not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Taking the P**S

30 Nov 2019, 23:11

One of the lads at work today had a bit of time on his duty indoors 20 Miniutes to be presise, Manager comes up and tells him to go out in the yard and defrost all off the fleet of vans in the dark of the morning. Sureley this is not in the job discription. Can I have your views on this please can they really do this?

Taking the P**S

30 Nov 2019, 23:17

Kings Norton wrote:One of the lads at work today had a bit of time on his duty indoors 20 Miniutes to be presise, Manager comes up and tells him to go out in the yard and defrost all off the fleet of vans in the dark of the morning. Sureley this is not in the job discription. Can I have your views on this please can they really do this?

Did he have 10/20 sets of keys or was it scraping ice off the vans?

Taking the P**S

30 Nov 2019, 23:27

They gave him cans of de icers he came back in freezing cold

Taking the P**S

30 Nov 2019, 23:36

Kings Norton wrote:Sureley this is not in the job discription. Can I have your views on this please can they really do this?

Everyone has a line on their 318 that reads "or as directed". Unless there's a medical or training issue, managers can have us work in any section or do any type of work at any time.

Taking the P**S

30 Nov 2019, 23:48

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Sureley this is not in the job discription. Can I have your views on this please can they really do this?

Everyone has a line on their 318 that reads "or as directed". Unless there's a medical or training issue, managers can have us work in any section or do any type of work at any time.

Thats bullshit there is a health an safety in place with degrees you have to work in in doors like the tempreture has to be at least 16. c.
out doors later is a different subject.

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 03:04

What a fantastic idea, this manager should go far, thinking on his/her feet :Applause I’m think ahead if he had taken all the keys he could have warmed all the vans up, keep us all snug ☃️

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 08:14

never heard sh@@ like it ever person who is using the van just pops out ten mins before leaving no scrapping we just start the engine and let the heater take its course :dance . not very good for the planet put it works :chuckle :cuppa

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 08:37

Good on that manager why should someone sit around for 20 mins while all around him have work to do it irks me that I get taken off prepping my delivery to go on ips whilst others are wandering around the office going for coffee or a cheeky smoke :no no

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 09:01

It's Royal Mail Work in Royal Mail Time. :thumbup We're paying people to come in several hours early to do IPS. When we come in they're normally sat on their frames texting (because there's not enough work to really justify them being in that early) . :no no BUT of course their Duty is ready to go! There's other Frames sat there with all the mail not even started (because the Posties start even later). Don't you think it would be a good idea for those "Early Birds" to at least throw off those Duties Mech? :hmmmm

We Vote for IA because in the long term RM will probably want to try and Francise out all our Duties (and we'll all be Self-Employed "Life Style Couriers" :thumbdown ). Yet we already have a lot of Posties that seem to think that they're already Self-Employed. :shock: They start when they please... Basically do what they want .... and whinge like mad if they're asked to do ANYTHING that they don't think is part of "Their" Duty. I suppose this is all fine as long as your only doing 5 1/2 hours work a day and getting paid for 7 hours. :cuppa
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 01 Dec 2019, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 09:02

glenfiddich wrote:Good on that manager why should someone sit around for 20 mins while all around him have work to do it irks me that I get taken off prepping my delivery to go on ips whilst others are wandering around the office going for coffee or a cheeky smoke :no no

I bet it would irk you more if you were told to defrost all the vans in the yard instead of doing IPS for 20 minutes.

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 10:20

Rumple wrote:
glenfiddich wrote:Good on that manager why should someone sit around for 20 mins while all around him have work to do it irks me that I get taken off prepping my delivery to go on ips whilst others are wandering around the office going for coffee or a cheeky smoke :no no

I bet it would irk you more if you were told to defrost all the vans in the yard instead of doing IPS for 20 minutes.

"Taken off prepping to do ips' I thought everyone had to do ips in the mornings? (unless you're pt i suppose?)

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 10:32

Royal mail manager asks royal mail employee do do some work for royal mail. Not seeing a news story here? :cuppa

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 10:34

leolion855 wrote:Royal mail manager asks royal mail employee do do some work for royal mail. Not seeing a news story here? :cuppa

Out in a yard dark no hi Vis. I think that's a story.

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 10:37

Kings Norton wrote:
leolion855 wrote:Royal mail manager asks royal mail employee do do some work for royal mail. Not seeing a news story here? :cuppa

Out in a yard dark no hi Vis. I think that's a story.

What is he?7 and scared of the dark?, He needs his arse kicking for losing his hi viz, everybody's given one, and everyone knows the rules. Im pretty sure there would have been a spare in the office somewhere.

Taking the P**S

01 Dec 2019, 11:21

maisymoo04 wrote:we just start the engine and let the heater take its course

Top Tip: Wouldn’t do it in my car, but also put the window wipers on full at the same time :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2