not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 18:20

Really starting to notice this last few days , plenty saying keep safe and thanks for your efforts .Not everyone though still getting the odd funny look when parcel is left on their doorstep and I’m stood at front gate.

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 18:29

chickenwittle wrote:Really starting to notice this last few days , plenty saying keep safe and thanks for your efforts .Not everyone though still getting the odd funny look when parcel is left on their doorstep and I’m stood at front gate.

I've noticed this too.

But it really will mean very little when the letters drop off a cliff due to coronavirus, and Royal Mail can use that excuse to push ahead with their plan to streamline us into just another parcel courier company.

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 18:35

When I pulled into the long driveway of a big houses the other day a woman ran out of the house swept her kid up into her arms ran back inside and shut the door behind her... I didn't take it personally, I'm sure she appreciates the efforts we're going to really!

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 19:10

Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 19:30

hero22 wrote:Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol

:Very Happy :Very Happy

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 19:42

Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 20:10

The public don't give a toss about us, the only thing they care about is their irrelevant parcels.

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 20:28

luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?

If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 21:03

???????????????? wrote:
luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?

If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.

How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 21:05

???????????????? wrote:

And how do you do that on your rounds where there are no toilet facilities?

Ask someone if you can just nip and use their sink for a few moments and then dry your hands on their towel?

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 21:59

???????????????? wrote:

If your going to troll at least learn to spell!! Hand sinister!!! :crazy:

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 22:05

grchpo wrote:
???????????????? wrote:

How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.

Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 22:38

Yes have to say my rural customers as ever appreciate my efforts,and as expected guidance and concern from above sadly lacking,policies in place but will no doubt be ditched once the workforce becomes depleted,they will no doubt take the glory in continuing to get the mail delivered,by whatever pressure and bullying tactics that they are well known for,stay safe my friends

Public appreciation

21 Mar 2020, 23:35

exetererica wrote:The public don't give a toss about us, the only thing they care about is their irrelevant parcels.

Some maybe, but certainly not all.

Public appreciation

22 Mar 2020, 08:20

exetererica wrote:The public don't give a toss about us, the only thing they care about is their irrelevant parcels.

I’m sure there may be some like that but the vast majority of people I have spoken to this week (from a distance of course) have been very appreciative

Public appreciation

22 Mar 2020, 11:34

grchpo wrote:
???????????????? wrote:

Take some soap water with you. Ive only had a very good response from everyone stay safe postie is the normal but i am an older postie so maybe they worry more about me then a younger postie.

Public appreciation

22 Mar 2020, 16:21

Everyone has been pretty decent this week. Even those who normally look down their noses at you for doing such a menial job :chuckle

Public appreciation

23 Mar 2020, 15:30

I had a nice lady thank me for my efforts and gave me a little bottle of hand gel :Very Happy

Public appreciation

23 Mar 2020, 21:15

I’ve noticed people are being friendly giving us a thank you etc. Still getting the odd few out in their garden coming up to you or opening the door saying ‘I’ll take that off you postie’ mainly the older generation who we are meant to be protecting!

Public appreciation

25 Mar 2020, 10:57

hero22 wrote:Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol

I bet she had her Fleece Pulled up over her nose as well? :left: I don't think some people actually realise that we actually might have been given some guidance about Social Distancing .... I have to keep telling Old Buggers to stop walking down the garden path to collect the mail FFS! :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2