not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Duties supporting 1 in 4 saturdays.

11 Jan 2020, 18:27

Anyone else heard a rumour that RM are getting rid of the part time duties that allow 1 in 4 Saturdays with two options, VR or up hours to full time?

11 Jan 2020, 18:55

What’s VR?

11 Jan 2020, 19:15

Voluntary Redundancy.

11 Jan 2020, 19:18

We've heard they're getting rid of the Wallington weeks.

11 Jan 2020, 20:16

olilew wrote:We've heard they're getting rid of the Wallington weeks.

Yes that seems to be true because at one of the smaller delivery offices close to us they are trying to get rid of them . Rumour also has it that they will most likely be integrated into our office when the css machines are taken out at some point this year. In which case it may be easier to manage if all working nine day fortnight ?.

12 Jan 2020, 10:54

I think Martin Walsh mentioned a while back that all the alternate duty arrangements were going to be dropped by RM including Wallington weeks etc.

12 Jan 2020, 11:25

I see the great deals we’ve got to come from this company , we have to be more flexible but they get significantly less so ..... reserves should also be getting an actual rotating day off as it’s scandalous what happens to them and their days off.

12 Jan 2020, 15:36

I can't see why there's an issue with Wallington's,it can't cost RM any more as surely it's just the same as a rotating day off in that there's 5 duty holders and 1 cover duty,or am I missing something ?

12 Jan 2020, 17:23

ted_e_bear wrote:I can't see why there's an issue with Wallington's,it can't cost RM any more as surely it's just the same as a rotating day off in that there's 5 duty holders and 1 cover duty,or am I missing something ?

Perhaps what we're all missing is the elephant in the room, a Monday to Friday letters operation.

No need for 1 in 4 cover, no need for Wallington, no need for any attendance patterns.

12 Jan 2020, 20:04

Cluaran wrote:Voluntary Redundancy.

Thanks

13 Jan 2020, 05:08

Woody Guthrie wrote:Perhaps what we're all missing is the elephant in the room, a Monday to Friday letters operation.

Monday to Friday? What year did you retire from Royal Mail Woody :crazy: RM will push & push for a 24/7 operation & they will eventually get what they want.

13 Jan 2020, 05:32

twoloops wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:Perhaps what we're all missing is the elephant in the room, a Monday to Friday letters operation.

Monday to Friday? What year did you retire from Royal Mail Woody :crazy: RM will push & push for a 24/7 operation & they will eventually get what they want.

Read my post again.
A Monday to Friday letters operation.
Perhaps in some rural areas.... even less than that.

13 Jan 2020, 21:41

We've been down this VR route before, there is no way they are gonna start paying people to go when any job losses could be easily absorbed into the natural turnover of staff. If VR was offered in my office they'd be a que as long as your arm to take it I suspect; ditto with others judging by the comments on here. There's no doubt changes are coming, which will mean many of the older staff will just choose to go anyway which will be what they're banking on.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1