not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

key workers

21 Mar 2020, 18:05

having been selected as a key worker occupation, will all the major supermarkets open up slots to actually buy something we want & need?
i'm starting work earlier than usual and stores are closed, by the time i'm done, and bothered enough to tackle them essentials are non existent, no bread, milk, meat, eggs very little veg, no spuds at all,
non essentials = no beer/lager other than those 3 for £5 ales, no crap paper, though newsagent part had plenty :left:
i hardly ever work my day off but said i may next week to help out, and i reckon i've 4 to 5 days food in, probably 3 decent meals and 2 or 3 junk food type meals
and i don't fancy trawling the shops everyday in hope, be funny to say no i can't work as i need to shop early

key workers

21 Mar 2020, 18:09

So far some supermarkets are only letting NHS staff (with IDs) shop during their slots for elderly and people with chronic conditions.

key workers

21 Mar 2020, 18:19

baldrick wrote:So far some supermarkets are only letting NHS staff (with IDs) shop during their slots for elderly and people with chronic conditions.

i think we are pretty low down the pecking order as key workers and i don't think we should be, but boris & co said we are so why not?
plus if they did, i don't have an ID badge either :left:

key workers

21 Mar 2020, 18:35

I think managers need to be relaxed about stupid Coaching forms for trivial stuff in this time. Im glad we still have work but we as employees are taking a big risk everyday now. We should all be pulling in the same direction and stop having petty and bullying managers making sure all mail goes out. There are 9 staff off to date at our office and the ones that are there are doing their best

key workers

21 Mar 2020, 18:51

Tesco have only just given their own key worker staff an exclusive shopping hour, it's alongside the NHS one on a sunday. Not sure if other supermarkets are doing anything for their own staff but to be honest unless you are NHS, carer, elderly or vulnerable then getting in a store as early as possible is all you can do

key workers

21 Mar 2020, 19:20

Ali831 wrote:Tesco have only just given their own key worker staff an exclusive shopping hour, it's alongside the NHS one on a sunday. Not sure if other supermarkets are doing anything for their own staff but to be honest unless you are NHS, carer, elderly or vulnerable then getting in a store as early as possible is all you can do

kind of double edged sword, due to those self isolating we must try to lapse to the max, thus going even earlier, thus nothing much left in shops come 3pm :arrrghhh
i always try to buy fresh so just a few days ahead so haven't grasped the idea of panic buying yet,
"holding it in" can save on bog roll by braving a RM toilet seat

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1