not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Can manager move me permanently from my own duty?

11 Nov 2019, 21:04

Repicks should be done once a year, and in case there is a legitimate reason, e.g. someone is on leave or sick, that duty should be filled by skills, so managers will have to update the skills records of their office.

11 Nov 2019, 22:51

ruorbe wrote:Repicks should be done once a year, and in case there is a legitimate reason, e.g. someone is on leave or sick, that duty should be filled by skills, so managers will have to update the skills records of their office.

disagree 100%

12 Nov 2019, 17:11

Nowhere does it say, in any agreement, that if you are moved from a delivery duty you have picked in a re-pick or re-sign, you have to accept it without the ability to resort to a grievance. What some are incorrectly promoting here is a form of enslavement. This is why the re-pick every few years in an office based on seniority is really important, otherwise it is clear management will use (and have) moving you around as another tool to beat you with. If you pick annual leave cover/link then that is what you do also, unless with your agreement.

The idea you have to accept every duty they throw at you is completely wrong, if you have ever challenged it through the union you would know.

12 Nov 2019, 18:19

mags999 wrote:a few rsoles impersonating managers on this thread I fear .lm a 30 year plus postie and if I was yanked off my duty I would kick off big time and expect serious backing of union and fellow workers to many 5 year or less workers winging there tits off at getting moved around.we have all done the crap early doors we new the score then but didn't winge about it as much about then as they do now in my opinion at the end of the day seniority is all we have got in this job .

When you say "serious backing" what exactly do you mean by that? Do you expect people are going to walk out the door so one member of staff can have his own way?

13 Nov 2019, 10:26

mags999 wrote:a few rsoles impersonating managers on this thread I fear .lm a 30 year plus postie and if I was yanked off my duty I would kick off big time and expect serious backing of union and fellow workers to many 5 year or less workers winging there tits off at getting moved around.we have all done the crap early doors we new the score then but didn't winge about it as much about then as they do now in my opinion at the end of the day seniority is all we have got in this job .

You can be moved wherever & whenever management feels like it within your office based on 'operational needs' & it does say within your contract you're employed 'as directed' unless what you're being asked to do is unreasonable, which doing walk B instead of walk A, isn't, there's nothing you can do. Having seniority among your colleagues doesn't mean you are beyond being asked to do something reasonable.

awesomepenguin wrote:

When you say "serious backing" what exactly do you mean by that? Do you expect people are going to walk out the door so one member of staff can have his own way?

Nobody would walk out over something so daft unless there were extenuating circumstances like being moved being the tipping point of bullying or harassment from a particular manager towards a particular postie.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2