails. I’ve witnessed people spend 15 minutes arguing with management over 10 minutes of lapsing, I’ve seen people dump the york in the yard after loading so they can save 2 minutes by not having to bring it in. We’ll always have that I’m afraid.

Poor management. Most RM yards are a disgrace and dumping yorks is the main reason. How long does it take to put it back on the stage and nest them?

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 16:09

These idiots that see you coming up their pathway and then walk to their door to open it.... they are annoying at the best of times as they open the door when you are posting through....yes that helps me doesn't it!, now they are still doing it when this virus is around, have they not read the news by now?!

What is the benefit to me of you opening your door anyway? I am quite capable of putting a letter or two through your letterbox. Do you people think you are somehow saving me time...cos you're not !

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 16:24

When this CV is all over lets hope folk do go back to the shops? I have a feeling most might just continue ordering shite online :sad:

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 18:54

GRS wrote:

As you say it’s obvious that in the world we live in nowadays people are going to order more and more online. Couple that up with people unable to get to the shops at the mo and it’s obvious why we’re handling so much stuff.
It just amazes me to see people’s views on it on here! They’re either very naive, thick or as I suspect just work shy. I’m the same as you in that I have think entirely differently to many on here. Doesn’t mean I’m right and they’re wrong or vice versa. Personally I’m enjoying it at the mo - on staggered start time so going in later, plenty to keep me busy, 99.9% of people are in so easy to get rid of stuff, the public are being very pleasant and pleased to see you, getting a full wage while others have to worry about their future employment. I’d rather all of that than stuck at home scratching around for things to do.

It's obviously taken a while to adjust to the New style delivery (i.e less letters MORE Parcels) but I'm still working a full day. I think the thing that winds most Posties up is not the fact that we're delivering more parcels but the trivial nature of some of them. :arrrghhh

I understand the different arguments: ...... It keeps some online retailers solvent ...... People order things they "Need" to keep their sanity during Lock Down (either DIY, Gardening, Books, Jigsaws, Equipment for Home Study etc) ..... It keeps Royal Mail Solvent and Us in a job. However some of the Crap that some customers consider "Essential" is beyond me :crazy: Just read a few post on here: Bags of Charcoal Briquettes .... Hair Straighteners ..... Today I had a Bloody BIG Bag full of Balls for a Ball Pool! :shock:

I think the majority of Posties would just like the Public to realise that there is a National Crisis .... it's not an excuse for a paid holiday, with a shopping spree thrown in. :cuppa

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 18:57

twoloops wrote:When this CV is all over lets hope folk do go back to the shops? I have a feeling most might just continue ordering shite online :sad:

It’s just finished the high street off, every morning when I look at the news before work it’s killed another business.

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 19:17

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
It’s just finished the high street off, every morning when I look at the news before work it’s killed another business.

Yep unfortunately a lot of smaller businesses were just about hanging on. They can't really survive the Lock Down for any prolonged period. It's certainly going to be a different kind of High Street once this Crisis is over. :cuppa

Public appreciation

16 Apr 2020, 21:08

GRS wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:

First of all, I never said I deliver lots of letters, but I do deliver about 2 yorks on top of 6 bags of letters and small packets each day.

If you think it`s fine in this current coronavirus pandemic to risk my life with double deliveries for ebay shite, then you are wrong.

People will always buy online, I`m one of them but I`m not taking the piss ordering all sorts now, when so many people are dead because of this virus who can infect me only from touching a gate.

So slow down and think before you judge and post.

Public appreciation

17 Apr 2020, 07:42

Janet Brum wrote:
GRS wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:

First of all, I never said I deliver lots of letters, but I do deliver about 2 yorks on top of 6 bags of letters and small packets each day.

If you think it`s fine in this current coronavirus pandemic to risk my life with double deliveries for ebay shite, then you are wrong.

People will always buy online, I`m one of them but I`m not taking the piss ordering all sorts now, when so many people are dead because of this virus who can infect me only from touching a gate.

So slow down and think before you judge and post.

Well I and many others are doing exactly the same job as you. You do know you can tell your DOM that you wish to isolate yourself for 12 weeks if you are that worried about your health. All you read on here is what people don’t want to do. Just wonder how many who keep banging on about their health are the ones who smoke 40 a day, sling copious amount of booze down their throat, eat junk food continually or lay out in the sun for hours on end. All these things as we know are serious threats to our health along with this bloody virus. Thing is you just have to carry on and do what you can to protect yourself or self isolate. Many on here have been jumping up and down for weeks, wonder how many are that concerned that they have done just that!

Public appreciation

17 Apr 2020, 08:42

I hope you do realise your advice is rubish, stop telling people what to do and stop assuming what they do, you are wrong.
And of course, stop putting words in people`s mouths.

Public appreciation

17 Apr 2020, 09:33

Janet Brum wrote:I hope you do realise your advice is rubish, stop telling people what to do and stop assuming what they do, you are wrong.
And of course, stop putting words in people`s mouths.

I’m not getting into a war of words! You did forget to put IMO at the end of your first sentence though. If you read my post further up the page I did say that “ I’m not right and others are wrong and vice versa”. You are being just plain rude and dictating you are the only one who’s opinion is correct. My opinion is as valid as your’s or anyone else’s on here, that is the idea of a forum. Would be pointless if we all posted the same ideas , opinions and thoughts.

Public appreciation

17 Apr 2020, 19:09

Thumbs up. :thumbup

Public appreciation

17 Apr 2020, 21:12

First all the clapping and now thumbs-up for posties! Is this supposed to make us feel great!? I'll tell you what Dicky, how about giving us an extra £2 per hour just like Amazon are doing, and I'll give you two big fat thumbs-up!

Otherwise you can get one fat thumb right up yer........back street!

Public appreciation

17 Apr 2020, 21:54

Taking the piss now because we voted for the strike, as if I want loads of snotty nose kids giving me the thumbs up, leave me alone & let me get done & off home where I’m safe :thumbdown

Public appreciation

17 Apr 2020, 22:00

twoloops wrote:Taking the piss now because we voted for the strike, as if I want loads of snotty nose kids giving me the thumbs up, leave me alone & let me get done & off home where I’m safe :thumbdown

It's been mentioned that for a strike based on RM's response to the coronavirus it would apparently require a separate ballot

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4