not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 07:36

The named storm Ciara, of 'once or twice a decade' hits us over the next few days..

Any tips for working in Amber warning weathe, that poses danger to 'life and limb'? Quotes from the BBC

Keep your bundles small incase they blow away
Don't look up if you hear roof slates falling
Use the van side sliding door
Buy a lottery ticket

Roll on Monday!

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 08:12

EdRush wrote:The named storm Ciara, of 'once or twice a decade' hits us over the next few days..

Any tips for working in Amber warning weathe, that poses danger to 'life and limb'? Quotes from the BBC

Buy a lottery ticket

Roll on Monday!

Today or tomorrow it's not an option, but if you get d2ds and you know the next day is going to be blustery do the lot in a day before the storm hits.

Outside of this stop being a pussy and get your job done.

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 09:24

Trail wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 10:23

Trail wrote:
EdRush wrote:The named storm Ciara, of 'once or twice a decade' hits us over the next few days..

Buy a lottery ticket

Roll on Monday!

Today or tomorrow it's not an option, but if you get d2ds and you know the next day is going to be blustery do the lot in a day before the storm hits.

easy for someone whos no longer in the job to say

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 10:35

hero22 wrote:
Trail wrote:

Buy a lottery ticket

Roll on Monday!

I do believe 80mph gusts and throwing it down rain were pretty much the same in 2018 before I finished and in 2020 now I have finished. So that 'argument' you just
proposed there is nothing short of sh*t.

Get your coat on your woolly hat on and deliver letters. It's hardly as unbearable as digging roads for British Gas at 4am, is it now?

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 10:54

Trail wrote:
hero22 wrote:
Trail wrote:

Buy a lottery ticket

Roll on Monday!

I do believe 80mph gusts and throwing it down rain were pretty much the same in 2018 before I finished and in 2020 now I have finished. So that 'argument' you just

Get your coat on your woolly hat on and deliver letters. It's hardly as unbearable as digging roads for British Gas at 4am, is it now?

That may be a valid opinion but calling someone a pussy for asking questions is deplorable, and that their opinion is s**t is inflammatory. Show some decency and respect when expressing your opinions and you might have got a better reception.

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 11:58

It's hardly as unbearable as digging roads for British Gas at 4am

I've never seen British gas digging roads at 4am but if it does happen I doubt it's much harder than digging roads at 4pm and I've had plenty of experience of that.

I can tell you for a fact that we never lifted a shovel in an 80 mph gale, in fact as soon as it started raining heavily we were back in the van sharpish, digging holes in the pissing rain is a mug's game unless you're digging swimming pools. I've also worked on many building sites that were shut down completely in far less extreme weather. I've got mates on the railway and they don't work in that crap either.

In fact the your whole theory is bollocks mate.

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 12:18

Woody Guthrie wrote:
It's hardly as unbearable as digging roads for British Gas at 4am

I've never seen British gas digging roads at 4am but if it does happen I doubt it's much harder than digging roads at 4pm and I've had plenty of experience of that.

I can tell you for a fact that we never lifted a shovel in an 80 mph gale, in fact as soon as it started raining heavily we were back in the van sharpish, digging holes in the pissing rain is a mug's game unless you're digging swimming pools. I've also worked on many building sites that were shut down completely in far less extreme weather. I've got mates on the railway and they don't work in that crap either.

In fact the your whole theory is bollocks mate.

Well put! In 1987 we were ducking sheets of flat roofing and milk bottles flying about try to get into work. The consequences of being hit by something is real and life threatening.

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 12:52

Make sure your wearing high Viz got your dog peg proper shoes.follow all rules because if anything happens they will somehow blame the opg.

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 13:11

anyone got a tip for stopping a modest pile of letters becoming papier mache in about 30 seconds?

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 13:20

south London postie wrote:anyone got a tip for stopping a modest pile of letters becoming papier mache in about 30 seconds?

Put the whole bundle through the first door and call it a misdelivery.

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 13:23

Buy a lottery ticket

Roll on Monday!

or throw big bundles in the air and see if they end up in the correct garden

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 13:37

Trail wrote:
hero22 wrote:
Trail wrote:

Buy a lottery ticket

Roll on Monday!

lol such an angry guy. :wave

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 15:12

I’ve often wondered if we should wear construction site type hard hats in this kind of weather? May stop a roof slate going in Your head.

Stormy weather

09 Feb 2020, 15:15

It's dangerous, end of! Scares the s**t me anyway.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3