not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 18:46

Is it just my office or is this a very quiet Christmas
I've been a postman for over 30 years and never seen it quieter
Is it a sign of things to come
Chatted to some of the opposition and they say they extremely busy
How is it where you are
Just interested no reason for asking

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 18:53

Quiet so far, but it hasn't really started yet!

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 18:58

Christmas cards haven’t really started yet. Parcels have been heavy since mid November though. Expecting it to pick up over the next couple of weeks

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 19:09

Very busy on letters and parcels are through the roof.

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 19:17

Local POs don't seem to be that busy

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 19:23

dazer0070 wrote:Christmas cards haven’t really started yet. Parcels have been heavy since mid November though. Expecting it to pick up over the next couple of weeks

Which couple of weeks ? Christmas is around the corner :hmmmm

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 20:00

My postman is on parcels/van duty as of today. Saw him this afternoon.

I don't know how much Amazon have taken off RM, or Hermes or DPD.

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 20:29

Well I thought last Christmas was a doddle. There's parcels everywhere already

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 20:38

This is a joke right?

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 20:44

Erm You know it’s only the 2nd?

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 20:52

It's all above my pay grade. RM were telling us they have a Great Sales Force, on one of their recent BS Videos.... it's up to them to get out there and chase customers. :hmmmm I just Deliver whatever lands on my Frame. We've got these Agency Guys in "Helping Out", and I'm still Booking Pressure Overtime. :d'oh!

The Christmas Cards haven't really started yet, and we all know how suddenly the Office can be Knee Deep in Red Christmas Card Envelopes! :shock: And nearly everyone Unfranked :arrrghhh I wonder if Rico will be asking us to make sure we Hand Endorse all those Un-Franked Stamps. :speak to the hand

We're getting a steady stream of Amazon Smiley Packets as their system starts to creak. They can normally manage throught out the year but it goes Mental at Christmas, and we just pick up what they can't deliver. IF we had any sort of Sales Team they'd be pushing up the Price to Handle our competitors mail at Christmas. I expect we're not allowed to "In the sprit of Free Competition" :cuppa

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 21:50

Scama_bug wrote:
dazer0070 wrote:Christmas cards haven’t really started yet. Parcels have been heavy since mid November though. Expecting it to pick up over the next couple of weeks

Which couple of weeks ? Christmas is around the corner :hmmmm

This week and next week...........then it’s still a week and two days to go!! Look at a calendar :thumbup

Quiet christmas

02 Dec 2019, 22:10

You’re having a laugh, we’re snowed under already

Quiet christmas

03 Dec 2019, 04:00

SpacePhoenix wrote:Local POs don't seem to be that busy

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Quiet christmas

03 Dec 2019, 05:55

I think because we have so many more pkts and parcels throughout the whole year now it means that Christmas doesn't seem quite as manic as Christmases in years gone by.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3