not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Sick day before 1 years service

29 Nov 2019, 18:50

Friday, last week, I had my first sick day (Nora virus doing the rounds). Went in at 6.30 after throwing up, copiously. Managed an hour at my frame then went home.

This weeks payslip was minus that day. Management say that's because you can only self certify and get paid after 1 years service.

Can any knowledgeable bods confirm this?

29 Nov 2019, 19:29

HailEris wrote:Friday, last week, I had my first sick day (Nora virus doing the rounds). Went in at 6.30 after throwing up, copiously. Managed an hour at my frame then went home.

This weeks payslip was minus that day. Management say that's because you can only self certify and get paid after 1 years service.

You don’t get paid sick pay til after a years service. Not sure about the hour you were there though....

29 Nov 2019, 19:31

That's how I understand it.

No sick pay in first year. Not sure why. Kind of surprised with it myself. I would have thought when under contract you would be paid sick pay, legally. But obviously not.

30 Nov 2019, 15:13

Chupacabra74 wrote:
HailEris wrote:Friday, last week, I had my first sick day (Nora virus doing the rounds). Went in at 6.30 after throwing up, copiously. Managed an hour at my frame then went home.

You don’t get paid sick pay til after a years service. Not sure about the hour you were there though....

Yes, actually it's 54 weeks. If your off you can claim ssp (statuary sick pay) but as you only had one day off you won't qualify.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1