not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

JV pay

08 Nov 2019, 14:52

A line manager mentioned that JVs only get about £50 per week more than postmen. True or fibs?

JV pay

08 Nov 2019, 15:35

jv ?

JV pay

08 Nov 2019, 16:03

J v or job value was or is the managerial grades. Jv5 was line manager then you had jv 4 to jv 1. When I was acting 20 years ago my basic was £105 above postman.. I would be amazed if they let the differential slip to such a low level since then.

JV pay

08 Nov 2019, 17:29

deltaforce wrote:J v or job value was or is the managerial grades. Jv5 was line manager then you had jv 4 to jv 1. When I was acting 20 years ago my basic was £105 above postman.. I would be amazed if they let the differential slip to such a low level since then.

Jv5 is the old rank for linos. There basic is just under £30,000 with a lino annual allowance of about £1,700. So it's about £6,600 per year more and that's not including their 10% bonus. And you wonder why their bullying posties into passing and not paying docket on time of ever. Back in the day before bonuses ect the management had more in common with their staff and looked after them when I'll or had bereavement/ family issues and would 99% of time made sure you had time off all on RMs full pay. But then a lot had worked their way up, unlike today's university grads who have never been out on a walk. All the qualifications but no common sense, a bit like naval officers.

JV pay

10 Nov 2019, 08:37

Navalron. When my partner passed away last year, the management at my office were good, had no problem getting special leave, even sending me a condolence card

JV pay

12 Nov 2019, 16:17

barcajr wrote:Navalron. When my partner passed away last year, the management at my office were good, had no problem getting special leave, even sending me a condolence card

You obviously have a good DOM. Most of the bosses back in the 90s/2000s were usually brand new but they just started to get worse when Leighton /crozier paid off a lot of the old DOMs and started the hooray hendreys from university. A DO basically runs itself. It all goes to s**t when the garters try and save money by switching duties ect and it always ends up costing more. Numpties. If all gaffers treated staff like you were, they would clear office, every day and staff would go the extra mile to help them out and dig in when needed. They just don't seem to get that basic human, I scratch your back you scratch mine mentality. I'm glad you had a good experience at a trying time of your life. :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1