not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Public appreciation

25 Mar 2020, 11:03

Tinoblade wrote:
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today

Actually it's not that hard really TB. Just put a small plastic Bowl ... Bar of Soap.... Towel ... and a Container of Water in the back of your Van. Might have been a problem when we used to be on Bikes but if you've got a van it's not a problem. :thumbup

I keep telling people at work, "You're Responsible for your Own Health & Wellbeing, don't expect anyone else to run around after you" It's not hard really. Glad you made it back to the Office OK! :cuppa

Public appreciation

25 Mar 2020, 18:05

All of them will have forgotten by Christmas, and will avoid you like the plague (the old one, not CV19 )

Public appreciation

25 Mar 2020, 18:09

A normally extremely grumpy and grumbling woman came out her house today after I'd posted her mail and thanked me profusely. Which was nice.

Public appreciation

25 Mar 2020, 18:11

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today

Actually it's not that hard really TB. Just put a small plastic Bowl ... Bar of Soap.... Towel ... and a Container of Water in the back of your Van. Might have been a problem when we used to be on Bikes but if you've got a van it's not a problem. :thumbup

I keep telling people at work, "You're Responsible for your Own Health & Wellbeing, don't expect anyone else to run around after you" It's not hard really. Glad you made it back to the Office OK! :cuppa

Fair enoigh. Makes sense. Might bring one round just incase I need an emergency dump too

Public appreciation

25 Mar 2020, 18:18

yes plenty of appreciation but plenty of looks and words as if we are lambs to the slaughter :sad:

Public appreciation

25 Mar 2020, 21:36

Tinoblade wrote:
Fair enoigh. Makes sense. Might bring one round just incase I need an emergency dump too

You may laugh TB but one of our lads did just that. :shock: He had a dose of the runs and was worried he might get caught out in the middle of nowhere. He took a plastic Bucket and Bog Roll... Just in Case .....Luckily he didn't need it. :cuppa

Public appreciation

26 Mar 2020, 12:10

wacko74 wrote:When I pulled into the long driveway of a big houses the other day a woman ran out of the house swept her kid up into her arms ran back inside and shut the door behind her... I didn't take it personally, I'm sure she appreciates the efforts we're going to really!

I saw some advise from Royal Mail recently, which explained the new delivery procedures. I also said not to approach you post person, and to retreat inside if you see them coming to you.

So this lady had either read the advise (not, likely), or was just pig ignorant.

Keep safe out there folk. Unlike Royal Mail, who couldn't give a t**s, I really feel for you.

Public appreciation

28 Mar 2020, 17:31

Customer who cares.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Public appreciation

28 Mar 2020, 20:14

Marshamp11 wrote:Customer who cares.

:Applause

Public appreciation

28 Mar 2020, 20:22

Thank You For The Eggs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Public appreciation

31 Mar 2020, 23:02

One of my customers gave me half a dozen eggs last week too and had a thank you card from another one today. Not like the people at the top of RM leaching off us who couldn't give a **** about any of us.

Public appreciation

01 Apr 2020, 06:56

How long can the virus live on eggshells ?

Public appreciation

01 Apr 2020, 12:00

I've been given rhubarb! Not sure if there were any connotations with this? However, just the thought given by the customer was appreciated.

AND my wife made a really lovely rhubarb crumble!

Public appreciation

01 Apr 2020, 15:45

Startingover wrote:I've been given rhubarb! Not sure if there were any connotations with this? However, just the thought given by the customer was appreciated.

AND my wife made a really lovely rhubarb crumble!

Did you get a tub of custard powder with it?

Public appreciation

01 Apr 2020, 18:58

Two cans of coke and a bag of sweets left for me with a nice note today.

Also had an oven tray outside a door with a note saying “leave post on tray, we bake in oven to sterilise”!!!

Public appreciation

15 Apr 2020, 17:27

Have to admit getting a bit fed up of people wanting to wave & talk to me, like to get in & out & gone, can't be doing with this insane chit chat malarkey, phone your family or get back to watching telly or something :coolr

Public appreciation

15 Apr 2020, 17:56

Theres only one thanks i want, STOP ORDERING UNNEEDED CRAP AT THE MOMENT!

Public appreciation

15 Apr 2020, 18:59

2yearpostie wrote:Theres only one thanks i want, STOP ORDERING UNNEEDED CRAP AT THE MOMENT!

I know what you mean. I often have to bite my tongue when I turn up at a house that's got pictures of Rainbows in the window saying "Thank You Postman for Delivering our Parcels" and the Mum opens the door and says, "Thanks for carrying on working" :speak to the hand

You really feel like saying, "If you really appreciate what we're doing will you please stop ordering so much crap"! :cuppa

Public appreciation

15 Apr 2020, 19:05

Dorset Plodder wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:Theres only one thanks i want, STOP ORDERING UNNEEDED CRAP AT THE MOMENT!

I know what you mean. I often have to bite my tongue when I turn up at a house that's got pictures of Rainbows in the window saying "Thank You Postman for Delivering our Parcels" and the Mum opens the door and says, "Thanks for carrying on working" :speak to the hand

You really feel like saying, "If you really appreciate what we're doing will you please stop ordering so much crap"! :cuppa

:Applause

Public appreciation

15 Apr 2020, 21:56

twoloops wrote:Have to admit getting a bit fed up of people wanting to wave & talk to me, like to get in & out & gone, can't be doing with this insane chit chat malarkey, phone your family or get back to watching telly or something :coolr

Same. So many people going for walks too and want to say hello and chat. I just want to get on and finish on time and not spend my time having small talk. You are supposed to be out for exercise not to slow me down telling me how wonderful the weather is.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4