not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Retirement

02 Dec 2019, 17:13

Hi does anyone know if rm give pre retirement leave based on length of service

Retirement

02 Dec 2019, 17:28

No such thing as retirement anymore. You just resign with the required notice. If any leave is owed you take it or pay it back if you’ve taken too much up to your leaving point.

Retirement

02 Dec 2019, 18:44

Sputters2017 wrote:Hi does anyone know if rm give pre retirement leave based on length of service

RM doesn't give pre-retirement leave at all! And does it even exist in any other job, as I've never heard of it!

As Deltaforce says, officially there is no such thing as retiring anymore - you just resign.

You'll be entitled to a pro rata amount of leave based on when through the year you resign. If you've used too much you'll owe them, if you haven't used enough they'll owe you.

Retirement

02 Dec 2019, 19:38

RobertT wrote:
Sputters2017 wrote:Hi does anyone know if rm give pre retirement leave based on length of service

RM doesn't give pre-retirement leave at all! And does it even exist in any other job, as I've never heard of it!

As Deltaforce says, officially there is no such thing as retiring anymore - you just resign.

You'll be entitled to a pro rata amount of leave based on when through the year you resign. If you've used too much you'll owe them, if you haven't used enough they'll owe you.

It does exist my wifes company do it . They give one day for each years worked so you can ease into retirement. Maybe it's just something they do

Retirement

02 Dec 2019, 20:30

My partners company also do retirement leave. They call it garden leave where you get a percentage of your contracted hours off every week, full pay to ease into retirement

Retirement

03 Dec 2019, 14:16

Sputters2017 wrote:It does exist my wifes company do it . They give one day for each years worked so you can ease into retirement. Maybe it's just something they do

I don't think anyone's calling you a Liar, they've just never heard of it. Such a thing may have existed in Royal Mail when it was a Publically Owned Company (and many an Old Postie's said what a Lovely Job it used to be) but the Accountants have certainly sharpened their pencils since we became Privatised. It may well still exist for Directors. :whistle

My Dad knew a few Bankers going back a while, they used to start to "Run Down" well before their Retirement. They used to cut down to a Four Day Week for so long ....and then cut Reduce to a Three Day week, and so on .... Just so that sitting on their Arses all day didn't come as such a shock! :shock:

If you haven't got enough leave left I'm sure you've got some ailment that's been caused by all your Loyal Service over the years? It might very well well flair up for a Month or so :hmmmm ... what are they going to do "Make you Retire"? :cuppa

Retirement

Yesterday, 14:56

It still exists in the forces, police, fire service ect. Before most in the forces had to retire after 22 years service except warrant officers but you were coming out with a good pension and lump sum, many being in their early forties and it was paid even when you took up employment. It's now changed but it's 55 you must retire from the forces, apart from very senior officers. The police and fire service are 55 and 60. They were 50 and 55 but we all need to work longer to pay for the BANKERS screw up. :thumbdown

Retirement

Yesterday, 19:48

Ali831 wrote:My partners company also do retirement leave. They call it garden leave where you get a percentage of your contracted hours off every week, full pay to ease into retirement

Yeh but this is Royal mail we're talking about here!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1