not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

PDA UPDATE : Please use this thread for any PDA problems!

12 Jan 2020, 11:13

A new PDA software fault to report.
The screen goes black as if it has turned itself off.
Pressing the power button at the top begins the powering up process.
It puts the zebra motif up then gets to the four/five circle dots but then goes back to a black screen.
At the same time the indicator light at the top flickers red which is supposed to signify low battery but battery is fully charged.
Had to drive back to the DO then as needed the PDA to work at least to zap the barcodes in the postboxes.
Eventually the postie in callers office managed to get it to download 177 bits of data which downloaded really slowly. Has happened on two or three other PDAs the previous day.
Anyone else had this one occur yet ?

12 Jan 2020, 12:20

The same thing happened to me on Friday, total pain in the arse!!

12 Jan 2020, 12:28

why is it after downloading name , your route and boxes onto the screen and get out to your delivery , the PDA wipes all the details off your screen during the round then its a 6 mile round trip to download again?

12 Jan 2020, 14:52

Aye same happened to me on wed in the pissing rating. Had to give up on p.d.a and just take pics of tracked.

12 Jan 2020, 14:53

* pissing rain

12 Jan 2020, 18:26

eastie wrote:why is it after downloading name , your route and boxes onto the screen and get out to your delivery , the PDA wipes all the details off your screen during the round then its a 6 mile round trip to download again?

The route and box barcodes should be on the blue pouch containing the collection keys.

12 Jan 2020, 20:55

The route and box barcodes should be on the blue pouch containing the collection keys.[/quote]
what blue pouch?? we don't have that , just keys. Ours are scanned on our frames

12 Jan 2020, 22:23

eastie wrote:The route and box barcodes should be on the blue pouch containing the collection keys.

what blue pouch?? we don't have that , just keys. Ours are scanned on our frames[/quote]
Just goes to show every office is different. :Very Happy

12 Jan 2020, 22:52

who gives a fook :nana

12 Jan 2020, 23:54

patpat856 wrote:
eastie wrote:The route and box barcodes should be on the blue pouch containing the collection keys.

what blue pouch?? we don't have that , just keys. Ours are scanned on our frames

Just goes to show every office is different. :Very Happy[/quote]
PatPat856 was referring to evening collections when you have a bag with the collection keys etc inside. Others were referring to doing emptying of postboxes while out on delivery eg on Saturdays I usually have nine postboxes to empty but eight at the moment as one was stolen & still hasn't been replaced.

20 Apr 2020, 19:13

Have they done another update?

20 Apr 2020, 19:56

ssdd wrote:Have they done another update?

Yes there was another software update I think two or three weeks ago. Initially there was a fault on collecting from postboxes where the system was saying we were too early but that has been fixed now.

20 Apr 2020, 20:29

Scanning's a bit slow on the uptake when coming out of the lock-screen following the upgrade...have to give myself a pregnant pause (second or two) before using the scanner.

20 Apr 2020, 20:45

1560loopsayear wrote:Scanning's a bit slow on the uptake when coming out of the lock-screen following the upgrade...have to give myself a pregnant pause (second or two) before using the scanner.

Yeah I'm guessing it's down to all the apps (outdoor actuals etc) that are running all the time, there's not enough power for these old outdated pda's to function correctly with all the crap they've put on them,look at it this way, you can play games like pubg on an old android phone but it runs like shite, it's the same thing going on here with the pda's...investment in new up to date versions required !!

20 Apr 2020, 22:17

1560loopsayear wrote:Scanning's a bit slow on the uptake when coming out of the lock-screen following the upgrade...have to give myself a pregnant pause (second or two) before using the scanner.

I’m glad it’s not just me, alway lock mine down when I put it in my pocket, never been much of an issue. Until today that is, wake it up goto scan and nothing. Lock it and unlock it again and it works. Piece of rubbish.

20 Apr 2020, 22:44

ted_e_bear wrote:

Yeah I'm guessing it's down to all the apps (outdoor actuals etc) that are running all the time, there's not enough power for these old outdated pda's to function correctly with all the crap they've put on them,look at it this way, you can play games like pubg on an old android phone but it runs like shite, it's the same thing going on here with the pda's...investment in new up to date versions required !!

Think the Android version run by the PDAs might be 6 or 7 versions behind the current Android version

21 Apr 2020, 20:12

Noticed an update today.

The lack of keyboard (clicking on the blue line) issue seems fixed.

It looked pretty good but the laser scan stopped working a couple of times for no reason.

All was going well till the volume popped up again and the then the thing would not go into sleep mode via the power button an old issue. it stayed that way but thankfully i was near the end before the screen locked out.

21 Apr 2020, 20:25

I don't know if it's been asked already but does anybody know how to remedy the problem where the actual, physical power button at the top of the PDA stops working, so you can't switch the screen off between scans? I know it starts working again eventually but I'm fed up of writing memos in my pocket haha

21 Apr 2020, 20:33

Peejay8T8 wrote:I don't know if it's been asked already but does anybody know how to remedy the problem where the actual, physical power button at the top of the PDA stops working, so you can't switch the screen off between scans? I know it starts working again eventually but I'm fed up of writing memos in my pocket haha

When this happens to me I tap the menu button (bottom right), and then it will allow you to switch screen off. Give it a try...

21 Apr 2020, 21:22

Hopefully an update will be out to fix the update soon, the scanner only worked half the time I tried to use it today because the thing was freezing up.

Previous page Next page

Page 5 of 7   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7