not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

09 Jan 2020, 21:47

The new parcel strategy appears to be going full steam ahead regardless of any union approval.
We currently have a guy in the office doing a daily count on the large parcels. When I asked my line manager about this he said that this was part of working towards deploying the new strategy. This is going to be done as soon as possible apparently. By the way he personally doesn't agree with the new plans.
Just interested to know whether any other offices have seen developments on this ?. Our office was one of the first in the country in November 09 to go van share . Are we to be the guinea pigs again ?. Thoughts and comments please.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

09 Jan 2020, 22:18

I had 4 oversize parcels today can't see myself being able to do much more of another delivery if they took them off me as I didn't have time to do the collapsed delivery

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

09 Jan 2020, 22:22

also one of the large parcels had a smaller parcel to go with it,would that mean me going to the address followed a bit later by someone else with the bigger parcel

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

09 Jan 2020, 22:35

transporter03 wrote:The new parcel strategy appears to be going full steam ahead regardless of any union approval.
We currently have a guy in the office doing a daily count on the large parcels. When I asked my line manager about this he said that this was part of working towards deploying the new strategy. This is going to be done as soon as possible apparently. By the way he personally doesn't agree with the new plans.
Just interested to know whether any other offices have seen developments on this ?. Our office was one of the first in the country in November 09 to go van share . Are we to be the guinea pigs again ?. Thoughts and comments please.

2009 I didn't know van share started that early.we were 2012.maybe your office will be a trial for the new strategy.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 08:20

Don't know how it's going to work with the crap segging at outward MCs. Many yorks of "large" packets that we get through have a high % of small packets in them

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 10:22

That's the start of the job cuts if your not an LAT office 1 round in 6 will go if you are in an LAT office tat 6th round will be doing the lats and large parcels

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 11:11

claystones wrote:That's the start of the job cuts if your not an LAT office 1 round in 6 will go if you are in an LAT office tat 6th round will be doing the lats and large parcels

SPOT ON!!

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 16:02

If we work as R/M tell us then only by going out earlier can a lot of posties do more, so for our own sakes start on time and take your breaks that will minimise job losses of course we can do nothing about their strategy but helping them by working for free is silly.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 20:51

It'll be a while yet before they try to implement it. Only the Warrington hub is open. They've found land to build the midlands one. The southern one I don't think they yet have any idea where that'll go

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 21:24

SpacePhoenix wrote:It'll be a while yet before they try to implement it. Only the Warrington hub is open. They've found land to build the midlands one. The southern one I don't think they yet have any idea where that'll go

Do you know where the midlands one will be?

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 21:29

is this parcel plan for uk mainland only ? Is northern Ireland getting one of these hubs too ?

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 22:31

Deadly wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:It'll be a while yet before they try to implement it. Only the Warrington hub is open. They've found land to build the midlands one. The southern one I don't think they yet have any idea where that'll go

Do you know where the midlands one will be?

Nope, just going on what we saw on RMTV

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

10 Jan 2020, 22:40

hero22 wrote:is this parcel plan for uk mainland only ? Is northern Ireland getting one of these hubs too ?

Looking very like mainland only.. rumours being going around for a few yrs now mc might become a parcel hub.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

11 Jan 2020, 16:05

Our delivery office is served by Warrington mail centre . It is very likely that we will be one of the first due to the fact that the hub is now open.
Can't wait for the fun and games to commence !. Had many a argument back in the early days of van share about what was achievable . We were always in the wrong of course and basically labelled as poor at the job.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

12 Jan 2020, 11:25

I was under the impression the second and third parcel hub sites had already been acquired. Except for DOs where posties are routinely returning very early I don't foresee the 'new parcel strategy' being possible to achieve. I'm thinking in terms of the part where they add upwards of an hour extra delivery time to each walk. Will not be surprised if this whole debacle results in Rico Black either resigning or being sacked which would be good news.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

12 Jan 2020, 11:36

Its not achievable.
Average 1 oversize per 5 minutes, so thats 12 an hour, x 5 hrs = 60 parcels per shift.

They want to collapse 1 in 6 so in my office os/lat driver would need to do 3 walks worth of parcels. On a busy day one walk would get 50 parcels so three would be 150 parcels. Therefore not possible.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

12 Jan 2020, 11:55

With the packet sorting machines (think it's going to eventually be 1 per MC with the largest MCs having 2), when they're sorting inward, is sorting down to walk level possible?

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

12 Jan 2020, 14:48

leolion855 wrote:Its not achievable.
Average 1 oversize per 5 minutes, so thats 12 an hour, x 5 hrs = 60 parcels per shift.

They want to collapse 1 in 6 so in my office os/lat driver would need to do 3 walks worth of parcels. On a busy day one walk would get 50 parcels so three would be 150 parcels. Therefore not possible.

Except that it will be more like 20 parcels per hour rather than 12 and a longer delivery span than 5 hours.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

12 Jan 2020, 15:05

SpacePhoenix wrote:With the packet sorting machines (think it's going to eventually be 1 per MC with the largest MCs having 2), when they're sorting inward, is sorting down to walk level possible?

I think the plan is to bypass mail centres entirely with the large parcels and tracked apart from possibly breaking down 40 tonners into smaller trucks where DO access is an issue. Whether there would be any gain in walk sorting the large parcels is debatable, most likely an LAT duty will cover half a dozen duties in an area so it would be an area sort.

THE NEW PARCEL STRATEGY

12 Jan 2020, 15:10

leolion855 wrote:Its not achievable.

The default has always been 20 per hour delivering parcels, it's not inconceivable that you could deliver 150 in a full shift given that there will be multiple parcels for some drops. These parcel duties will be full-time probably 11-7 or 12-8.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3