not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Special Delivery by 1pm guarantee suspended

20 Mar 2020, 10:50

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... ry-changes

We are having to amend the way we deliver some of our products

We are continuing to deliver for our customers in this very challenging time. However, the increasing pressure on the operation means we are having to amend the way we deliver some of our products.

We are now making a temporary change to Special Delivery Guaranteed items:

For items posted from Thursday 19 March 2020 onwards, we’ll no longer guarantee deliveries by 1pm the next working day.
    We’ll still prioritise Special Delivery parcels and letters, but due to uncertain local staffing levels, a guaranteed delivery time is not possible.
    Where we can, we will aim to deliver by 1pm or before the end of day, but this is not guaranteed.
    Our Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am service remains unchanged. We still guarantee delivery by 9am.

Please ensure your colleagues are aware of the change to the specification.

If you have further questions, please speak to your line manager. Visit myroyalmail.com/coronavirus for the latest updates.

20 Mar 2020, 10:52

It is XP1 now.

Input the customer’s name as normal and press proceed. When the signature box appears, input “XP1” but do not press done until the customer picks up the parcel

20 Mar 2020, 13:04

world class male wrote:can't see their thinking behind this, unless new to the duty you will certainly know an approximate time when you're going to get to your 1pms, if its definitely not you either detour on way out adding a few minutes max travel or like i normally do, deliver that loop at the same time to save going back later, i even do it for a very large parcel just to try and make space to work in the van
the cynic in me leads to RM pushing for more 9am's for more money and do 1pm at a leisure when duties are mass failing

Because they know entire deliveries won't be going out, so specials will have to be done in a more efficient way instead of people cutting about all over the place trying to get them all done by 1pm.

It isn't a case of what's their thinking. It was simply a case if them having no other choice unless they wanted to lose money on a large percentage of SD items due to failures.

20 Mar 2020, 17:24

world class male wrote:can't see their thinking behind this, unless new to the duty you will certainly know an approximate time when you're going to get to your 1pms, if its definitely not you either detour on way out adding a few minutes max travel or like i normally do, deliver that loop at the same time to save going back later, i even do it for a very large parcel just to try and make space to work in the van
the cynic in me leads to RM pushing for more 9am's for more money and do 1pm at a leisure when duties are mass failing

Try doing a rural like that,

20 Mar 2020, 23:21

Had a 9oclocker today rep said they were suspended so didn't get done until gone 10.

20 Mar 2020, 23:48

FacesOfStone wrote:It was updated to XP1 on the 15th March.

Ah my day off, that explains it. Communication company and all that.....

21 Mar 2020, 08:05

hatter68 wrote:Had a 9oclocker today rep said they were suspended so didn't get done until gone 10.

Unless the page on the RM website is out of date, they've not been suspended: https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/sp ... anteed-9am

Please note

Due to the current coronavirus situation, we'll no longer guarantee deliveries by 1pm the next working day for items posted from Thursday 19 March 2020 onwards. We’ll still prioritise Special Delivery parcels and letters. Our Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am service remains unchanged. For both services, we're no longer asking the recipient to sign for items delivered on or after Saturday 14 March 2020.

The recipient's name and confirmation of delivery can still be viewed at www.royalmail.com/track-your-item

Find out more at www.royalmail.com/coronavirus

21 Mar 2020, 15:07

I predict a boom in PayPal and eBay claims :roll:

22 Mar 2020, 09:31

I do the 9am SDs in our office and was told that from yesterday they have been suspended.
Whether this has been announced officially nationwide I don't know ?

22 Mar 2020, 19:07

Asked DOM sat he said 1pm SD been suspended 9am SD not so looks like rep got it wrong.

22 Mar 2020, 20:16

ted_e_bear wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
ted_e_bear wrote:just this week I had to use Hermes for a low value eBay item as it weighed just over 2kg, as a general public sender RM don't offer a suitable service.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. :wink:

29 Mar 2020, 21:15

rambo1 wrote:We too have been told cv19 , don't know where this xp1 has come from ?

I'm still putting CV19. I've not had any manager come to me and tell me it's changed. Until they tell me otherwise I'll still put the old code. Communication company and all that

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2