not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE




tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 15:21

first time I've done this, joined this year
what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15 :silenced, no answer from receiver, p739

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 15:50

Depends if it was a Saturday guarantee or just a standard special?If its just a standard don't worry you can deliver after one o'clock.If its the other depends if operations pick it up I think most of them or off on sat.Either way you'll just be told not to do it again if its your first time.

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 15:51

gimba wrote:first time I've done this, joined this year
what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15 :silenced, no answer from receiver, p739


he should of phoned your manager if you werent going to make it in time

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 15:59

naseemhamid wrote:
gimba wrote:first time I've done this, joined this year
what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15 :silenced, no answer from receiver, p739


he should of phoned your manager if you werent going to make it in time


I was at the depot when i see it, so yeah, told manager and went back out to deliver it

also, wasn't a saturday special

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 16:05

As far as i know , if you are given a 1pm special on a Saturday - it will be scanned as out for delivery before you get it and it must be delivered by 1pm.
Foreign specials , without any time stated, I deliver before and after 1pm without any comebacks.

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 16:15

For non-foreign specials the system doesn't record whether it's a Saturday Guaranteed or not so it'll just flag up any non-foreign special attempted after 13:00 on a Saturday as a failure.

With the foreign specials I can understand the customs charge ones and the high value ones going through the system as an SD but why do the low value (non customs charge) ones have to go through as SDs - why can't they go through the system as Tracked?

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 16:24

It will be flagged up as a failure.

That is a failure of the system, not you.

Only SG's have to be done by 1 on a Saturday.

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

30 Nov 2019, 21:36

NewPostieUK wrote:It will be flagged up as a failure.

That is a failure of the system, not you.

Only SG's have to be done by 1 on a Saturday.

1 oclock specials are only a m-f service so are not time sensitive on saturdays,only SG are time sensitive on saturdy.

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

01 Dec 2019, 00:07

It will flag up but it seems to be a good few days before they get on your case about it. You messed up and told the lino, don’t make a habit of it and move on.

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

01 Dec 2019, 08:46

I did one a day late told dom and was expecting to get my bollox nailed to the bike shed door all he said was s**t happens :dance

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

01 Dec 2019, 08:47

What does a late delivery of a Special really mean for Royal Mail?

A lot of the time people aren't in to receive them pre 1pm so I doubt many people complain. If they do, what happens, the sender gets an £8 refund?

I'd guess a lot of people don't even care about the by 1pm timeframe, as long as they get it that day. The 1pm timeframe is set by Royal Mail, not the customer. I'm sure if it was instead a 'by 4pm' service it would still be used the same amount.

Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

01 Dec 2019, 09:21

norris9 wrote:What does a late delivery of a Special really mean for Royal Mail?

A lot of the time people aren't in to receive them pre 1pm so I doubt many people complain. If they do, what happens, the sender gets an £8 refund?

I'd guess a lot of people don't even care about the by 1pm timeframe, as long as they get it that day. The 1pm timeframe is set by Royal Mail, not the customer. I'm sure if it was instead a 'by 4pm' service it would still be used the same amount.

Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?

There'd be a few types of firm that use it for the 1pm timeframe like solicitors, etc. I bet if RM analysed the no answer rate for the 9am specials, they'd find it in the 80-90% range.

If Tracked was more widely available then I reckon you'd see a big drop in the number of SDs sent. There's probably a good few people who only use SDs because they don't have the use of Tracked available to them

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

01 Dec 2019, 09:31

norris9 wrote:Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?


No nothing within the company is that bad or serious in the grand scheme of things, it’s only pedalled to us that it is because of the culture of the fear and intimidation style of management.

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

01 Dec 2019, 10:28

I had a look at the Royal Mail website Special Deliveries page which seems open to interpretation - probably because a SD posted on Friday is , generally , going to be delivered on Saturday anyway without the SG premium payment. (Parts of the UK excepted) So bad luck if you did want a Monday SD delivery and did not write that on the envelope.

tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late

01 Dec 2019, 14:45

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
norris9 wrote:Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?


No nothing within the company is that bad or serious in the grand scheme of things, it’s only pedalled to us that it is because of the culture of the fear and intimidation style of management.


You're quite right Grumpy. DOMs can get VERY Stressed about it but I think it only effects "Their" Bonus, or Brownie Points. :speak to the hand Last time I did it the DOM said, "It's a Failure against the Office" :sad: , and I replied, "Could you tell me how exactly that effects ME? Are we on a Productivity Bonus ,or something where I actually get paid some CASH if the Office Hits all it's Targets"? :hmmmm

After he'd admitted that I'm not likely to get any Cash Incentive I did tell him, "We ALL make Mistakes.... We don't mean to But they Happen .... We're only Human" :arrrghhh I think it's just another one of those Box Ticking Excercises that adds another few quid to a DOMs Bonus ... Like Holding WTLL Sessions .... Getting you all to fill out your Have Your Say Forms .... Screwing the Budget right Down .... etc. :cuppa

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2