not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Dropping a day. Has anyone thought about it?

07 Jan 2020, 19:03

Im on a 30hr contract over 5 days and lately it has taken a toll on my legs and body and was going to see if I can drop a day which could mean I drop my contracted hours. Is there anyway of going about it or will this be refused by the dom?

08 Jan 2020, 05:48

Will almost certainly be refused unless it suits your DOM.

You might stand a better chance of getting some kind of job share if there's someone else looking to reduce their hours, rather than just you asking to work a day less per week.

Two of you covering a duty over six (7 hour) days might work?... you get to only work a 3 day week, your DOM doesn't have to worry about day off cover for that duty as it's covered for the full 6 days?

08 Jan 2020, 10:53

I went from 5 days to 4 days (32 hours) a few years ago and it's the best thing I've ever done! I now have every Tuesday off plus a rotating day, that extra day off makes all the difference plus the pay is still quite good, and I'm more willing to go over given that I've got 2 days off a week now. DOM bit my hand off as it was an easy way for him to save hours, doesn't hurt to ask and I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking to improve work/life balance!

08 Jan 2020, 15:49

FellChair is right what have you got to lose by asking your DOM?on a 30 hr contract dropping down to 24 hrs. you will take a hit of approx.40 quid a week in your hand but;manage a better work to life balance,go for it! best of luck

08 Jan 2020, 17:45

We have 2 guys in our office do a job share. Each do 3 x 8 hour days.

08 Jan 2020, 20:25

I'd rather do 4 days. I am shattered. I am usually shutting down by 7pm, can't keep eyes open any longer and body wants to turn off.

Also don't want to spend my life delivering post. I reckon when I am on my death bed I'll say to myself - why did you spend all that time delivering mail.

11 Jan 2020, 10:33

job sharing here aswell. Best thing I ever did. 3 x 6 hour days per week. Never feel as tired or pXXXXd off. Found the perfect balance

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1