not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

USO

23 Mar 2020, 23:23

Thats been debunked mate - it wouldnt survive

No it hasn't.
It survives on various surfaces for various lengths of time depending on the environment. That can be anything from a couple of hours to a couple of days. How many hands does a letter on the IPS go through before you get your hands on it?
If you have coronavirus how many of your customers could you infect?

These guidelines worked when stuff was coming from China when China was the only source of infection, it doesn't work if the source of infection handled the letter 5 minutes ago.

USO

23 Mar 2020, 23:39

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Thats been debunked mate - it wouldnt survive

No it hasn't.
It survives on various surfaces for various lengths of time depending on the environment. That can be anything from a couple of hours to a couple of days. How many hands does a letter on the IPS go through before you get your hands on it?
If you have coronavirus how many of your customers could you infect?

These guidelines worked when stuff was coming from China when China was the only source of infection, it doesn't work if the source of infection handled the letter 5 minutes ago.

Couldn't agree more infact it can stay alive on cardboard for up to 12 to 24 hours I don't see too much different between cardboard and paper ,certainly not enough to not be worried about it.

USO

24 Mar 2020, 00:54

Kesknight wrote:We shouldn't be at work, it's as simple as that.

Have to agree with you. In a crisis like this what do people need to order online that they can’t buy in a local store. Food water etc.... anything else isn’t important. Our DO has 60+ staff, it only takes one person to be a carrier of the virus even if they don’t have symptoms. That person infects maybe 4-5 staff, they go home to their families etc etc... the government needs to take action on this I don’t see how Royal Mail is key role for the nation in a crisis. We have emails & technology now to keep in contact. Ok you could argue about job losses etc.... f**k the job. I’d rather keep my life & my family safe.

USO

24 Mar 2020, 07:23

Warriorpostie wrote:
Kesknight wrote:We shouldn't be at work, it's as simple as that.

Have to agree with you. In a crisis like this what do people need to order online that they can’t buy in a local store. Food water etc.... anything else isn’t important. Our DO has 60+ staff, it only takes one person to be a carrier of the virus even if they don’t have symptoms. That person infects maybe 4-5 staff, they go home to their families etc etc... the government needs to take action on this I don’t see how Royal Mail is key role for the nation in a crisis. We have emails & technology now to keep in contact. Ok you could argue about job losses etc.... f**k the job. I’d rather keep my life & my family safe.

:wave you are right mate

USO

29 Mar 2020, 22:07

By Chris Dawson September 19, 2019- 10:00 am

“Royal Mail is committed to further talks as a matter of urgency. We believe there are no grounds for industrial action. We remain committed to open and constructive engagement with the CWU. We all want a successful and sustainable company that provides good quality jobs, fairness in workloads, and continues delivering a sustainable Universal Service.”
– Royal Mail

CWU Response to Ofcom’s Proposed Plan of Work 2020/21

25th February 2020

Key Points

5. In the postal sector, the CWU believes that Royal Mail must find ways of growing the business through investment in new commercial opportunities and innovative services to help offset the decline in letter volumes. This should include more local and community targeted products and services which would leverage the full potential of the crucially important equality of provision and social inclusion that the universal service obligation brings, whilst supporting the Government’s objectives of improving public services and boosting regional development. Ofcom must assist with this by ensuring a supportive regulatory environment that promotes investment and innovation. The CWU is currently in dispute with Royal Mail for failing to honour our agreements and unilaterally pressing on with creating a separate parcels operation. We believe this strategy will accelerate letter decline and put the future of the universal postal service at risk. Royal Mail must take a different approach that maximises the potential of the core network to defend letters, grow parcels and help secure the six day universal service.

Royal Mail must take a different approach that maximises the potential of the core network to defend letters, grow parcels and help secure the six day universal service.

Ofcom’s goals and priorities for 2020/21

Sustaining the universal postal service

8. Ofcom’s primary statutory duty in post is to secure the provision of the universal postal service. In carrying out this role, the CWU recognises the need for Ofcom to monitor the needs of postal users, Royal Mail’s performance, and competition in parcels and letters. In setting the current and future framework for postal regulation, we believe Ofcom must focus on ensuring a supportive regulatory environment that promotes investment and supports innovation.

The need for incentives for Royal Mail to invest and protect the universal service
9. The CWU calls on Ofcom to prioritise the financial sustainability of the universal postal service. This should include doing everything in its power to encourage and incentivise Royal Mail to invest in the business and compete for new and existing revenue streams. The CWU has serious concerns about the impact that Royal Mail’s current strategy will have on the future of the business and the sustainability of the universal postal service

11. We believe that Royal Mail must look to invest in a diversified portfolio of offerings beyond parcels, which could include social care related services, warehousing and stock holding services. There should be more local and community targeted products and services to leverage the reach and potential of the USO more effectively. ...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
09:07am, 23 Mar, 2020
Coronavirus
EDIT;
Finally, we need to make sure the business is in the best shape for the day after coronavirus. We will get through this, but changes might be necessary. We have to make sure that Royal Mail stays sustainable. The economic environment in which we will be operating will be quite different to today.

Rico Back
Group Chief Executive Officer
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
03:30am, 27 Mar, 2020
Door To Door

It’s not junk
We are implementing changes to prioritise some mail
Door to Door mailings provide a very valuable service to small businesses and companies of all kinds as they seek to provide their goods and services. It’s important to remember that many small businesses need that support now more than ever. Door to Door mailings also include important communications from government and other authorities, which need to reach every household. It is therefore important that we keep the Door to Door channel open and effective.
We are required to deliver the universal service through the market. The universal postal service provides a lifeline to businesses and communities everywhere and we are proud to provide it. Door-to-door mailings and marketing mail are a very important means of paying for the universal service and supporting the delivery of all mail – including important documents such as hospital appointments and medical prescriptions.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

27 March 2020 Government announcement
Delivering coronavirus tests to NHS staff
Royal Mail is playing a key role in the fight against coronavirus by being a key partner in the delivery and return of coronavirus tests to NHS and social care frontline staff. This new initiative will enable NHS staff to do a coronavirus test at home, and then return their sample for testing.

Royal Mail and Amazon Logistics will deliver coronavirus testing kits to the homes of NHS workers, who will post back their sample into one of 13,000 priority postboxes. Royal Mail will deliver all return samples to the testing lab using Tracked 24 Returns.

USO

30 Mar 2020, 16:07

Ofcom information on the coronavirus (Covid-19)

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/po ... 0of%20work

USO

30 Mar 2020, 16:36

nataddick wrote:Ofcom information on the coronavirus (Covid-19)

Does that mean the USO review is suspended for now?

USO

30 Mar 2020, 16:56

2yearpostie wrote:

Yes, that's what I'm reading from it...

USO

30 Mar 2020, 17:08

?

USO

30 Mar 2020, 17:25

ssdd wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

I don't think they're suspending it. It's just they will look kindly upon failures of the USO, which is a very different thing.

USO

30 Mar 2020, 18:50

DGH wrote:
ssdd wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:

I don't think they're suspending it. It's just they will look kindly upon failures of the USO, which is a very different thing.

Suspending the review...not the USO. Although I agree with failures in the current climate.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2