not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part timer to Full timer Contract change

13 Feb 2020, 20:35

Dear all,

I have been working nearly 6.5 years as a part timer and still no luck in converted in to a F/T.
1) How long yous guys on a P/T contract had to wait before receiving F/T contract?

I do get overtime most of the time but when on A/L only getting paid for 25 hours. What is this Average Pay during A/L for P/T posties? Can i apply for this sort of pay?
On average i do work 8+ hours on OT but quite often i am lucky enough to get 15+ hours OT per week.

Thanks in advance

13 Feb 2020, 22:44

Put a grievance in for holiday pay theres plenty of posts on this site about it or speak to your rep they should be able to get you the information.

14 Feb 2020, 03:45

I think u know the answer to your question that being made up to full time is very unlikely now, u have only been a postie for 6 years, I know people who have been here a lot longer and still pt, u are lucky to get out each week

14 Feb 2020, 10:42

Over 10 years now and still waiting. Corrupt company that offers locker/callers office jobs/LAT parcels as full time to favourites with much lower seniority on part time duties, and then they somehow re-appear on their old deliveries most of the time.

14 Feb 2020, 15:56

Joined in November 2004 on 23 hours, went up to 26 hours in 2011 and finally full-time in 2016

14 Feb 2020, 17:16

I must of got lucky was on 32/5 hours then offered full time 35 hours after 14 months and took it.

14 Feb 2020, 17:42

postman15 wrote:Dear all,

I have been working nearly 6.5 years as a part timer and still no luck in converted in to a F/T.
1) How long yous guys on a P/T contract had to wait before receiving F/T contract?

I do get overtime most of the time but when on A/L only getting paid for 25 hours. What is this Average Pay during A/L for P/T posties? Can i apply for this sort of pay?
On average i do work 8+ hours on OT but quite often i am lucky enough to get 15+ hours OT per week.

Thanks in advance

This is not aimed personally at you postman15 but It beggars belief that you're not aware of how to carry out the procedure
for applying for average pay during annual leave - what is your local CWU rep playing at? Why has your office not received any local
CWU guidance/support on how to do this? This has been in place for nearly a year now and I would imagine you'll have missed out on the
pay for leave you took over most of the past 12 months as the claim has to be put in within 3 months of the leave being taken.

There is a big section on how to apply for this on the board linked below, but there are numerous threads - it may take you some time
to wade through it all as the procedure has evolved since it first started...

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... m.php?f=67

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1