not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 16:47

POSTMAN wrote:Oh you guys mean this, which gets put out every year for the last god knows how many years, in various different formats and wordings...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=17204

Thats different from 'working to rule'

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 17:07

annem wrote:Can the CWU not take the case to the European Union?

and lose again? this will probably cost the cwu lord knows how much in damages already due to the frenzy on social media they wanted
end of the day it was wrong for people to open their ballot papers on the 1st morning and post pictures and videos doing so
2nd morning posting pictures outside RM properties would have been fine, hindsight eh!

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 17:14

So im guessing no strikes even in January (even though it wont hurt RM as much)???

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 17:27

Its a joke really as when i asked about just doing my hours over the fact I've been on a FT round for many years and still on a PT contract i was told it would be seen as unofficial striking by the rep! (for doing exactly what I'm paid for??? joke) The problem is some people will just do their hours over xmas but theres always going to be plenty of people wanting the overtime and doing loads of hours then these people will be the first ones to moan in a few years when we could potentially be doing the exact same work as we are now and earning 20% less a week wondering where it went wrong

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 17:54

My legs would be facked doing overtime.

Happy knackered Christmas.

No holiday allowed and probably going to be going over my time on a daily basis.

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 18:19

paul1231 wrote:Its a joke really as when i asked about just doing my hours over the fact I've been on a FT round for many years and still on a PT contract i was told it would be seen as unofficial striking by the rep! (for doing exactly what I'm paid for??? joke) The problem is some people will just do their hours over xmas but theres always going to be plenty of people wanting the overtime and doing loads of hours then these people will be the first ones to moan in a few years when we could potentially be doing the exact same work as we are now and earning 20% less a week wondering where it went wrong

your rep is at it

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 18:22

Acca Dacca wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Oh you guys mean this, which gets put out every year for the last god knows how many years, in various different formats and wordings...

It's called doing the job properly, work to rule is a form of doing the job properly which has been ignored for years, you know that.

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 18:27

POSTMAN wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:

It's called doing the job properly, work to rule is a form of doing the job properly which has been ignored for years, you know that.

And you know that what you have posted and 'work to rule' is two entirely different things, viewed by the management AND CWU as two different things

Work to rule is a form of industrial action and any mention of it at work could get you suspended

'Doing the job properly' is not

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 18:50

Just dont do any overtime,its not compulsary,and I know that a lot rely on it,but sadly that seems like the only way to go now. RM rely so much on posties goodwill,and if no one did any overtime they would be in a right mess.

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 19:39

Hitcher wrote:Because next to no-one will do it.

Exactly. If you can't get people to not come in early, when they're not getting paid for that, you sure as hell won't stop people doing overtime when they are getting paid for it.

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 20:03

Look, there's 2 camps regarding overtime at RM. There's one group that either needs or wants any and all OT, that's fine. Then there's the greater majority of us, who at Xmas feel a sense of duty to work over our time so the customers and the business are satisfied, well guess what? those of us in the second group can now say "what xmas pressure?" and just insist on working our paid hours.
In my office most people fall under the second group and they're won't be enough of the first group to paper over the cracks.
It'll be relatively easy to cause as much disruption without even striking!

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 20:13

Postie45 wrote:Look, there's 2 camps regarding overtime at RM. There's one group that either needs or wants any and all OT, that's fine. Then there's the greater majority of us, who at Xmas feel a sense of duty to work over our time so the customers and the business are satisfied, well guess what? those of us in the second group can now say "what xmas pressure?" and just insist on working our paid hours.
In my office most people fall under the second group and they're won't be enough of the first group to paper over the cracks.
It'll be relatively easy to cause as much disruption without even striking!

With the help of technology, the workload will be much more predictable so O/T on call will be on a casual basis, managers have to be alert for any employee starting to work before their start time, the cantine is there to hang around before that. A fairer and accurate O/T roster will be worked out and booked in advance instead of in the day.

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 21:10

Sir Henry wrote:I've heard the SCREWS try that "unofficial industrial action" bollocks on posties who threaten to use the trolley etc

Just ask him for a signed letter to say that RM no longer wish you to use the equipment provided and that he wishes that you instead carry bags on your shoulder.

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 21:45

annem wrote:Can the CWU not take the case to the European Union?

Nex year we all go to Brussels

Work to rule

13 Nov 2019, 22:12

Acca Dacca wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:

And you know that what you have posted and 'work to rule' is two entirely different things, viewed by the management AND CWU as two different things

Work to rule is a form of industrial action and any mention of it at work could get you suspended

'Doing the job properly' is not

I said it gets put out every year for the last god knows how many years, in various different formats and wordings
You say tomato...
That was the 1st one I could find.
Anyway regardless, no one is going to work to rule anyway.
I won't be working to rule.......because I do the job properly, I can't do anymore to hurt the business.
It's a joke when colleagues bring out this WTR bollox.
Not sure why we're having this semantics convo anyway.

Go ahead and tell your screw that you are doing the job 'properly now' where before you wasn't and see how you get on :left:
Not just you tbf but anyone.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3