not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Not getting paid for training

13 Jan 2020, 20:39

So there's a postie who is a work place coach at my office and so far he's only trained 2 people (including me) but he hasn't been paid as a trainer. It's been 6 months since he trained me and he's been telling our manager that he hasn't been paid but our manager is useless (for want of a better word) and has a personal grudge against him so nothing has come of it.
The postie hasn't done a work place coach course which probably makes it harder for him to get paid but surely the manager shouldn't be letting him train people if he knows he's not going to get paid for it?

Is there someone he can contact to help him?

13 Jan 2020, 21:06

There is no payment for training. Coaches get a weekly allowance; I think it's around 35 quid. If he hasn't done the course, he can't be a work place coach I wouldn't have thought. He either needs to do the course therefore getting the allowance, or he needs to refuse to do any of the coaching jobs if he's currently doing any. They're a total waste of money if you ask me.

13 Jan 2020, 21:10

They can pay you on a daily basis...(apparently on psp intermittent allowances wage type 6654 training opg apparently resource opg)....don’t be fooled by there bullshite!!...

13 Jan 2020, 21:32

Weller1 wrote:They can pay you on a daily basis...(apparently on psp intermittent allowances wage type 6654 training opg apparently resource opg)....don’t be fooled by there bullshite!!...

Is this current though? Many of the allowances have long been abolished.

13 Jan 2020, 22:15

if you do coaching its a minimum of £5 per day
but if its only for 1or 2 days i would tell them to ram it not worth the bother for about £7 or £8 after tax

14 Jan 2020, 05:16

Seymour Buts wrote:There is no payment for training. Coaches get a weekly allowance; I think it's around 35 quid. If he hasn't done the course, he can't be a work place coach I wouldn't have thought. He either needs to do the course therefore getting the allowance, or he needs to refuse to do any of the coaching jobs if he's currently doing any. They're a total waste of money if you ask me.

this is the correct answer, if hes an official work place coach hes already getting paid for this, so long as hes doing it within duty time.

14 Jan 2020, 14:27

Why would this even concern you? Theres offices up & down the country full of posties working for FREE everyday of the week, just do your job & go home & forget all about RM :arrrghhh

14 Jan 2020, 14:30

Postie45 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:There is no payment for training. Coaches get a weekly allowance; I think it's around 35 quid. If he hasn't done the course, he can't be a work place coach I wouldn't have thought. He either needs to do the course therefore getting the allowance, or he needs to refuse to do any of the coaching jobs if he's currently doing any. They're a total waste of money if you ask me.

this is the correct answer, if hes an official work place coach hes already getting paid for this, so long as hes doing it within duty time.

This isn't true, or at least it might be different for other offices. I received payment for three days of training someone on a rural round last week and I'm not a work place coach.

14 Jan 2020, 15:08

there definitely is a training allowance as ive been paid it previously.

14 Jan 2020, 15:57

He isn't offically a work place coach if he hasn't done the training hence he won't get the allowance for workplace coach. He shouldn't be getting used by the manager as WPC. As mentioned above there is a training allowance if you take someone out for training with you but this is not the same as being a WPC.

14 Jan 2020, 16:21

Why isn't he asking this question?

14 Jan 2020, 20:23

LouBarlow wrote:
Postie45 wrote:

This isn't true, or at least it might be different for other offices. I received payment for three days of training someone on a rural round last week and I'm not a work place coach.

well it is true, seeing as youre not a WPC they have to compensate you another way, a WPC would do it under the terms of accepting the position of WPC

15 Jan 2020, 10:24

I've been a postman for over 30 years. I've never heard of anyone getting paid extra for training someone on a round. You get overtime if you go over your finishing time, but you can't expect anymore than that.

15 Jan 2020, 15:25

it must vary from office to office then for some reason , theres definitely a training allowance in the office I work at , been paid it numerous times , think its something like 7 or 8 quid for each day you are training an individual .

15 Jan 2020, 16:09

Where there is more than one New Entrant commencing in the same week Coaches will be required to provide a suitably experienced individual that the New Entrant can shadow. These individuals will receive the daily non-school training allowance for each day they are assisting with the Delivery Coaching.

From the National Agreement on Induction and Coaches.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1