not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

PDA UPDATE : Please use this thread for any PDA problems!

21 Apr 2020, 21:59

Are they having full reboots each day (battery removed for 30secs) either before you go out on your walks or after?

22 Apr 2020, 17:31

SpacePhoenix wrote:Are they having full reboots each day (battery removed for 30secs) either before you go out on your walks or after?

Are you saying that they should have a reboot as standard procedure?

22 Apr 2020, 17:32

SpacePhoenix wrote:Are they having full reboots each day (battery removed for 30secs) either before you go out on your walks or after?

Did the above today, even tried another pda. Still refuses to scan first time.

22 Apr 2020, 18:18

yellowbelly wrote:

Are you saying that they should have a reboot as standard procedure?

Generally whenever I use a PDA or STAR gun I'll reboot it before starting to scan anything. It seems to make them work better

22 Apr 2020, 20:43

Is it me or does the sat nav on the pda not work anymore, tried to use it today it was useless, it worked before Christmas the old co pilot worked perfect even giving you voice directions, the new one does none of this and says no gp available most of the time I tried to use it today

23 Apr 2020, 15:45

PDA's are fooked , I had to reboot and log back in 10 times today . I scanned my boxes and during one reboot the box numbers appeared again , the consolidation disappeared when I returned to the office.
These problems have increased since the upgrade on Tuesday and Tracked figures must be well down as Posties are getting fed up with these substandard devices

23 Apr 2020, 16:00

Keep the updates coming, err you lot I mean, not the PDA techie thickos, have repointed RM to the thread.
Keep on topic as well.

Cheers

23 Apr 2020, 16:04

eastie wrote:Tracked figures must be well down as Posties are getting fed up with these substandard devices

Their has been a big spike up our way of tracked not being scanned, I would say the pda added at least 20 minutes onto my duty today which will be booked as docket tomorrow, imagine if that’s the same across the business. Madness.

23 Apr 2020, 17:03

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
eastie wrote:Tracked figures must be well down as Posties are getting fed up with these substandard devices

Their has been a big spike up our way of tracked not being scanned, I would say the pda added at least 20 minutes onto my duty today which will be booked as docket tomorrow, imagine if that’s the same across the business. Madness.

Is it the items not actually being scanned or the items are being scanned but the PDA isn't sending the data?

23 Apr 2020, 17:22

ssdd wrote:
Peejay8T8 wrote:I don't know if it's been asked already but does anybody know how to remedy the problem where the actual, physical power button at the top of the PDA stops working, so you can't switch the screen off between scans? I know it starts working again eventually but I'm fed up of writing memos in my pocket haha

When this happens to me I tap the menu button (bottom right), and then it will allow you to switch screen off. Give it a try...

Thanks i will check that out. Ive noticed that it seems to happen when the black vol box comes up which then wont clear. After that the screen will not go into sleep mode via the button. Then its only a matter of time till it slows down locks up and needs a battery out reset. :arrrghhh

23 Apr 2020, 17:27

Sat nav not working
'done' button to send signature not working
constant interference from brightness menu meaning you cant get to the icons you want to use.
having to pull the battery out to log in.

23 Apr 2020, 17:41

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:

Is it the items not actually being scanned or the items are being scanned but the PDA isn't sending the data?

Bosses are saying people are not scanning stuff, it’s a right pain in the arse at the moment to get them to scan so to save time I guess some are just handing the stuff over and blaming it on the pda, I still scan everything but your having to mess around all the time. The whole system is rubbish, my neighbour told me she had a parcel delivered yesterday morning at about 10 then got an email over 24 hours later to say it had just been delivered.

23 Apr 2020, 17:45

My pda didn't like the sun today just about every scan I did I had to turn and make a shadow over the barcode or the scanner didn't read it.

23 Apr 2020, 21:32

My PDA regularly crashes or just freezes up....no scan light...unresponsive and quite often can't or doesn't want to scan paper items (creased) ...frustrating and equally embarrassing when this has happened in front of waiting customers...and me having to tell them :oops: to wait several minutes whilst my pda reboots itself ...which seems to take an eternity...oh and the pen has disappeared ages ago when i was on hols...told line manager /Dom...usual response..We will sort it out..order a new pen...as usual nothing gets done...customers have had to use their fingers for several months to sign for items....unbelievable in these times! :oops: :oops: :oops:

23 Apr 2020, 21:46

postypie wrote:oh and the pen has disappeared ages ago when i was on hols...told line manager /Dom...usual response..We will sort it out..order a new pen...as usual nothing gets done...customers have had to use their fingers for several months to sign for items....unbelievable in these times! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Please tell me you are talking in the past tense and are not asking customers for signatures at the moment?

24 Apr 2020, 15:49

you don't get any customer to sign , you are supposed to do it yourself and put CV19 on it

24 Apr 2020, 15:53

eastie wrote:you don't get any customer to sign , you are supposed to do it yourself and put CV19 on it

XP1.
CV19 is so last month.

24 Apr 2020, 19:38

Anyone know or care tell me what XP1 is the abbreviation of? :confused

24 Apr 2020, 21:08

Yes, I would like to know what XP1 means.
No one told me to use it so I still use CV19 as signature wich is logical too.

24 Apr 2020, 21:21

Janet Brum wrote:Yes, I would like to know what XP1 means.
No one told me to use it so I still use CV19 as signature wich is logical too.

No idea what XP1 means but we were told not to use CV19 as a few customers freaked out and thought their item was infected with COVID19 :chuckle

Previous page Next page

Page 6 of 7   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7